What you claim to like vs what you actually watch

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

What you claim to like vs what you actually watch

Post by Rigel »

Inspired by an oddly placed thread in another forum that somebody has cast Thread Necromancy on...

My favorite movies of all time are 2001 and The Seventh Seal.. At least, that's what I tell people...

My actual favorite movies are The Hobbit (Rankin/Bass, not that Peter Jackson abomination!) and Clue. Go figure!
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I think we are all multi-faceted beings, and I make no distinctions of mentioning that my tastes run from highbrow like Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead to watching Fear Of A Black Hat, Watership Down, Pink Floyd The Wall, Creepshow and Joe Vs. the Volcano more times than I should have. Not to mention the Rankin Bass Hobbit, which was one of the first movies I had on VHS and I watched the hell out of it about every day after school in Jr. High/High school.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Is this like a guilty pleasure type of thing?

It's a strange concept to me, I can't imagine hiding what kind of movies I like and watch.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Yes, I go with that HLT. Much of what I want to watch at any given time is mood driven, and quite often it's simply easy on the mind and eye stuff that helps to bring me the diversion I need. But I could never saw I liked a film because I felt a duty to like it, nor deny liking a film because it seemed too (I don't know) low-grade entertainment to take pleasure from. Dare I say it, but one would surely only ever do this if one was inordinately concerned about the opinion of others as opposed to simply stating ones likes and dislikes. To me, that sort of negates the whole purpose of the exercise.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Re: What you claim to like vs what you actually watch

Post by Avatar »

Rigel wrote:...and Clue. Go figure!
Clue is a brilliant movie. One of my favourite.

(Dazed and Confused is another.)

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Re: What you claim to like vs what you actually watch

Post by Skyweir »

Rigel wrote:Inspired by an oddly placed thread in another forum that somebody has cast Thread Necromancy on...

My favorite movies of all time are 2001 and The Seventh Seal.. At least, that's what I tell people...

My actual favorite movies are The Hobbit (Rankin/Bass, not that Peter Jackson abomination!) and Clue. Go figure!
Agreed re the Jackson abomination but the extended version is soooo much better ... but why the musical elements?? lol crazy

I only watch movies I like .. and I suffer through movies Im not into .. my hubs loves the English Patient and is in to a lot of arty party drama genres Im not a fan of.

Im a basic escapist movie lover .. action, adventure, sci fi fantasy ..

Though some historical dramas do it for me too ..

Im not a fan of real life drama ... bleh ... though recently I watched Jungle with the Harry Potter dude ... and it was good.

I like war movies ... so many ... but I hate movies that are viscerally sad .. like Step Mother ugh .. and the Green Mile .. dont get me wrong I loved the Green Mile but I just can't watch it its emotionally taxing lol :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Flicks”