How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I think I've been gone too long. Finished my first year as a principal. Considering Covid, I pretty much killed it! And, I also made a couple of spectacular mistakes (no one really trained me, so there's that). But it's all good.

Stag and I moved from a spacious 4 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom cottage with no closets or storage space and no real dining room. So we've been getting rid of kaya (Nigerian word for "stuff") for weeks, and still doing it. Cleaned a horribly filthy literal rathole, yes, there was a dead rat in the cottage, and did most of the physical moving ourselves and we are exhausted and we hurt all over but it's all good. The cottage is really nice, quiet, and sunny.

Sunday we leave for the US after being marooned in West Africa since 2019 because Covid. Can't wait to see my kids, and my DIL is pregnant!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Not bad for a Thursday. I hope to be around the Watch more this summer because you peeps are lovely. <3
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Congratulations 🥳 on the pregnancy of your DIL Deer ♥️👌 how wonderful ♥️♥️♥️🥳🥳🥳🥳

I feel very grateful for my two absolutely adorable grandies ♥️

I’m a little sad this weekend … one of my “nieces” has been diagnosed with DIPG a rare and aggressive brain tumour. It’s location at the base of the brain stem makes it inoperable … taking a biopsy is also risky. She is 28yo and absolutely gorgeous. It is terminal and they have said life expectancy is 9months after diagnosis.

The entire family are shattered by this news - and I keep hoping for a different 2nd opinion/3rd opinion.

But everything since she collapsed on Thursday has consolidated the diagnosis and her prognosis.

My daughter will see her and the family in Brisbane this weekend. Her sister is in Melbourne and we are trying to get her and our grandies up there to see her. But Melbourne is currently on COVID lockdown … so travel from Victoria to QLD isnt really doable.

In a week or so there may be an opportunity. ♥️
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

OMG. I'm so horribly sorry.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Thank you Fisty … it’s been a teary weekend for all of us.

The doctors have decided a biopsy is too risky and will commence radiation treatment tomorrow. It won’t eliminate the tumour but it is hoped will slow its progress.

The symptoms are quite diverse - she hasn’t yet experienced difficulty swallowing, but it was her difficulty with balance and weakness that triggered the diagnosis.

It’s truly heartbreaking… and my youngest (they were in the same year in high school) is shattered and in Texas alone in isolation. I think it’s especially hard for him and I just want to hug him but can’t. It breaks my heart to see my kids soooo torn up and all of them are out of reach.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm so sorry, Sky.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Seeing you Sorus is a great salve to the soul … I’ve missed you everywhere … 😣

And thank you 🙏 … I’m keeping distracted as best I can …. it’s an old ploy I fall back on from my very trusty ‘escapist tool box’. 🤦‍♀️

How have you been? We’ve missed you so much … or maybe you’ve been back a while and it’s I who have been gone 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Had my biannual thyroid cancer screening/follow up this afternoon. The endocrinologist reminded me that November will be a decade since my thyroidectomy, followed by radioactive iodine treatment the following January. From my blood work screenings the past several years, she is of the opinion that the chance of reoccurrence is basically nil, and says I can go down to annual visits instead of bi-annual.

Huzzah!

One down, two (chronic leukemia and breast cancer) to deal with, with hopefully no new cancer variations raising their spectre to haunt me.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

NICE!!!! :D :D :D :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*double post*

In case anyone is interested, Stonehenge Summer Solstice: Sunrise is going virtual again this year. This link is via Facebook Live, but there may also be a website streaming it. They're also streaming the Stonehenge Summer Solstice: Sunset the night before, although for me here in the Pacific Northwet, the times are more noon and after dinner on the same day.

Last year, both events were anticlimactic, as it was misty and overcast. Here's hoping the weather will be clearer this year.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well hell. Congrats to Menolly, and commiserations to Sky, always difficult and even more so when it's "in advance" as it were.

Me, I'm not doing too bad all things considered. Yesterday was a public holiday and am actually feeling fairly rested for a change.

Crisis at work still not fully resolved, still trying to recover the underlying database, but have made jack-leg workarounds so the functionality is limping along for the most important / annoying clients and I'm mostly at peace with it.

Otherwise, mostly good. :D

--A
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

That's sad news, Sky. For someone so young to be diagnosed with that. No words.

I'm sure that was a relief to hear, Menolly! Good!

Post by Avatar »

Friday at least.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Thanks guys … glad you’re both doing well.

I’m heading to Melbourne to help my son with the grandies - as soon as there COVID lockdown is over … looks like new cases in Sydney that seem to have spread at a coffee shop - be glad when this is all done n dusted.

Krispy is sooo young - it’s rather heartbreaking if I’m honest. Now it’s all about doing what we can to be with her and celebrate our time together. I still can’t wrap my head around a world (in mere months ) she is not in 🥲

But none of us get out of this life alive - so heads down bums up and we really need to brave our reticence and tell people how important they are and how much they mean to you ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Monday...it's like some weird loop or something... :D

Also, I had no water the whole weekend, from Friday until Sunday.

We take so much for granted.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

These are the discussions that cause me to want to retire as early as possible.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Had jury duty Monday. Guy took a plea bargain, so no jury. He had raped a seven year old. I wanted to be on his jury.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I hope that bargain included loss of genitals and 15 minutes in a room with no cameras with the father.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

SoulBiter wrote:I hope that bargain included loss of genitals and 15 minutes in a room with no cameras with the father.
I'll see if the county posts court proceedings.

Post by Avatar »

SoulBiter wrote:I hope that bargain included loss of genitals and 15 minutes in a room with no cameras with the father.
Doubt it like hell. Not how we do things in civilised countries, right?

Anyway, I'm fine. Work continues hectic, but I suppose there are worse complaints.

With under 4% of the population vaccinated, we're hitting our stride in the 3rd wave now, stricter regulations etc. Not really affecting me to be honest.

Otherwise all mostly good, bit bored but hit the Steam summer sale... :D

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

At hospital 🏥. Julie having surgery to remove kidney stones.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”