How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote: “very big, bad, terrible, no good but lots of fun weekend”
Well its understandable. Rumor has it that time with AV is all of the above. :lol:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Stands to reason, as HE complained of it first lol 😂

Tis the mark of knowing how to have a good time 😉
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Today I feel slightly worse.

Bad timing as there is so much to do before the fire season starts in a few weeks: burning off, disposing of dead limb falls, weeding & feeding, and the biggest job my 1km hedge out front to attend to. Needs aggressive cut back but especially its height - it’s sitting at about 12-15’ heigh … and that’s too high!

Great privacy screen. And I have my summerhouse to build.

In sum - I need this head cold gone lol 😂
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Awww, checkin' in on this thread has been delightful!

SB's daughter and grandkids having a long-term visit... cool, though with its challenges.

Love the swan comparison, Av!
"elegant above the waterline, but mad scrabbling below the surface"
skyweir wrote:Great privacy screen. And I have my summerhouse to build.
This puts lovely images into my head! Yessss!
sorry you're sick!
Sincerely,
-a person who always forgets how much she hates being sick until she gets sick again.

Now, what about me... I.. have spent most of this summer socializing.
It would be a bit of an exaggeration to say I "moved my whole social life to Discord in 2020," but not much of one.
I really love involving myself in weird contexts, and talking to weird people.
(prepared for this by y'all, I guess! ooof... should I say that?!?)

Actually, I notice that I'm VERY drawn to talking online with people who've with mental health stuff and/or serious trauma in their past. Where's lorin when I need her? (She once mentioned she'd joined an online mental health forum, iirc.) In some version of the world, she would be my mentor. In any case, I was greatly helped (like unfathomably-enormously-helped) by things she wrote here.

Anyway, now that things have opened up, I'm also having new & sweet interactions with neighbors. (I have a really charmed life.) And OHHH, the church that we left 9 years ago kind of wants us back, and we are spending time with some of those folks.
So, wow, lots of social interactions on- and off-line.

It's kind of enviable, except I don't really feel like doing "responsible person stuff" like housework. (So the house is going to pot.)
Also, I embarked on a few writing projects, and now I'm experiencing a "hiccup" in which I don't write anything... so I have some anxieties pulsing around in the background where I grieve the way I'm "not getting anything done" with those.

I also have "responsible person stuff" I've been avoiding handling in the area of tutoring/teaching.
Starting a new P/T teaching thing this fall, and... wow, kids are going back to school so that means SOON!

All for now... I have likely written so much that this post will be impossible to respond to. (j/k)

EDIT: Added more punctuation and "Sincerely" to my greeting to Sky.
Added "or serious trauma" in a later paragraph.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Sounds like you’re winning at rl 👌 and that is awesome.

It’s great that you enjoy being an ear and a support person for peeps that struggle. We all need that at some point in our lives. Kudos to you! The world needs more folk that care about others ♥️

So it’s a DISCORD mental well-being support group?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I might join lol 😂 just to get me some Linna time 😘
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Today I am much stronger - but not enough to get stuck into physically demanding jobs.

My hubs is taking good care of me - which is wonderful - he’s a real keeper ♥️ running me baths, cooking and cleaning … and I gotta say I’m sooo happy I’m sick during lock-down - no fear of any visitors, the kids popping in unexpectedly (which in truth I love - but it’s always a little more work than I’m currently up for), massages and baking delights for me (tbh I have zero interest in food atm but what a great human and guy?!?) Very lucky to have partnered with such a compassionate, caring human.

We do have a princess parrot 🦜 in care atm - her mum is in hospital again, dear old thing she is. We take her outside to enjoy the sunshine of the nicer days but she’s a good girl and only throws her seed when she’s feeling ignored lol 😂
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Linna is on our discord too...

Sorry to hear you sick, glad you feeling better already. I take no responsibility, being 10,000km away. :)

Otherwise, mostly good. Have put in for leave week after next, so hopefully will have a nice rest.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yay you! Recreational leave is a thing worth celebrating- well any break from work.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Had to take 3 days off from work and get tested for Covid again, because I have strep throat. Miserable.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I feel ya 😉 also had to be tested bleh … but even though I haven’t been sufficiently recovered to tackle work - I am improving.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Just returned from receiving my 3rd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Hoping for not as severe response as my second dose. But, if I had a diminished response to the first two doses due to being immunocompromised, perhaps a more severe response will signal better integration.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

With the kids coming up my wife and I caved and got the J&J last week. No horrible side effects. Swollen lymph nodes that tell me my body reacted properly and also might indicate I have had previous Covid exposure.

My wife had a bad headache for a couple of days, and that was about it for her.

I was not as concerned about getting it and passing it to them, but rather getting it and being laid up when they will depend on us.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Giving blood is a way to find out about exposure to the virus as they had been testing for it. That was how I confirmed after a negative covid test that I hadn't been infected last November.

We're getting ready for a road trip to visit relatives during the first half of September. Omaha, Montana, Fargo. As kind of a train guy, I'm hoping that this trip a couple of the places along the way are open this year that were closed last time. Like the Union Pacific museum and the Little Bighorn battlefield
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Running a fever of 101.4°F. Slight headache and tired. Going to attempt to nap.
Arm slightly more sore than previous two times, but I'm working it and am hydrating.

Unfortunately, as a chronic leukemia patient, this forner galloneer can no longer donate
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

As a malaria survivor, I can't donate either. Pretty much if you've ever been to Africa, you're blacklisted.

School started August 11. After 3 days we went on lockdown-- not for COVID-19, but for tribal attacks. Then we reopened this week, and closed yesterday an hour early for the same thing. The university has been evacuated after multiple attacks, and in the nearby community whole families were burned inside their homes (including the daughter of one of our security staff, her husband and children). j

This SUCKS.

We're here complaining about having to teach online, but meanwhile people are getting macheted and torched and shot in various parts of the city. So we're currently on 24 hour curfew. I'd like to say I have peace about it but although we ourselves do not feel threatened, people are killing and dying and it's all a completely pointless cycle of retribution.

Fun fact: the "eye for an eye" part of the Bible was actually meant to LIMIT revenge and end cyclical violence. It was an eye for an eye-- not killing for an eye, or burning to death for a tooth. And then Jesus said, even better, love your enemies. But people forget that stuff when they're grieving. And right now a lot of people are grieving. I can't even imagine places like Afghanistan and Syria.

Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer. But there are a lot of mean people out there busy ruining things.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I'm sorry all this is going down, deer. I hope y'all are staying safe.

Feeling 100% better, although my arm is still slightly sore.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I want to publicly apologize to Linna. I dropped the ball this summer, I said I was going to call but then didn't. Summer moved so fast and I wanted every moment with my kids...still. :hug: Sawweee.

We continue to be locked down, but are hopeful for a return to what passes for normal in this country, the usual s***show. Seriously, this country is falling apart at the seams. For the first time in years we are seriously wondering if it will hold together long enough for us to get to retirement age (5-7 years). And do we want to stick around that long when we see so little impact from the work we do. But we're only going down that line of thinking because we're discontented with online teaching.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

It's Play Music On the Porch Day! Here's my totally non prepared, totally spontaneous "performance."

Play Music On the Porch Day 2021
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

My wife and I spent this last week in Georgia in a rental helping with my daughter and the new baby. Baby born all healthy 7.7lbs and very loud when hungry.

The adventure begins on Friday when we climb in all the vehicles and head to Ohio.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”