Z Nation

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Z Nation

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

I like zombies. The zombie apocalypse is an utterly ridiculous idea given the fact that the planet would be 100% uninhabitable roughly 10 days after the loss of power disabled the safety controls on nuclear reactors and chemical plants, but still, they're fun stuff.

I've hate-watched The Walking Dead since Shane died. The Romero films are wonderful. Loved the Dawn of the Dead remake. I think Shawn of the Dead and both Zombieland films are great fun. Army of the Dead was great.

So about a month ago I started on Z Nation. It's produced by The Asylum, wo gave us the Sharknado movies, as well as cinematic treasures like Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus.

Folks, this is how a zombie series should be done. The black humor is abundant. There are ridiculous situations. People joke. One person pukes, and everyone around them pukes. It's low-budget. The CGI is borderline terrible. But damn, there's a good story here, and people you're invested in freaking die.

Very few shows should go past 5 seasons. This one went 5, and I would have happily watched a 6th.

And on another note, check out Black Summer, a prequel of sorts that's just mean and nasty. Very bleak, that really addresses how awful people would be when society breaks down and people are starving to death.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I lost track of Z-Nation. After season 2 I believe. I did enjoy what I saw.

We quit TWD after Abraham was killed.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I quite enjoyed what I watched of this one. Enjoyed the humour, as you said. :D

--A
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Re: Z Nation

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:I like zombies. The zombie apocalypse is an utterly ridiculous idea given the fact that the planet would be 100% uninhabitable roughly 10 days after the loss of power disabled the safety controls on nuclear reactors and chemical plants, but still, they're fun stuff.

I've hate-watched The Walking Dead since Shane died. The Romero films are wonderful. Loved the Dawn of the Dead remake. I think Shawn of the Dead and both Zombieland films are great fun. Army of the Dead was great.
I love you. :D
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:So about a month ago I started on Z Nation. It's produced by The Asylum, wo gave us the Sharknado movies, as well as cinematic treasures like Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus.

Folks, this is how a zombie series should be done. The black humor is abundant. There are ridiculous situations. People joke. One person pukes, and everyone around them pukes. It's low-budget. The CGI is borderline terrible. But damn, there's a good story here, and people you're invested in freaking die.

Very few shows should go past 5 seasons. This one went 5, and I would have happily watched a 6th.

I stopped watching after a few episodes.
I'll have to check it out again.
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:And on another note, check out Black Summer, a prequel of sorts that's just mean and nasty. Very bleak, that really addresses how awful people would be when society breaks down and people are starving to death.

I really loved Black Summer.
It has a totally different "feel" to it.
Love that they run too.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Truly underrated show. Stupid, sure, but intentionally so. I'd argue that, on the whole, it was better than TWD.

Along those lines, I'd recommend Futureman on Hulu. I've rarely laughed at a show so hard and hated myself for it (if only a little) so often.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Never heard of Z Nation or Futureman. Guess I'll look.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “TV Shows”