Experience with edibles?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

hah ... that is the best description of my experience lol :lol: at least as it started
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Skyweir wrote:Well I am glad Ive not had a bad trip
:lol: Yes you are.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Avatar wrote:I don't like eating it. I don't like the high, and I don't like the delay, because it means you can't really control the dose.

With smoking, you can feel the effects and stop when you've had enough.
Wish I could find Nick Swarsdon talking about that. Eating it, feeling nothing immediately, so eating more and more. A half hour later you're "violently stoned." Just sitting in a corner telling yourself "Breath. Breath."
LOL The GF made some cookies once, and the problem was, they tasted great. :D So I would get home, eat some as cookies, and then smoke a joint. Took me a while to realise why I was getting so stoned suddenly. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Aint that the truth ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

This thread reminds me of last Christmas. The state legalized pot a couple of years ago. Last years family Christmas gift exchange could have been arranged by Cheech and Chong. Someone got a cookbook, my niece took home an apron with a big leaf on the front, there was some kind of drink additive. :lol:

Edible would be the only way I would take it. I can’t stand the smell of the stuff.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I have experience now! :lol:

Last summer we were in Colorado. My wife got gummies. She has always had great difficulty sleeping, and figured it was a good chance to see if this works. I tried one. Got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and was a little off balance. But we were also in Denver, which is much higher elevation than where we live in New York, so I couldn't rule that out. I tried one a couple months later when we were home. I will never try one again. I am apparently a very very ... very lightweight when it comes to these things. One gummy, and I was messed up the next day. Rofl. Nothing real serious, but I definitely felt it for several hours the next day. Just couldn't clear my head. Almost like the room was spinning.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Good to know. I probably would have eaten more than one. :)
Last time I got high was back in college. My roommate kept a bong out on the coffee table and imbibed all the time. I never touched the stuff. He broke up with his girlfriend and was so bummed out that I got tired of listening to him so I told him I'd get high with him. Which cheered him up. I got the bed spins afterwards. :lol:
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I've tried edibles and smoked the happy kind of pot several times with the same results...nothing.

oh well.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. During COVID, while also going through a divorce, I found myself drinking way too much. I needed a change, and sobriety wasn't appealing. I also don't like smoking it that much (mainly the smell, specifically the way it clings to everything).

So I took up edibles. I've only had commercial gummies a few times, and I didn't care for them. One time I felt nothing for three hours then woke up in the middle of the night so high that getting to the bathroom to pee was a notable achievement. Woke up with a hangover, which, while not like alcohol, is still a thing. Same edibles, took two (50mg each. A newbie dose is about 10, while 100mg is approaching pro level), barely felt it.

So I just make my own now. There's a thing called Levo that does all the work for you. Just measure out 14-20 grams (depending on quality. 20 is for shake/trimmings), grind it, put it in their canister thing, pop it in, run the drying cycle if you have to, run the activate cycle, put in about a cup of oil (virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil is the best, in my opinion. You want enough to reach the top of what's inside the canister), and start the infusion cycle
Last edited by [Syl] on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Oh, and apparently a chemical called leichtin (sp?) helps the body metabolize THC, so using the product with something that incorporates eggs helps.

With the above method and measurement and using Pillsbury brownie mix (2/3 cup of oil to most other brands' 1/4 to 1/2), it makes about 24 bite-sized brownies. I eat 3 or 4 a night. My girlfriend only needs about half of one. Start slow, and give it at least two hours before you get more. It builds like a freight train
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Damn, I missed a lot of this thread somehow. :D
peter wrote:A chillum is a brutal thing though isn't it Av; the hit is certainly a powerhouse way of getting the best out of any particular kind of hash, but it's probably meant for grass rather than hash mixed with tobacco. The latter makes it very harsh if my memory serves me right. Now for a good pure hash hit, a nice little pipe (or even a pin and bottle) works best for me!
I mean, I thought chillums were invented specifically for hash, although certainly I've had and seen ones of varying sizes. But yes, those big clay ones can indeed be brutal, much to the amusement of the friend who was supplying it. (Funnily enough, it was at his home, some stately farm or something, in Cornwall. :D )
peter wrote: A bad trip is when you drop a great big fuck-off tab of brown acid and twenty minutes later you've entered the worst nightmare you've ever had....
I have only ever had great experiences on acid / mushrooms. Big fan. :D
Fist and Faith wrote:
Avatar wrote:I don't like eating it...
Eating it, feeling nothing immediately, so eating more and more. A half hour later you're "violently stoned." Just sitting in a corner telling yourself "Breath. Breath."
:LOLS: Exactly. Or worse, eating it, forgetting it has an active ingredient, eating another one or two because it's so moreish, (they were peanut butter cookies the GF made), and then smoking a joint. :D

(It took us a few days to figure out why we felt so wasted the whole time. :D )

Anyway, these days I've been playing around with making Butane Hash Oil which is incredibly easy. Still have to smoke it somehow though, I usually just smear some on a cigarette. (Really need to quit that...) :D

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Speaking of people making their own. Funny story. I was at the grocery store one day. Over here, you need ID to buy nyquil. Apparently you can make drugs out of it. Although just drinking a bottle of it would be good enough. Anyway, these two guys were at the register and they did not have id, so the cashier would not sell to them. So they leave, and I buy my stuff and leave. When I get out to the parking lot, they're standing there, stomping feet, yelling, "FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!"
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I've tried edibles and smoked the happy kind of pot several times with the same results...nothing.

oh well.
I tried pot once in the '80s and it did nothing for me. The carpet felt weird under my feet -- that was it. Didn't seem worth risking arrest to try it again. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Perhaps you were so stoned you didn't know you're outside and that was grass under your feet.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Fist and Faith wrote:Perhaps you were so stoned you didn't know you're outside and that was grass under your feet.
:lol: Nah, it was the carpet on the stairs up to my apartment. We *had* been sitting in the backyard, but I didn't notice anything then.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

When I retire in two years, if Texas still hasn't legalized, we are taking a trip to the nearest state thst has.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Not sure how close NM is to you, Sarge, but it's legal here.

EZ Board Survivor

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Even though it is the next state over, very long drive.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”