Any Canadian Get A Copy Of Runes Yet?

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Any Canadian Get A Copy Of Runes Yet?

Post by Old Darth »

I had mine on order from Chapters and have been emailed that they are out of stock and do not expect any more copies for another two weeks!!

Anyone in the GTA area have any luck finding a copy yet?
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

As I mentioned in the Runes forum, Chapters report no stock in any of their retail stores nationwide. I believe they are lying about having it in stock for their online store. They don't even list it with the correct dimensions or number of pages. (Also they think St. John's is in Alberta, which is an utterly bizarre mistake for any Canadian to make. I would find it impossible to believe that they could be so ignorant — but they are a T.O. media business, which makes any degree of stupidity plausible.)

At the moment, their website claims that they normally ship Runes in 24 hours. They are taking money under false pretences. This is one of many reasons why I despise Chapters/Indigo and its Chief Executive Harridan, Heather Reisman.
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

I hear and agree Variol. When I received my email saying it would be delayed two weeks I responded with the same info you mention about their site saying they have it in stock and will ship in 24 hours.

I am awaiting their response.

BTW do you have a copy yet?
W.B.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by W.B. »

If you want to probably pay some extra shipping, I believe both bn.com and amazon.com will ship to Canada. I know I've ordered from amazon's U.K. site and had the stuff shipped to the States.

I keep having ironic thoughts about Americans crossing the border to get cheaper perscription drugs, while perhaps someone somewhere taking a trip south for Runes. :-)
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Stephen R. Donaldson Ate My Dictionary
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I just ordered mine from Chapters Saturday...they shipped it today.
Unfortunatly, they shipped it Priority Post...which is a fancy name for 'Canada Post with a white and red sticker on it.'...Plus they screwed up and sent me two copies...which I thought was a great idea (one to read/one to save)-my wife thinks that it would be a better idea to take one to the local chapters and ezchange it for the lastest Nora Roberts book
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Glad you got yours, drew. And two copies? Lucky man you are. But who is this Nora Roberts? Why do I have the feeling I'm not going to like the answer?
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

I just ordered mine from Chapters Saturday...they shipped it today.
Weird and unfair! I pre-ordered this and was told I would have a two week wait! WTF?!!?!?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Nora Roberts? No you won't: Ever heard of Danielle Steele? :roll:
fall far and well Pilots!
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

What no Nora Roberts fans out there? (said VERY sarcastically)
There's about two-dozen at my house I could send anyone....ANYONE....PLEASE....
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Ah, Danielle Steele. I was afraid of that. drew, it would be a shame if you had to let go of your second copy of Runes. Oh well, have to save the marriage, eh? :wink:
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Well, well - how about that. Chapters sent me a email that my order has shipped! Should be here in time for the weekend!
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

arrggh!! I went to a Chapters store in Calgary looking to order it (having no credit card, I can't order it online), and the guy told me "it looks like you can't even order it right now"....jerk! okay, well, maybe it's not his fault...but still! argghh!
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Came in the mail today! Yipppee! Off to read.... 8)
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

I'm no Canadian, but I bought it today! It wasn't in the stores until today. :x Bad Sweden!

Hehehehe. But it was pretty funny. I almost ran to the bookshop, cause I was afraid they were all sold out, but they weren't! and you could really really hear my sigh of relief. I grabbed one and rushed to the counter, and the boy behind it "Hey, breathe, it's not like it's going to run away or anything", but I seriously thought so. But .. no, I have it now! Teee heee heeeeeee.eelthahgiah gohas . Yeah. So why am I here!?! I need to READ IT :D :D :D
tallan
Ramen

Post by tallan »

Yes, you! :!: Go read, so you'll finish it, so I can read it! :twisted:
PitchDude
Stonedownor

Chapters and Canada Post

Post by PitchDude »

Howdy.

Well, I ordered my copy online on Friday, and was told it was 'shipped'. I think there was a small transposition error - they used pp instead of tt. :-)

Anyhow, 'shipped' to chapters obviously means something different to them than to you and me, as Canada Post only received it yesterday. It is currently 'Out for Delivery' so I CAN'T WAIT to get home and go get it!!

So, there's my experience with them dudes.

Jim
Only a person who has truly experienced the consequences of his/her own destructive actions is qualified to evaluate--is, indeed, capable of evaluating--his/her future actions in order to make meaningful choices between destruction and preservation. - SRD
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Canadian order of Runes

Post by Usivius »

Well, me personally, I live in Toronto. I put in an order about two months ago at Bakka (the best SF and fantasy book store in TO). When their order came in they called me and said because I was one of the first to order it, they gave me the option of buying one of the SIGNED copies they had. My answer: yyyeeeessss! Same price, just one of teh 75oo signed copies SRD said he did. sweeeeet!

So, if you are anywhere near Toronto and want to order, or just buy some good fantasy or SF, Bakka is the place. Chapters/Indico are terrible. I went in to one of their bif stores over two months ago and they even had the gaul to tell me that it was already released and sold out and they would not have more IN PAPERBACK until November... Now tell me how messed up that is... I try and avoid the big monster Chapters now...
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Usi - that is a great ancedote. I have not been to Bakka in years. I will check to see if they have an online site. Thanks for sharing.
Reynard Ashmelayn
Servant of the Land

Post by Reynard Ashmelayn »

I got mine no problem. As others have noted, the chapters website lies about stock...Chapters in Moncton had never even heard of it--but I just went across the parking lot to Champlain Place and the Coles there had a whole whack of copies. Kind of strange, since Coles is owned by Chapters, but c'est la vie, I suppose. I got my copy and that's all that matters.

Would have had the sucker read in a day, too, if I didn't have that nasty little "job" thing that I go to.
Beware, beware!
His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
Weave a circle 'round him thrice
And close your eyes with holy dread
For he on honeydew hath fed
And drunk the milk of Paradise!
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

I finally got my copy on Wednesday, and finished reading it yesterday. But I do not like Chapters any better for the experience, nosirree.
Without the Quest, our lives will be wasted.

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”