Okay, so you find yourself in the Land ...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Dilthey
Stonedownor

Post by Dilthey »

I would first sit down and ask what had happend to my summoner. Then take a few hour to get the shock out of my system. And slowly stand up and look around. Ask my summoner to feed me and guide me around. Talk to people and get to know the land better than it could be discribed. I know I would like to be a teacher, but my main consern would be that I 'wouldn't have something to offer them. Our knowledge is largely useless there. But maybe they could teach me a bit, that would be nice. Being a student is okay. There are only a few lords so I would not want to strive for something that high. But I would spend days listening to giantish tales if I had the possibility :D
"The Land? Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about my garden." (The wife thinks it lacks creativity ;-p)
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

What would I do?

Post by The Dreaming »

I'd probobly wallow in self-hate, complain about how powerless I was, not do anything on a couple of epic quests, and... oh yeah! Make out with my daughter!

Edit: REALLY surprised no one beat me to this. I actually went back to read em all after I posted.
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

has anyone but me noticed that the first page of this appears to have been started in 1969? :lol:
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

id probably try to not get my butt kicked...
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I would go to Revelstone and really get a lay of the LAnd from the experts, trying to find out what my gifts could do to serve the land. I would then tour around the land hoping to feel through the onset of health-sight some sort of epiphany as to where to go.

My guess is either Loresrat or with the Woodhevenin.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

fightingmyinstincts wrote:has anyone but me noticed that the first page of this appears to have been started in 1969? :lol:
Yeah, that was a random glitch thing once. I forgot all about it :lol:

If I found myself in the Land, I'd go to Foul's Creche and take over :twisted:
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

fightingmyinstincts wrote:has anyone but me noticed that the first page of this appears to have been started in 1969? :lol:
8O Lord Foul's power must be growing. He's corrupted internet time!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Haha...all these white gold rings people have been buying are threatening the Arch...
Dilthey
Stonedownor

Post by Dilthey »

What will happen if the arch is broken? No more internet time? Chaos? I want front row seats.
"The Land? Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about my garden." (The wife thinks it lacks creativity ;-p)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

If the Arch of Internet Time is broken, Darth Revan will be freed to "heh" and "pie" wherever he pleases.
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

I wouldn't want to do anything that would restrict me from having sex thats for sure - like being an Unfettered or Bloodguard. Too much schooling at the Lorestraat might restrict my lovelife too. So I guess I'd be a cattle herder, Lena was hot wasn't she?
Eryne
Stonedownor

Post by Eryne »

Oh, geez...If I arrived in the Land, I think I'd die of shock! 8O Ever since I first read TCTC, I've ALWAYS dreamed about popping up there.

I think the first thing I'd do it find an aliantha bush and try it. Then I'd prolly want to see Andelain and roam the hills for a bit. I'd want to know how to be in the Loresraat, but I don't think I'd make it as a Lord cause i couldn't make it past the Sword stuff. :? I REALLY want to know how the lillianril works!! I WANT TO BE A HIREBRAND!!
"Darkness withers the heart."
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I revise my answer of, um, two years ago. I would do the manethrall bit, but I would BEG, absolutely BEG for a ride on a Ranyhyn, through Andelain. Just one. Because galloping bareback in an open field is an experience above and beyond the ordinary, and to do it somewhere that beautiful... wow. :yeehaa:
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Alynna? Alynna?! :o :o In my three years here, I don't think I've ever seen you actually post anything. Welcome back, oh living legend! :o :D
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

I'd study at the Loresraat to achieve the skills of a LORD and then ... visit the Haruchai over the Westrons and master and exceed their fighting skills (while there I'd probably date the women - they sound HOT.)

When I was done, I'd study lore with Waynhim and any unfettered and then the Elohim. THEN I'd come to Revelstone to serve as a kick-ass, battling, and lorefilled LORD!!

[with long-distance Haruchai girl friends!! - just don't tell my wife!!]
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Jasmina
Servant of the Land

Post by Jasmina »

I'd be off to find some aliantha.
I haven't been able to break the skin of a grape in my teeth and NOT think of them for over 20 years!!!!!
I think they sound like great hangover cures.
Also all the other beverages spoken of.
Springwine, Diamondrought, ...tastey cockie-taillllz,
warm fuzzies...no hangovers...AND....THEY'RE EVEN GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
Oh Happy Day!!!

Talk about a dream? Talk about a fantasy?

Maybe I could be a cook on a Giant Ship!
Doing what I could for those great beings and see the world!!! Like the Navy only I wouldn't have to kill anyone! ;)
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

I would stagger down the stairs from Kevin's Watch, run in to some angry Stonedownors that would break mirkfruit in my face.

Then I would wake up again just in time to be sacrificed to the Sunbane in order to raise water and make crops for the stonedown.
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
Lord Doom
Woodhelvennin

Post by Lord Doom »

Well, I would likely fall down the last bit of Kevin's Watch, get chased out of town by the Stonedowners, run over by the Ranyhyn, attacked by Ur Viles, and captured by a Raver.

Fun!
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

Would have to live in Plains of Ra, north of Manhome,
caring for the Ranyhyn and convince them to run over Lord Doom.

(Other than that, I would be content at a Stonedown, waiting for someone to fall down the last bit of Kevin's Watch so I could chase him out of town.)

:D
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Avaunt, minion of the Sunbane! How dare you speak ill of Lord Doom! I'll have to take you out to the plains of Greshas Slant and stake you down to await the rising of the desert sun... ;)
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”