Bodach Glas, an interesting tidbit

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

I'm a winner at life, drew. At life.

heh.....
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

...ohhhhhhhhh...I see!!
So a loser at D&D then..?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Myste wrote:

This sounds right to me. In Patricia Kenneally's Keltiad series, a geis is sort of like a curse...but it can seem harmless at first. One of the characters has a geis laid on her that she must accept whatever food is offered to her. This is occasionally awkward, but she gets around it by accepting only tiny portions. The whammy shows up when the first geis conflicts with the second, which is that she can't eat one particular food. Some nasty person offers her a bite of the food she's forbidden to eat, and suddenly she has to break one geis to keep the other, and ends up sick as a dog for three weeks. ;)
That's taken pretty much directly from the Cuchullain myths; he was geis'd to never refuse hospitality in the form of food and also geis'd never to eat the meat of a dog...so a goddess disguised herself as an old woman and offered him dog meat by the side of the road...and he got cursed. Yay irish myths! :lol:
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Eew, dog meat! I think I have that geis on me, too! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”