What's up with the Kerry supporters still?

Archive From The 'Tank
Sheriff Lytton
Giantfriend

Post by Sheriff Lytton »

:faint:
"Nom"
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Since everyone else is off topic. :wink:

I have served in the executive branch of the federal government under four presidents now.

Believe me - Reagan is in the bottom half of the four. We had no direction at all from Washington when he was in office. It was like that administration was asleep at the wheel.

The best to serve under was Daddy Bush, believe it or not. Of the four, I am still amazed by his (or more likely his staff's) advanced planning skills. None of the other three could even hope to compete with him on that.

Clinton cut us to the bone, but he (or rather Gore) was probably the most "hands on" of the four. Gore came out personally a couple of times to reward us for innovative new programs we came up with that both served veterans and cut costs.

I will not speak of Sonny Bush, as he is my current boss. But the day he gets out of office, I will be happy to discuss him at length if anyone asks. :twisted:
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

oooooo

I can hardly wait.

Nice of Gore to give you all a pat on the back. That doesn't happen much any where.

:)

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

A busy topic indeed. dAN, if you're reading this, you should spend more time here and in the Close. ;)

Some good posts folks, and as always, I'm really pleased that we manage to keep it reasonably civil. :)

--A
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

You guys are slowly convincing me you haven't had a decent president since Lincoln. ;)
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

In truth, when we visited Mt. Rushmore a couple of years ago, my kids were asking me why in the world Teddy Roosevelt was up there with Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln. I told them it was because he was big into conservation and was a big mover behind starting the national parks system.

In truth, I suspect it was more of a cult of personality type of thing back when the mountain was carved, and my great grandkids would be asking the same question about Reagan or Clinton or any other twentieth century faces which might get carved up there someday. :wink:
Sheriff Lytton
Giantfriend

Post by Sheriff Lytton »

Of course, Clinton's face would be obscured by the rear view of Miss Lewinsky.
"Nom"
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Sheriff Lytton wrote:Of course, Clinton's face would be obscured by the rear view of Miss Lewinsky.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Sheriff Lytton wrote:Of course, Clinton's face would be obscured by the rear view of Miss Lewinsky.
Hah hah hah

She's moved on to other powerful male figures by now.

Heh heh heh

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P

Return to “Coercri”