How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Awake. I got up at 6 this morning, due to my bed and I having a disagreement as to where the sheets should be arranged. The bed, it seems, didn't want to have the sheets touching it. :P And then one of the under-the-bed-socks mauled my poor ankle. And now I'm dealing with a screwy shift key, a rabid plot bunny, and a thingy that installed itself in the browser or whatever and interrupts my typing and pops up windows when I'm working. See, see, it just did it! :screwy:

*runs off to kitchen to get orange juice* Wake up, you imbecile!!! :evil:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

time to get a firewall! 8) I'm pretty chipper, taking care of ze boyz and watering the garden...
fall far and well Pilots!
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I Am Not Turiya Foul wrote: and a thingy that installed itself in the browser or whatever and interrupts my typing and pops up windows when I'm working. See, see, it just did it! :screwy:
I'd try Ad-Aware for those popups:

www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-E ... ml?tag=pop

Then Spybot for anything Ad-Aware misses.
(It happens)

www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/ ... ml?tag=pop

Both are free and very good!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Just got home from the airport after seeing my older son off on the first leg of his trip to Europe. It should be a great time for him and his classmates. 8) They will be in Paris, then a beach resort in France (Biaritz- spelling?), then a small town in Spain (Pamplona), then Madrid, then home. 8)

As for me, the stress of the past few days (packing and seeing my son off are good stress, but still stress -- and we won't talk about the chevy truck's acrobatics on Friday as a source of stress :wink: ) has made me sick in the way too much stress usually does
Spoiler
nasty runs
, so I have called in sick to work, will take a bunch of benadryl to knock myself out in a few minutes, and hopefully will feel better after a lot of sleep. 8)
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

duchess,

Sweet! I'm going to England and France next June too, actually.

Sounds like a good time for your son.

I certainly hope my trip's good too.

:D
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I bet it will. 8) They will be landing tomorrow at about 8AM Paris time, and going straight to the Louve. We stopped off at a gas station on the way to the airport and got several 20 ounce Mountain Dews to pack in his carry on bag. :lol: :lol: :lol:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Stressed. This is finals week for my kids (you're right, that shouldn't stress me out, but they're teenagers -- if they're stressed, everybody around them is stressed!); the oldest graduates high school on Friday; on Saturday, I leave for a week of dealing with my 90-year-old mom (and I'm driving -- 13 hours up, 13 hours back); then the following week, my younger daughter leaves for Australia for two weeks. Aieeeeee.....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Feeling down; the French lady I had a date with has yet to reply to my email. :(
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

She's probably just busy. :) Don't give up hope yet. :)

Happy -- a book I have been waiting for for a long, long time just came in the mail, all the way from England. 8)

My son is on his way to a wonderful adventure. And I am feeling a bit better after a nap. 8)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, duchess. I can always rely upon your advice.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Made 88 on the science test!! Much better than I anticipated. Looks like I'll be passing science. This week and the next, and it'll be over in no time. Ah, I'm going to enjoy July. Will be going to Myrtle Beach.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Groggy. Could NOT get to sleep last night.....allergies were kicking my butt. Decided to call in around 5am. Finally fell asleep about 7:30 but only slept for about 4 hours.

Hubby has left to go get fast food, then it's feed the dogs, take a shower and go to bed for me!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I feel on top of the world! :D
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Feeling good. Just got a phone call about France. The kids are all having a great time, but they say its hot as hell in Paris today. 8)

Got a lot of sleep last night, and am feeling much less stressed out. :S :S :S

The estimates came back on the chevy. It's got more than $6000 in damage, primarily from the acrobatics it engaged in after my son hit the sign (the left side, where it eventually came to rest, is pretty much ruined). 8O 8O 8O Thank God for collision insurance, as I only have to pay $580. :faint:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Feeling pretty good after writing a long and very interesting (to me - the process of writing it was great) post over at SFFWorld.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Loremaster wrote:Feeling down; the French lady I had a date with has yet to reply to my email. :(
I'm feeling down too, because the person I bought something from on eBay hasn't replied to my email.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Foul wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Feeling down; the French lady I had a date with has yet to reply to my email. :(
I'm feeling down too, because the person I bought something from on eBay hasn't replied to my email.
Uh . . . . was that a joke????? :roll:
Worm of Despite
Lord

Nah, just trying to relate. E-mail and no reply part, I mean--except it's some person who I bought stuff from on eBay that's got me down.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ah okay.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Ironically, the person just replied to me. Apparently, he's a firefighter and works some crazy shifts. Ah, all's well then. I'm feeling better. Now, off I go to finish reading Sir Gawain!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”