5 Things You Hate Most and Why...

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Too much to name, I will follow Avalest's lead...
1. Idiots
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

dlbpharmed says:
Oh, you HAVE to salt watermelon down south, it's the law!
No, you do not! I do not, will not! Ruin a perfectly good watermelon. Humpf! I never! ;)

Cho says:
4. When the cat pukes up a hairball ON MY BED and I have to strip everything off my bed and wash it and remake the bed and then, the next day (or even the same day) the nasty little git hops up there and does the same thing.
But look at it this way, you get to have nice clean sheets everyday and that is certainly one of the nicer things in life!

1) People who have valid access to a handicap parking sticker but who take advantage of it. In other words, they one so they can take Grandma' to the grocery but they still park in handicap spaces even if they don't have Grandma'. They, of all people, should know better and at least if I do it, I risk getting the ticket.

2) Patients (or clients or customers or whatever!) who think they are special, who aren't.

3) Animal abuse. Self explanatory.

4) Alabama summer.

5) People who knock on my door to tell me about their politics, religion, ask for charitable donations or try to sell me something.
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

1. Stupidity. It frustrates me more when it slips out of me than it does when it slips out of other people, but it is almost always frustrating to some degree.
2. The phrase "get your education" coming from my mother. Yes, thank you, and for the millionth time, I believe that's what I'm doing.
3. Abusive people. Whether it's physical, emotional, whatever, it's all hateful.
4. Bad drivers.
5. Blanket statements. For instance: "All Muslims are terrorists." *grumbles angrily just thinking about that statement* This really falls under the "stupidity" heading, but I dislike these so much that I thought they were worth mentioning.
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Edge wrote:1) People who try to stop me adding salt to food with pitiful cries of, 'Taste it first! You don't know if it needs salt!'

If know it's not salty enough for me, if it was, you would find it inedible. I'm a sodium addict; deal with it. I even salt cheese. Yeah, you heard me.
We're soulmates, I swear.

We should make a thread in the Galley... "Things that are good with salt" I could get 10x my Mallory posts in that one thread in half the time.

*drool*

Pie and Cake
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The Leper Fairy wrote:
Edge wrote:1) People who try to stop me adding salt to food with pitiful cries of, 'Taste it first! You don't know if it needs salt!'

If know it's not salty enough for me, if it was, you would find it inedible. I'm a sodium addict; deal with it. I even salt cheese. Yeah, you heard me.

We should make a thread in the Galley... "Things that are good with salt" I could get 10x my Mallory posts in that one thread in half the time.

*drool*
Sounds good. I'm exactly the same way. I put so much salt on practically everything that lesser mortals say it can't be eaten. As a kid, I used to eat salt with a teaspoon. :D

Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

So much to choose from, as a grumpy old git! But let's see:

1. The Crazy Frog.
2. Adverts wherein the actors pretend to be a family before spouting off some rubbish about cheap car insurance, "biffidus digestivum", or similar.
3. Speed cameras.
4. People who come over all self-righteous about the above. Yes, speeding breaks the law - a law that was set 30 years ago, reflected the technology of the time, and as such is broken by more than half the population. This heading also includes drivers who deliberately hog the overtaking lane "because they're doing 70 and that's the legal limit".
5. Inconsiderate neighbours.

:evil:
...but in the morning, I will be sober
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

1. Old people
2. Women
3. fer'n'ers
4. blacks, hispanics, asians, and jews
5. bigotry

Ok, seriously
1. people who turn on their turn indicators after they're completely in the lane.
2. people who don't understand the whole "yield" concept
3. people who take up more than one parking space because their level of parking aptitude is not commensurate with the size of their vehicle.
4. people that don't lift up the seat or flush (or public restrooms in general, your pick)
5. the loud and the oblivious
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

dlbpharmed says:
Quote:

No, you do not! I do not, will not! Ruin a perfectly good watermelon. Humpf! I never!
I bet you don't salt apples either, do you? HUH? DO YOU? What kind of a southerner are you? ;)
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

1. AIDS

2. Prejudice/Bigotry

3. Persecution

4. Abuse of any kind

5. Hatred

Those are only 5...

6. Gluttony/Greed

7. Politics/Governments who put money instead of people first

8. Terrorism

9. Hunger in a world rich in resources (There is no reason any person in this world to go hungry)

10. Slavery
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Gart wrote:4. People who come over all self-righteous about the above. Yes, speeding breaks the law - a law that was set 30 years ago, reflected the technology of the time, and as such is broken by more than half the population. This heading also includes drivers who deliberately hog the overtaking lane "because they're doing 70 and that's the legal limit".
So you've met my mum then? My mum doesn't hog the overtaking lane, but she balances that shortcoming by driving at least 5 mph below every speed limit. I keep telling her she'd fail her driving test for doing that, but she won't listen.

As for this whole salt issue... Generally, the only thing I salt is salad (or fish and chips, but that goes without saying). Lettuce and tomato taste so much better salty. The rest of the time, salt just makes things taste like salf, and paves the old arteries to boot.
Furls Fire wrote:5. Hatred
Being a pedant, I had to point this out. You've listed hatred in a thread called "Five things you hate most and why"? :P :lol:

Oh, and as an aside, I just saw this at the bottom of an Ebay listing:
This translation is provided as a service. eBay cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Ocoee, FL
United States
:lol: Conclusive proof that Americans don't speak English ;)

Some things I'm hating at the moment:

1) The National Health Service. 18 months for a referral?! Bugger off!
2) Heat. I don't do heat. For some reason, I'm very sensitive to temperature, and heat is the worse of the two extremes for me.
3) Cost of living in the East Midlands. It's almost impossible to find somewhere to live round here, because it's all so bloody expensive.
4) Ignorant arrogance. I can (with an effort) tolerate arrogance if it's justified, but people who are arrogant about some quality they don't possess is extremely irritating.
5) Hunger. No, I don't mean poverty. I mean me being hungry and unable to eat.
Last edited by CovenantJr on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The Leper Fairy wrote:

*drool*
Sounds good. I'm exactly the same way. I put so much salt on practically everything that lesser mortals say it can't be eaten. As a kid, I used to eat salt with a teaspoon. :D

That stuff'll kill you, you know.
www.salt.gov.uk/
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

1) Racists
2) Hypocrites
3) The French
4) People who start lists but don't finish them
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Nathan wrote: 4) People who start lists but don't finish them
Ho ho! :lol:
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

dlbpharmd wrote:
dlbpharmed says:
Quote:

No, you do not! I do not, will not! Ruin a perfectly good watermelon. Humpf! I never!
I bet you don't salt apples either, do you? HUH? DO YOU? What kind of a southerner are you? ;)
:lol: Actually, I DO put salt on apples. And, nothing beats a tomato fresh off the vine, sitting on the porch with the salt shaker, making a big mess......yummy!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

"There are two things in the world I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures...And the Dutch." - Nigel Powers
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I hate Presidential press conferences that pre-empt Jeopardy! :x

What else? :?
Clowns
Mean people
People who talk on cell phones in restaurants or theaters
Ice cream van music (and elevator music)
People who never stop "tinking" there spoons against the sides of their ice-tea glasses (or coffee cups)

oh, yeah, and I extremely dislike Dick Cheney :-x
fall far and well Pilots!
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

HOW ON EARTH COULD I HAVE EVER FORGOTTEN HOW MUCH I HATE.....

MIMES

Not *all* mimes.
Just the evil ones.
Oh, and they know which ones they are too.
Like you, there!
I see you.
Hiding in a hastily constructed box won't save you my dichromatic friend...
:bang:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Murrin wrote:That stuff'll kill you, you know.
www.salt.gov.uk/
*shuts eyes, covers ears, and hums loudly*

:3M:

Pie and Cake
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

onewyteduck wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:
dlbpharmed says:
Quote:

:lol: Actually, I DO put salt on apples. And, nothing beats a tomato fresh off the vine, sitting on the porch with the salt shaker, making a big mess......yummy!
Salted fresh tomatoes are the best. thing. ever. Frankly, being a Northerner (I'm NOT a Yankee, in spite of my addy--I'm from WA State originally) I find the idea of a-salting watermelons and apples a little weird...but I have nothing but respect for the South, because you folks invented deepfried macaroni and cheese. And deepfried pickles. The only person who will have a chair closer to Jesus in heaven is the Brit who invented deepfried chocolate bars.

As for the 5 things I hate:
#1. Not knowing where my August rent is going to come from
#2. Having to lie about actually wanting a job. I don't want a job. I never want to work again in my life. But I have to pretend that I really, really want some crap job for some crap company, so that I don't have to deal with #1 any more.
#3. People who take the credit for other people's ideas, especially plagiarists.
#4. Loud bangs outside my window that are probably just fireworks.
#5. Idiots. ;)
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Murrin wrote: That stuff'll kill you, you know.
www.salt.gov.uk/
Funny story, when I was younger, my total addiction to salt gave my family some concern, to the point where I was forbidden from eating it, and it was no longer on the table. Some time later, I started to get "fainting spells", and went to the doctor. Taking my blood pressure, the doctor expressed surprise that I was even upright, and suggested I increase my salt intake.

So There! ;)

Myste-- I totally sympathise with point 2.

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”