When do posts about Runes stop becoming spoilers?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

When are posts about Runes stop becoming spoilers?

Now, the book has been out long enough.
42%
When the next book in the series appears.
42%
When the third chronicles is complete.
16%

Total votes: 64

oconnellc
Servant of the Land

When do posts about Runes stop becoming spoilers?

Post by oconnellc »

I mean, a post that mentions how LFB ends isn't a spoiler. How long does it have to be out before talking about it isn't 'spoiling' it?
You never miss cheese until it's gone.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Excellent question - I voted for when the next book comes out.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I vote for when the guy who owns the board and is a very busy grad student gets a chance to finish reading it -- or when the next book comes out, whichever happens last. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

duchess of malfi wrote:I vote for when the guy who owns the board and is a very busy grad student gets a chance to finish reading it -- or when the next book comes out, whichever happens last. :)
I agree. I bet next book is out BEFORE Jay finishes!! :lol:
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

duchess of malfi wrote:I vote for when the guy who owns the board and is a very busy grad student gets a chance to finish reading it -- or when the next book comes out, whichever happens last. :)
Agreed.
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

come on Jay your holding everybody up :wink:
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...

Post by Guest »

if you have'nt finished reading runes before the next one comes out you'd had better be busy discovering a cure for cancer.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Everything is a spoiler to anybody who hasn't read it yet, that's why there is a separate forum for Runes related discussion.

If you enter it without having finished the book, you should know that there will be spoilers. Same should remain true always.

--A
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

It's not quite a cure for cancer, but it's still kinda nifty.

And Jay's not the only one here who hasn't had a chance to finish the book. It makes a certain kind of sense to wait until the next book comes out, unless that turns out to be some disgustingly long number of years.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

No, Jay is certainly not the only person who hasn't had a chance to read or finish it yet. :)

The book hasn't even been out a year yet, and as far as I know, it hasn't yet been released in mass market paperback, which is when a lot of people purchase books, as so much money is saved with a paperback as opposed to a hardcover. :)
Love as thou wilt.

ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

Hmmm....perhaps we need a "Post Your Name Here If You Have Not Finished Runes" thread.
Then we can ban those members from the Runes forum! :twisted:
Spoiler problem solved. ;)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want
to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

Excerpt from Animal Songs Never Written
"Hey, dad," croaked the vulture, "what are you eating?"
"Carrion, my wayward son."
"Will there be pieces when you are done?"
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

'Runes' should obviously receive the same 'period of grace' the other books did.

So: in 20 years time, you can stop worrying about spoilers. ;)
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh...thanks for the support.

Cure Cancer? Heh. So I need to either spend all of my time reading Runes or Curing Cancer? Talk about pressure. I guess no one really appreciates research in the field of "A conceptual comparison of artificial neural networks with statistical regressive models like ARMA and systems of partial differential equations solved by either analytical or numerical models as methods of modeling solutions to environmental and hydrological time-series systems" anymore. Heh.

By the way, here is the current update on my Runes progress. I'm currently on page 246. Since I started reading the day it came out, that puts my reading speed at an approximate 0.9 pages per day! Yee-haw! Almost a full page! Blazing speed!

And now, the contest that everyone has been following:

Heh.

But yeah, back on topic. I don't see any harm in just keeping the Runes spoilers in the Runes forum. I guess we could wait until the next book comes out, and then decide how we want to go from there. But really, I don't expect to be reading Runes that long...heh. I'm determined to finish this summer.

I don't know why it's taking me so long to read Runes. I know I'm a slow reader, but I've never been THIS slow. I mean, I read the entire Gap series over one summer. The first two Covenant trilogies only took me a year or so. But for some reason Runes just isn't clicking.-jay
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Your new avatar's even better than the last one! :LOLS:
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I haven't even started Runes yet, so I shall no doubt be the last Watcher to finish. Am waiting for the paperback.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Edinburghemma from Afar wrote:I haven't even started Runes yet, so I shall no doubt be the last Watcher to finish. Am waiting for the paperback.
No, bet you beat Jay ;)
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

Hmmm...so, should we start a pool for when jay will finish?
I'm guessing 2007, just before the release or FR. ;)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want
to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

Excerpt from Animal Songs Never Written
"Hey, dad," croaked the vulture, "what are you eating?"
"Carrion, my wayward son."
"Will there be pieces when you are done?"
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

I consider Runes to be part 1 of a big 4 part story, so I dont think we should have Last Chronicles spoilers in this forum.

Lets keep this part of the forum for 1st and 2nd Chronicles discussions. Maybe we could create another forum for ALL the Chronicles and allow spoiler discussions in that?
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

I vote for none of the above - I think when the first book comes out in paperback (i.e. generally available to a mass market) spoilers are no longer spoilers. Anyone who hasn't read the book by then shouldn't be reading the thread period.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I vote with duke. Give it a week or two after Runes is out in paperback, so folks who can't afford the hardback can finish it -- after that, Jay's just out o' luck. :D

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”