How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

<hands Darth a blank cheque>
Happy Birthday!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

Hey Darth....you might want to take a close look at that check....I think I smell rubber. ;)

Happy Birthday, though. I hope you do get your cheque.
But just in case you don't, try to get 1 million people to give you a pound each. That ought to do it. :D

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want
to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

Excerpt from Animal Songs Never Written
"Hey, dad," croaked the vulture, "what are you eating?"
"Carrion, my wayward son."
"Will there be pieces when you are done?"
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:letsparty: Happy birthday Darth!!!! May you get (almost) everything you wish for! 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Alan, have you thought about a gift of pampering? A gift certificate for a therapeutic massage or a treatment at a day spa?

Or just offering to have "her" night, where you go to the restaurant she wants to go, and go to the movie or show she wants to see? Give her small gifts of chocolates (if she likes them?) or flowers (as long as she doesn't have allergies?) along the way as the night goes on? Maybe go listen to some romantic jazz (if she likes it?) to cap off the evening, with a bit of cuddling and slow dancing (if she's into that?)? Sometimes (quite often really) just giving a woman your undivided time and attention can be all the present she really wants or needs from you.

It's just that jewelry and clothing items can be very personal, and it can be very hard to pick out just the right ones sometimes. :?

Darth -- Happy Birthday!!!!! May the coming year be the best you've ever had!! :D :D :D |G |G |G |G

ps. Alan -- If you do wish to get her some butterfly jewelry, how about just taking her to the store and letting her pick it out? That way you know she'll be happy with it. :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I really didn't expect any, and some has been helpful. Particular thanks to ur-bane for the detail and thought that went into that advice.
duchess of malfi wrote:ps. Alan -- If you do wish to get her some butterfly jewelry, how about just taking her to the store and letting her pick it out? That way you know she'll be happy with it. :wink:
I've considered it. But I've surreptitiously discovered that would be "unromantic" :roll: Tch, women ;)

Happy birthday, Darth. I'd give you a million pounds, but I want it.
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

CovenantJr wrote:
duchess of malfi wrote:ps. Alan -- If you do wish to get her some butterfly jewelry, how about just taking her to the store and letting her pick it out? That way you know she'll be happy with it. :wink:
I've considered it. But I've surreptitiously discovered that would be "unromantic" :roll: Tch, women ;)
I would tend to agree with duchess here, CJ. It can be romantic if you make it part of the birthday experience.

Perhaps take her out to dinner to a nice quiet restaurant near a small town shopping district...somewhere you can walk together after the meal... Give flowers to the waiter/waitress to bring out during the meal. You may be able to persuade them to play her favorite song during the meal. If they do, and it's a song you can slow dance to, ask her right then and there in the middle of the restaurant to dance. Dance until the song is over and then resume the meal.

Make sure you go to dinner early enough that the shops are still open when you are finished. Stroll along the walk and bring her to the jewelry store to choose her gift......

Something like that. And, as long as you are near an area like what I said above, you're set. ;)

--Abraham Lincoln

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I wanna go out with ur-bane...;)

Sometimes a total shocker of a gift is good, too. My bf has this habit of giving me gifts that I never really expect to get...last year, he took me to this gorgeous old-fashioned sea-side hotel--long wooden porch, rocking chairs, lace curtains, afternoon tea, the works--that I had been dreaming of for a while. I'd mentioned it to him once as a place where I'd love to go when I'm old and have some money saved up (it's very chi-chi). On my birthday last year, we got into the car, and he didn't tell me where we going. It wasn't until 2 hours later, when we actually pulled into the driveway of the hotel, that I guessed what he was doing. And even then, I figured we were just going to have dinner in the restaurant. Then he checked us in. Room with a view & everythinng. :D It was perfect.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

ur-bane does sound like a dreamboat, doesn't he? :D

I'm close enough to my vacation now I can almost taste it. 12 work shifts + 3 hours (days off and time not at work do not count in the tally :wink: )

It's coming just in time, too -- I feel generally tired and a more than a bit burned out right now. A week on the beach and then some time with wonderful and kind people like Fisty and Danlo sounds like heaven right now. Image
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

ilps.science.uva.nl/cgi-bin/livejournal/mood
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

I feel pretty darned tired today. I had to get up at 4AM to be in Decatur, IL this morning to teach a safety class. Also, with the remnants of Dennis still hanging here my arthritis is playing fits with me.

ALSO, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY you young Sith Lord Darth, you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep waiting for that checque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Happy birthday, Darth.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Mainly tired today. Work this week has been rough. High patient census and the baby docs (freshly graduated from medical school) are amongst us, and every year its a struggle to try to break them in. :drevil:

Don't ever be admitted to a hospital in July if you can help it -- the new docs are practicing their medicine. :P

Someone remind me to take off the entire month of July next year. :D 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Don't forget to take off the entire month of July next year. :)
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Though it is 3.40am here, I feel pretty good; just delivered a baby over the phone.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

Loremaster wrote:Though it is 3.40am here, I feel pretty good; just delivered a baby over the phone.
That's pretty cool! I'm hungry...could you deliver me some food over the phone? ;)

Seriously..good job. I don't think I could figure out how to fit the baby into the handset.

--Abraham Lincoln

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

ur-bane wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Though it is 3.40am here, I feel pretty good; just delivered a baby over the phone.
That's pretty cool! I'm hungry...could you deliver me some food over the phone? ;)

Seriously..good job. I don't think I could figure out how to fit the baby into the handset.
LOL
Delivered as in provided instructions over the phone, you git ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Good job, Loremaster!!! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thankyou! :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

(delivering a baby under the phone is more comfortable for the woman, not to mention the baby!)
fall far and well Pilots!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

LOL

Return to “General Discussion Forum”