Pantheon 1.0 - GAME OVER

Moderator: Xar

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Amplarx wrote:
A wizard named Bethel Junel, a follower of Amplarx, has been creating many new spells based on the teachings of honour and protection, and offering to teach them only to those who worship Amplarx; he is bringing in a good flow of converts.

Unfortunately, selfishly hoarding knowledge is dishonourable, so at the advice of Avatar, Nathaniel has been sent to teach Bethel Junel the error of his ways, and make the knowledge available to all via an academy Avatar will have constructed for the purpose of spreading Honour and Protection related knowledge, and indeed any other available knowledge.
Honour before Victory
In Honour of Amplarx's willingness to freely share the knowledge of his followers, I have dispatched a ranking Cleric to the southern continent in order to begin work on the Academy of Honour and Protection, where the Knowledge of Amplarx's followers will be codified and shared for the greater good of all.

The spellbook of Bethel Junel will be enshrined at it's centre as testament to the value of Knowledge shared.

Let Amplarx's name be revered wherever people gather in Honour of Knowledge.

Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Argothoth has dispatched a servant to deal with a dark necromancer who took it upon himself to raise the corpses of Amplarx's followers for his own uses.
Argothoth is honourable and good! Let his name be praised!
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Thanks Amplarx,
It was my duty to deal with that necromancer!
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)

Post by Avatar »

In keeping with my sacred duty to bring knowledge into the hearts and minds of all, and with the gracious permission of the various Deities, I have ordered a leading Cleric to journey to the newly founded city of Ai-Bhakti in order to assist in the compilation of the Codex of Bhakti, and to found a Library which will house it.

At the same time, an expert in matters of the Undead will carry a powerful Grimoire, gift of Argothoth, to join his followers searching for the location of Ai-Argoth, where , when the city is built, he will found a centre of Undead learning in which to enshrine the Grimoire, and from where to share the Knowledge that will improve their existence.

Let all know that Knoweldge is being served.

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Turn 3 is over. The deadline for turn 4 is Wednesday, 12 am GMT.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Xar wrote:One of your worshipers, Ermain, pretends to be one of Amplarx's worshipers and preaches in the attempt to gain more worshipers from you, stealing them from Amplarx.
Some of my followers are less Loving than others. There is as little Love in false representation as there is Honor. I will put an end to this immediately.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Pantheon

Post by Bhakti »

Xar wrote:Elauradaneth, Goddess of Beauty, Healing and Majick
Divine Rank 1
Total Worshipers: 0
Dogma: Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, and those beholden to their Goddess shall have unlimited beer. Find healing at the bottom of a pint glass and let the Majick within give you the power to be everything you’ve imagined.
Ah, our beautiful sister arrives. You know, my dear, the terms "sister" and "brother" are not truly accurate between we members of this Divine pantheon. For example, relations between you and I would not, in any way, be an act of incest. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Ah, I see your tankard is empty. Allow me...
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Movahl
Servant of the Land

Post by Movahl »

Welcome Elauradaneth, it is pleasure to make your aquaintance. May your worshippers multiply on the earth and bring joy to your heart.

Let me know if anyone wrongs you, dear sister - writing wrongs, both old and new, is my specialty after all.
Those who are as nothing shall be raised above all others.

Post by Avatar »

Deep in the furthest reaches of the Temple of Knowledge in the Northern Kingdom, a studious Cleric bends her full attention to the tome that was the current focus of her work.

Suddenly, the door to her unassuming apartments shudders under the knock of a determined and urgent visitor, almost upsetting her inkwell.

Slightly exasperated, she opens the door to find a Temple messenger just raising his fist to make a new assault.

"Yes?" She speaks with some irritation.

"Lady," the messenger replies, "The Prophet requests that you gather your books and instruments with all haste. Your Knowledge is required urgently."

Confused, she nonetheless begins casting her eyes about the apartment.

"What's happening?"

"The God has told the Prophet that children in the city of Ai-Bhakti are being born deformed, and nobody yet knows why. The God has promised Bhakti that our foremost expert on pregnancy and childbirth will be sent without delay to study this problem, and attempt aid and succour to his followers. You are that expert, are you not?"

"Don't just stand there! Pass me that satchel! That book. And that one. Hurry man."

Leaving the messenger to close the door behind her, she rushes out, bound for Ai-Bhakti, and the Library in progress, where she can both help and learn.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

A small village in the northern part of the world grows in malice and power, until in the next months it attracts mercenaries and creatures of darkness, which then start marching against nearby villages. From the fearful whispers of the horrified survivors, only one thing can be understood: Nephirthos, god of malice and chaos, has risen.
The unconscionable acts of Nephirthos' followers are a source of great grief for Maeror. To those survivors of the attacks he would offer support and healing, and the strength to endure the pain inflicted upon them by these dark worshippers of malice.
The Lord of Tears considers the pain of these innocent victims worth immediate attention, and so will assign to the comfort of such the divine rank point for this turn, setting aside lesser considerations for a short while.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Bhakti wrote:
Xar wrote:One of your worshipers, Ermain, pretends to be one of Amplarx's worshipers and preaches in the attempt to gain more worshipers from you, stealing them from Amplarx.
Some of my followers are less Loving than others. There is as little Love in false representation as there is Honor. I will put an end to this immediately.
Thank you, I am in your debt!
Bethel Junel refuses to share his spells, claiming that they are his to do with as he chooses, and that if Amplarx does not like his behaviour, then he will turn to another deity who might be more accepting.
Bethel Junel is no longer a follower of mine, if he refuses to share his spells then he is honourless in my eyes. Let it be known that anything he does from this point onward is non-representative of me or my true followers.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Bethel Junel is welcome to bring his skills to L'im Verthackas.
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Hail to All Deities!
I would like to precise that no one of my followers would animate dead followers of any god. it seems to my eyes that another evil necromancer is doing that blasphemy. I will make him stop such heinous actions!

I would like to say , in addiction, that you are free to act however you wish against those evil beings, infact be an undead does not mean one is my follower. I invite all who want to stop those creature to join my actions against them.

Best regards,
Argothoth
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

The city of Darkmoon is formed in the north. Small band of men, filled with malice, go to attack and convert others. Mages start work on devising malice spells. The other followers begin to develop weapons for war, and food is being gathered. Their attention turns to L’im Verthackas
(I hope this is alright... I hope I didn't go OTT :wink: )
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Let me get this straight. Some upstart with no name, no dominion, no followers, and even no creed is making a move of unchecked aggression against my subjects? Excuse me while I go have a good laugh.
-E. Gibbon
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Verdego wrote:
The city of Darkmoon is formed in the north. Small band of men, filled with malice, go to attack and convert others. Mages start work on devising malice spells. The other followers begin to develop weapons for war, and food is being gathered. Their attention turns to L’im Verthackas
(I hope this is alright... I hope I didn't go OTT :wink: )
Well, technically you can give your followers nudges, but then it's up to them whether - or how - to follow them. So you may order them to build the city, or to prepare for war; how they do that is up to them. Their response might surprise you ;) Remember, you're a god, but you don't have complete control of your worshipers: they aren't puppets. But they CAN be fanatical ;)

I take it you'll focus on the founding of a city and center of power for this turn?
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Oh, you're the owner of that city. In the first post(where it says the deities), it didn't say who that city belonged too, like the other two had mentioned which deity owned them. I thought of it as just a random place which was just build and up for attack. My bad.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

It takes a while to learn the ropes. No harm, no foul.
-E. Gibbon
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

the cold air blew over Potenza's head, and as he felt the chill bite in to his bones he drew his cloak around him and steeled his vision to the north. Thick fog swirled around the tall masts and the carved wooden figurehead at the prow of the ship seemed as eager to reach the revalations that the dawn would bring as he did. as sinewy sailors rushed about performing their neccessary tasks he stomped his feet on deck to warm the blood in his viens. suddenly, a gust of wind parted the fog briefly and....and...had he seen it? three nights anticipation might be playing tricks with his mind. could he be sure? then, as the wind persisted the first caress of the morning sun revealed it unmistakenly. Slowly, silently, the sun's rays moved down the golden spires of the distant building. there, in all its glory stood The Great House of Justice built in Ordaine Naturale's name and open to all. built entirely of white marble, except for the three 50 foot solid gold spires that rose up to the heavans, it stood between two vast cliffs and faced the ocean with an unsurpassed majesty.

the busy shipping lanes of the southern seas would surely lead all who require fairness to the steps of The Great House. come one come all.
this is my devine vision. i wish to encourage my followers and all others to help me in this endevour. this will not simply be a place to judge others, it will be a place to learn the laws that we live by and the history of these laws. i also forsee a time when we Gods can meet in our physical forms in the Great Hall of Justice to discuss the fate of a our bretheren at times when limits or punishment must be dealt out among us. i, therefore, see no reason why all deities cannot revel in this wonderment.
Last edited by Marv on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

I have instructed Raphael to begin training volunteers from my worshippers as warriors, in order to protect the weak and helpless.

Specifically, this fighting force is being formed in order to oppose Nephirthos' followers, who seem to be devoting themselves to causing grief and strife for the innocent. There is no honour in such things, so they must be opposed, and the innocent must be protected.

Return to “Pantheon”