KW ANTHOLOGY II: CONTRIBUTOR'S GUIDE

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I think that's exactly what VS tried to address... that if we want the Anthology out for Christmas, the selection team needs submissions in a steady stream, so they can work continuously, not en masse, swamping them down...
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Yes, I understand that, I just don't think it will change when the submissions will come in. People have been working to a deadline, and I can't see that with only a month left, asking to not have the bulk of submissions sent around the time of the deadline will be very effective.

I plan to submit one week before the deadline. I am working full time over the summer as well as training every day, and various other activities. I know most of the other contributors work as well. The point is, I--and I suspect the majority of contributors--have a very limited amount of time to work on my submission. When the deadline was first set, I had already planned for this, and the progression of my submission reflects the time I have been able to spend on it. My submission will be ready no sooner than one week before the deadline.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've gone through two edits of my story and plan for two more. I should have it finished by the end of the week.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

help someone. I have clicked where I am supposed to mail my entry, and nothing happened. having the worlds slowest computer may be a problem. is anyone willing to submit for me if I mail it to them. thank you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

*shrug* If you need me to, I'll be happy to.

But first just try opening your e-mail, composing a new mail, typing the e-mail address for submissions into the "To:" field, attaching your submission and sending it.

If it doesn't work that way, (which it should), send it to me and I'll send it on, no problems.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i'm going to have julie try it from work first, thanks.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Aieee, you want it *sooner*??? :crazy:

I finished the first draft on one story, thought maybe it wouldn't suit; wrote a first draft on another story, which is actually a sequel to a novel I wrote years ago and, by rights, probably ought to be a novel in and of itself. Now I'm thinking the second one is going to be too long for the anthology. It's over 10,000 words now, and I've gotta go back and add a bunch of stuff. Sigh.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure this is the most fiction writing I've done since grad school. It feels great!

I have to haul Batsutousai back to college this weekend, but maybe one night this week I'll have time to read both stories and re-evaluate. Or one night next week. But soon.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i have submitted and now dread the mail. as the editors savage my beautiful words. demanding I write stories, with plot and characters. and meaning, or even an >shudder< arc.

so instead of that i submitted some purty poems.

i should have submitted the Nurse instead. are we allowed another chance?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

You can submit a story as well if you choose.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I just sent mine it....please let me know if it is received or not (a PM will be fines, or post here) thank you
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”