The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

GOOD turns thus far. I was rather sad about this guy though:
While the Winds was decelerating for a close-orbital scan, it detected a signal. It responded, and the corvette immediately began communicating with an artificial intelligence, Substrate Prime. The machine intelligence is all that remained of the Siiniisiilil (the extinct species), and it asks that we destroy it.
The crew attempted to argue with it, asking that it 'live'. Unfortunately, it was all for nought. The machine mind insisted that it be destroyed, and so the corvette targeted the array where it resides and destroyed it from high orbit with it's kinetic lances.
Poor thing. I wish it would have lived, that would've rocked. :(
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Updated the History. Also, lemme know if you guys like the new ordering system. I thought it'd make things easier to understand.

As always, whatever you want included, PM me.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

It's excellent.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I was just thinking, perhaps it would be a good idea to have wto game threads, one for roleplaying and writing events, and another for the conversations etc. I oly ask as i wish to write some of the happenings of this turn out in story context, but dont want to disrupt the current conversation in the game thread
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:I was just thinking, perhaps it would be a good idea to have wto game threads, one for roleplaying and writing events, and another for the conversations etc. I oly ask as i wish to write some of the happenings of this turn out in story context, but dont want to disrupt the current conversation in the game thread
Good idea. What does everyone else think?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

If it were possible not to, I think it would be best to avoid this. The game by itself already has several threads devoted to it, and adding additional threads would only confuse players and clutter the forum, I think.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've edited the title of this thread to cover rules and general discussion.

I have also added a new type of warship, the Warden-Class. Basically, it's a superb defender. Although you wouldn't use it to attack - just to defend systems.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

I like keeping the stories in the game thread. Especially because I'm planning on having some narrtive ON what's happening IC.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

I'm non-plussed either way. It seems like a good idea, but too many threads leads to clutter. Clutter leads to chaos. Chaos leads to anarchy. Anarchy leads to destruction. Thus, an extra thread could very well lead to the downfall of society. Not that I'm against that - but it might mean the game is put on hold for awhile as a result of revolution.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Erkirithi-Sha wrote:I'm non-plussed either way. It seems like a good idea, but too many threads leads to clutter. Clutter leads to chaos. Chaos leads to anarchy. Anarchy leads to destruction. Thus, an extra thread could very well lead to the downfall of society. Not that I'm against that - but it might mean the game is put on hold for awhile as a result of revolution.

:haha:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

Balon,

You have a new avatar too????
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Orion wrote:Balon,

You have a new avatar too????
Word. :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Is there any way to change pollution from industry, other than just to use "counter pollution" every second turn?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Is there any way to change pollution from industry, other than just to use "counter pollution" every second turn?
Research.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote:
Murrin wrote:Is there any way to change pollution from industry, other than just to use "counter pollution" every second turn?
Research.
Which I will eventually be able to afford. ;)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Most of the orders have been sent, so I am starting turn processing now.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You'll get mine during the day.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote:You'll get mine during the day.

--A
Don't worry - your planet exploded. ;)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A

Return to “Empires”