Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Xar wrote: I'm not sure yet, it depends what he finds there ;) you can be sure that if he destroys Eiran, you'll know :P
Ohh great. Another vague answer from our misty-leader. :P
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Lucimay said she's way too busy to be ready for a deadline of the 20th. Since Xar needs to recover a bit (I can just see him, passed out on the floor in a puddle of sweat, dice scattered all around, fevered mutterings... :lol:), we may as well wait until the 27th. Others still haven't said anything, but some are likely in Lucimay's boat.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Bhakti wrote:Since Xar needs to recover a bit (I can just see him, passed out on the floor in a puddle of sweat, dice scattered all around, fevered mutterings... :lol:), we may as well wait until the 27th.
:lol:

This isn't quite what I visualized when I said I suspected Xar had a life outside of the Watch, and thus would want a longer break between processing, but it's as good a visualization as any.

And who knows what all may develop on the Game thread (if Vadhaka doesn't destroy us all by entering the mists) in that week and a half? Submittals could change depending on what all is said. If it would take a couple of weeks for Xar to process them from a Saturday submittal, I would hate for the Game thread to go dead for so long like it tends to do while we awaited results.

...any word on the Contest results, Xar?
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Any date is fine by me. I have to submit early anyway. :twisted:
Death To All Fanatics!
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Menolly wrote:
I would hate for the Game thread to go dead for so long like it tends to do while we awaited results.
I agree. I hate it when the threads go dead for the last five days or so while we wait for results.

Funny, we haven't seen AK. 8O
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Jove wrote:Menolly wrote:
I would hate for the Game thread to go dead for so long like it tends to do while we awaited results.
I agree. I hate it when the threads go dead for the last five days or so while we wait for results.

Funny, we haven't seen AK. 8O
I believe his player said over in Gen Dis that he has a lot of traveling the next week or so...
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Murrin wrote:Luci, do you not keep track of your numbers? You had 33,000 followers last turn; now you have half that number (exactly half the number).
no. what are YOU doing keeping track of my numbers? :P :lol:

(just teasin')

i save my turns results in a file. i write my story in another file.
creator calculated my people out for me once, with which percentages were warriors and what percentage was just regular people and stuff
like that. but i didn't keep track of it. i don't know how to work those
programs that do that (namely excel, i think).
so..anyway...no. i sorta don't keep track. :oops:

ITS MY FIRST TIME PLAYING A RPG OKAY!!! :P i'm still learning. :crazy:

oh and you can all feggitabout me having my turn in this coming saturday the 20th. strictly dreaming on me getting all my damn homework done, much less fun stuff like story writing, and turn writing, and poetry writing, and critiquing for Writer's Circle and Pantheon turns. strictly freakin dreamin. not the way I procrastinate. *snort* :lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I vote the 27th too, as I'd like to get a proper turn in this go, and I need time to persuade all of you to give me all your DRP!

:biggrin:
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Xar wrote:The clock's ticking, people... deadline to stop him is Friday, 1 pm GMT time.
AllFather, is it possible to make the deadline later in the day? 1:00 pm GMT is only 9:00 am EDT and even earlier in the rest of the States. Just in case anyone needs to wait until the absolute last minute to make up their minds, it may be difficult that early in the morning for some players.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

If we can't talk him into or out of something by then, what's the difference. Heh.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Well...

I know his player is usually AFK for the weekend by then.

But...

*shrug*

...in case anyone here in the States, oh...say in Washington state for example, makes a last minute decision to spend DRP one way or another on this, if they sign on after 6:00 am PDT on Friday morning, they'll be too late.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Too bad. :D

If they do it after then, I won't know about it so won't be able to combat it. Scarcely fair huh? ;)

In fact, I'd prefer it an hour earlier just for the insurance that I'll have the chance to respond.

Anyway, the 27th works for me. I gotta submit my actions in the mist by Friday then results of that are usually mid-turn as I understand it.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Sorry, Vadhaka. I did not realize you needed to know of how many may decide to oppose you before turning in your action. I assumed you would not be informed.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Anyone care to link me to the Prophecy?

I can't find the darn thing.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

"When three are born of divine blood
Under moonshadow, and amber glows
On all the lands, death is denied
And from the snow, a blood-red rose
Is born to herald a coming storm

When weeping desert heeds the call
And what once was has never been
Alone in darkness, a child will cry
Bereft of life, love, lore and kin
And at his cry, the land will fall

Beneath the ocean's silent waves
Beneath the rolling haze's song
And all that was and could have been
Will lay at last where does belong
Whether on pedestals or quiet graves."
--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Where exactly did that come from, anyway? I've seen people reference it, but other than the 'translation' in the image thread I don't think it's ever actually been publicly revealed in an in-game sense.
From the number of times I've seen peole post "what prophecy?", it looks like most people just were told by others; I have no idea what the original (in-game) source of it was.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

As far as I know, I am the original in-game source. The prophecy was vouchsafed to one of my followers in Turn 21.
Death To All Fanatics!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ah. Good to finally know--the earliest reference I could find was Simjen saying "but according to the prophecy", and no explanations anywhere.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

In the Game summary it says
The AllFather wrote: Elsewhere, a thing shook in its slumber, ever closer to awakening; and an unsettling poem echoed in the mind of a lowly priest.
...and...
The AllFather wrote: Yet even though not all was lost, and the goddess Norn succeeded in closing the portal that had allowed Nephirthos into the world, two more verses of the End Times prophecy came to pass...
The first was the only reference I knew of it, until the dagger image appeared. And I wound up filling a part of it the very next Turn after it was vouchsafed to Vadhaka's priest, but at that point I knew nothing of it, as the mention in the Game summary flew right past me, and I didn't think of OGC as a desert deity (not that I had seen the prophecy prior to that move anyway)...

When the second mention appeared, I asked for and received an explanation of what and what has not been fulfilled. As far as I know, I believe the explanation I received is still current.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

"When three are born of divine blood
Under moonshadow, and amber glows
On all the lands, death is denied
And from the snow, a blood-red rose
Is born to herald a coming storm

When weeping desert heeds the call
And what once was has never been
Alone in darkness, a child will cry
Bereft of life, love, lore and kin
And at his cry, the land will fall

Beneath the ocean's silent waves
Beneath the rolling haze's song
And all that was and could have been
Will lay at last where does belong
Whether on pedestals or quiet graves."
Oh that prophecy! I was trying to figure out how When the Jews return to Zion, and a comet rips the sky... fits into all this.

Return to “Pantheon”