KEVINSWATCH ANTHOLOGY 4: BEGINS

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

KEVINSWATCH ANTHOLOGY 4: BEGINS

Post by aTOMiC »

Guys. First of all I want to thank you all for your continued support and participation for the KW Anthologies. We've produced some wonderful books with some truly impressive work by a variety of authors and artists that we thank for their contributions. To the submission committee members we doubly thank you for your...well...thankless job. To Joy Calderwood (dragonlilly) we are forever in your debt for your tireless editing work on the three previous volumes.

Well it's time to get moving on the 4th book. Beginning today I'm looking for EVERYTHING.

We need submission committee members to volunteer.
We need writers to voice their intentions to submit a story or stories.
We need artwork for the book. I'd like to include some interior art this time if possible.

Take a look at the submission guidelines if you need clarification.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12240

Take a look at the ANTHOLOGY submission primer for ideas on how to begin or if you need inspiration.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14958

We're doing something different this time. We're offering a promotional contest with an actual prize to be won. I'll post news as soon as we figure out the details but the contest will involve the entire Watch so hopefully we'll create some much needed awareness of what we've been doing here.

That's all for now. Let's get busy!

Tom
Last edited by aTOMiC on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

I intend to submit a story and possibly a poem this year, when is the submission deadline?

I would also be glad to review stories or poems if it is permitted for me to do so as a contributor.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

iQuestor wrote:I intend to submit a story and possibly a poem this year, when is the submission deadline?

I would also be glad to review stories or poems if it is permitted for me to do so as a contributor.
August 29th is the deadline.

It has been traditionally forbidden for contributors to serve on the selection committee. :-( However we may preliminarily have our 3 team members lined up.

I am told that since Aliantha is our new editor she may need assistance with editing her own story should she choose to submit one. Your help in this regard would be much appreciated, IQ. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

aTOMiC wrote:
iQuestor wrote:I intend to submit a story and possibly a poem this year, when is the submission deadline?

August 29th is the deadline.

It has been traditionally forbidden for contributors to serve on the selection committee. :-( However we may preliminarily have our 3 team members lined up.

I am told that since Aliantha is our new editor she may need assistance with editing her own story should she choose to submit one. Your help in this regard would be much appreciated, IQ. :-)
I humbly offer my services to edit Ali's story -- it will be a first for me, but I think I can do a good job.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Oh, I'll choose to submit one. :lol: Assuming it's chosen, tho, I'd just like for another pair of eyes to review it before it goes to press. Would you be willing to do that, iQ?

And btw, many, many, many thanks to Dragonlily for the fabulously outstanding job she has done on the first three anthologies. :Hail: I have some big shoes to fill...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ali's the editor? :D Cool. Suppose we should be glad for Joy she's so busy. :D

Damn...I'm going to have to actually write something again if I plan to submit this year. *sigh* Bastards.

--A
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

aliantha wrote:Oh, I'll choose to submit one. :lol: Assuming it's chosen, tho, I'd just like for another pair of eyes to review it before it goes to press. Would you be willing to do that, iQ?

And btw, many, many, many thanks to Dragonlily for the fabulously outstanding job she has done on the first three anthologies. :Hail: I have some big shoes to fill...
absolutely.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

iQuestor wrote:
aliantha wrote:Oh, I'll choose to submit one. :lol: Assuming it's chosen, tho, I'd just like for another pair of eyes to review it before it goes to press. Would you be willing to do that, iQ?

absolutely.
Awesome, thankee!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”