Stephen R. Donaldson Literature Map

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Critteranne
Servant of the Land

Stephen R. Donaldson Literature Map

Post by Critteranne »

Has anyone scene this site? www.literature-map.com/stephen+donaldson.html It's a "Literature Map" for Stephen R. Donaldson -- it tries to answer the question "What else do readers of Stephen Donaldson read?"

Try it out. It's cool. And it's a big, diverse list of authors, ranging from classic SF authors such as Cordwainer Smith (hmm, interesting choice) to Anne Proulx to L. Ron Hubbard, Peter David, and Peter Ackroyd. The closer an author is in the map, the closer the relationship. The closest author in the map is Joan Vinge, but C. J. Cherryh and Alfred Bester seem to hover there, too.

I'm not sure how they figure out the connections, but it's cool. My library has something similar on its search page, but this seems more helpful.
-- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
https://www.likesbooks.com/listserv.html

"He was walking in the distance, despondent, head lowered, a lone black cloud in search of the rain."

From The Exorcist William Peter Blatty
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Why is any author closer than Thomas Covenant?!?!?
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Critteranne
Servant of the Land

Post by Critteranne »

Rigel wrote:Why is any author closer than Thomas Covenant?!?!?
That didn't make any sense to me, either. But then again, why is Thomas Covenant listed as an author? I mean, I know he's an author in the books, but no one carries his books. :D
-- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
https://www.likesbooks.com/listserv.html

"He was walking in the distance, despondent, head lowered, a lone black cloud in search of the rain."

From The Exorcist William Peter Blatty
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

It doesn't only reference books, but charaters/worlds/etc as well, IIRC. (There's a thread in the Gen Lit forum I think. )

--A

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”