Java Tutorials?

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Fullmetal660
<i>Elohim</i>

Java Tutorials?

Post by Fullmetal660 »

Any body know of a good site that has some java tutorials? i'm specifically looking for java games tutorials.
thanks
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'd suggest taking a java tutorial first.

java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

What comes next depends on what kinds of java libraries you want to use to implement games.

Not many people make Java games. You may want to explain your needs a little better. You may be looking for a tutorial in Flash or something else.
Fullmetal660
<i>Elohim</i>

re:

Post by Fullmetal660 »

I know some Java already, various types of loops, lists and maps etc etc. I've gotta make a game in java for a uni assignment and I wanted to looked at some tutorials to get some ideas of how to go about it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Well, "school assignment" explains so much!

What kind of user interface are you building? A simple text-based interface, a windowed interface, a browser-based interface? Anyone mention that you'd be using "Swing", or "JSF" or something?

If you tell me that, I can help further.
Fullmetal660
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Fullmetal660 »

mostly using swing, with a window based interface. I'm thinking something along the lines of a space invaders type game, maybe with some better graphics though, but nothing too flashy.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Then you'll need to search the net for a Swing tutorial. I have no doubt there is one. But I've never used Swing before, so I have to part ways with you here.

PM me anytime. Or I can PM you my email address if you'd like. I'm good for the Java questions, anyway.

Return to “The Loresraat”