Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Don't forget Prudence's birthday is coming up. Pick out something shiny for her, eh? :lol:
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Indeed, a treasure trove!

Here finally was what she had been seeking! Calais came upon an enormous city deep underground. In its time, it would have held thousands. Multiple levels held corridors and chambers, closets and caverns, kitchens and stairways. Hidden, ancient secrets of a world long since passed, all waiting for Calais' discovery.

It was dark and warm as she began her perusal, as it should have been being so close to the core of the earth, and organic with the smell of centuries of decay, as if it was one large womb waiting to be brought back to life with the promise of offspring. It was a waiting sentinel. And Calais would bring it back to life!

Calais began to explore through caverns and tunnels that had been dug thousands upon thousands of years ago. She left nothing untouched and she missed no corner. Pristine came to mind for everything was in place and nothing left askew. No grave robbers had ever touched this special place. For what seemed a small eternity, Calais familiarized herself with every inch of the ancient subterrainian city, feeling all the while the power of the place itself. She felt strangely comforted by this, fancying that whatever power was with her, it guided her steps and welcomed her to it.

Through every corridor however, through every room, every pit, each turn Calais took ended in the same place: a cavern dotted with womb pits. At the center, a large ziggurat filled the cavern to the ceiling. A temple to Melirelle, no doubt. But it was the source of the power Calais had been feeling through her discovery.

She had avoided it, preferring to explore the other areas of the city but finally, Calais had nothing left see. And so, she stepped gingerly through the womb pits and approached the temple. As she came closer to the massive structure, she began to hear the hissing of a thousand whispers.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Uh... 8O Hey sis, can I have a word with you in private??
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

A thousand mouths were whispering. Each mouth communicating to one of Nor Yekith's followers, ordering them, soothing them, sometimes berating them. Occasionally a word of power completing mutating a cultist, for good or ill. Then, the whispers ceased.

Nor Yekith slithered through the gloomy and dank air above the ziggurat, the mouths grinning, while some tongues licked the moist atmosphere. The air about his monstrous bulk appeared to writhe and emit black steam as though the god's presence was mutating reality. Above the body of the immense worm, the rocks of the cavern ceiling were pulsing and sagging, and forms seemed to writhe within. The rock itself may have become pregnant with worms or the god's imagination. Moments later, he coiled around a pillar near the ziggurat.

"Calais, daughter of Bhakti," the mouths said as one. "I would feign surprise but I have no time to play games. Instead, I will be honest with you. It has been expected that you would seek out Melirelle's womb cities, for I instructed Silister Oord to pass on information about the Queen of Wombs to your high priests. There was never any doubt in my mind that you would seize upon the opportunity to find her cities . . . being the goddess of the earth you would revel in them."

Nor Yekith's mouths grinned triumphantly as he continued. "Which may beg the question why I am here. Simply, I wish to talk. It would be a gross lie to say that I am disappointed that you turned against the Eclipse Alliance. Nevertheless, I was expecting that. You would have made an impressive ally. Thus, I am here to seek your allegiance.

"Let your guard down, dear Calais. These are mere words; I do not wish to remove your head to make you a slave. Your mind and your powers are better suited to my wonderful plans. So please, we must simply talk. For that end, relax and put aside your fears . . ."

Nor Yekith uncoiled from the pillar and extended his body. A thousand grins remained. "The thing about Melirelle's womb cities is that they resonate with me. Or should I say, a womb is a means of make something beautiful out of flesh and dreams."

The grins became fierce. "Let us talk . . . I need your services . . ."
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

So *thats* why the cult had been so strong.

Calais had heard Nor Yekith mention Melirelle before, of times past, of ancient alliances, but she had not realized the devotion Nor Yekith had to his partner. Could he, in his own way, have loved Melirelle? the Bhakti side of her mused.

"Your presence here is a surprise. I had thought I was alone."

She looked at Nor Yekith, probably for the first time. He was fascinating to behold. Humongous in size and covered with mouths that worked at once in unison and yet independently. As large as he was, he moved with lithe purpose, his bulk doing little to impede him.

Power. That what he was. Unlike any god she had met before. She couldn't place its source. It was his single-minded purpose, his focus (something she completely lacked) that gave him such strength. Although she did not want to admit it, she envied him that.

She continued. "You read me correctly, Lord Yekith. I do revel in her city. It is truly magnificient. " She paused to look around her. "I would love to have seen it at its apex. But, I do intend to bring it back to life and make it a working community once again."

She looked directly at him again. "But, I do not fear you. I have no reason to because you have never been anything but honest and forthright with me, as I have been with you. I, of all the gods, appreciate your candor. My guard is not up for I am not like Zephyr. You have not attacked me nor have sworn my death. I respect you as another god of the Pantheon and as a former ally. But, understand, I must stand with my brother against anyone who would destroy him. My Bhakti blood demands it."

Yet,her curiosity was getting the better of her. Or was it the power of the place that kept her reaching for more.

"What allegience from me do you seek? What services do you need? I will help, if I can."

She paused then added, "I will help, if you could tell me what you know about Melirelle's power."
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

The great worm slowly slithered closer as he spoke. The ground began to writhe and shudder - an orgasm of the earth twisted by some foul intelligence as alien forms breached the warm, pulsing soil. He came very close to Calais, and reared his upper body into the air while his black, glistening tail encircled her.

"Melirelle adored me," Nor Yekith mused softly. "She offered herself to me a long time ago, and I sacrificed a part of myself to make her a god. There was love, but only on her part. I . . . do not know love, although I understand others have loved me before . . . my parents . . .

"Nevertheless," the god said with a voice tinged with elation, "I only know desire, and that desire urges me to make others better. I made her better . . . You ask what she was like? She was pure. Melirelle never wavered from our goals, and pursued them with such vigour it makes me realise how weak and pathetic my own followers are. Her power was likewise pure - uncorrupted by useless moralities. She had the means to create - the mother's urge to birth . . . to create. And she had the will to sacrifice everything to fuel her womb-bred creations.

"Like a mother. Her power was focused on that singularity of the womb. And it was immense due to her focus and her devotion. I am not sure what happened to her - I assumed she died - but I know that she eclipsed so many gods."

Nor Yekith now surrounded Calais and the anterior part of his body now loomed close to her. He could taste her womb in the air, and something else . . . he could sense her love and her devotion . . . the female urge to create and the passion to do anything for her creations. It was overpowering, and he knew what had to be done.

A thousand mouths grinned maniacally. "Calais, there is something I need from you . . ."
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Nor Yekith slithered around Calais, encompassing her, and the thousands of mouths begin to whisper to her ancient secrets and powers, soothing her with their softness. She traveled back in time, eons ago, when Melirelle dominated the earth. She saw the great womb pits that spit out mutated creatures by the thousands. She saw the creation of the Nhruuk and saw their initial purpose. As she traveled through the vision, she became less and less aware of herself, entranced in the vision.

From far away, a tiny ember sparks deep within her. she was being imprisioned in a magic cage of thought and vision and she was changing. No, she was being changed. By Nor Yekith. Her mind struggled against it but she was no match - she had already opened herself too deeply to Nor Yekith and he had seized upon this trust and held tightly. He encased her heart in his hand and began to squeeze the goodness out of her. He took hold of her mind and erased all love and laughter. Her mouth opened in horror but no sound could escape.

She had been trapped by her trust. Eternity passed and she was being altered little by little. The mutagen swept through her body and replaced any Bhakti remnance with cold, calculated corruption. It pressed upon her and burned through her, leaving only villiany and turpitude. At last, she threw back her head and released the scream that tore through her soul. So loud, it was heard from the farthest reaches of Eiran.

When it was finished and the painful pressure eased, the goddess of earth and death had been obliterated. As the dust fell around her like steam and ashes, Calais stood no more. In her place was a goddess more evil and more terrible than even Nor Yekith could have imagined.

Vashitva

An understanding shone from her eyes. THIS is what she had been searching for in vain as Calais. Finally, a purpose. So much power. So much strength.

So much evil.

Nor Yekith stood back and admired his handiwork. Vashitva looked back at him and smiled, "My love," that dripped with perversion.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Nor Yekith had engineered an immense protective field of mutagenic energy called the Caul and had it surround his lands. The Caul was like a coccoon - like the membrane of a womb - and had realised in the moment of its creation what it could be used for. The womb-cavern of Melirelle's had resonance with the Caul, and so he had flooded the chamber with a smaller, invisible field. It was no where near enough to do what he wanted, but by tricking Calais into trusting her he did not need all of its powers.

In actuality, Nor Yekith expended more power in a brutal display of power. He flooded her with mutagenic energy and smothered her soul, every single particle of godhood digested and re-created, and remade her.

Calais had been destroyed, and the act had felt exquisite.

The great worm arced back like a snake and admired the view; a thousand mouths laughing or grinning.

"You may call me your father and your lover. I care for neither, but I will stand by you. The link between us is more deep between either, and more profound."

With growing triumph in a thousand voices, Nor Yekith spoke aloud in the chamber. "We will stand together, you and me. Together, we will smash aside our enemies, and remake this world.

"The grand utopia begins now."
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

"As you wish, my lord," she replied with a grin dripping with mutated power. "I wish nothing more than to be bound to your power, your greatness, your vision."

Vashitva bowed low before him.

"Hear me, Pantheon! I hereby announce my divorce from the god, Tawahiri-matea."
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Good move sister Death. Tawahiri-matea has not shown prudence in his recent actions. Perhaps he needs to be divorced from Life as well!! :twisted:
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

By the way, where *is* Mox? I enjoy his humor particularly and have a need to celebrate my improvement.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Party at Vashitva's place!! :biggrin:
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Welcome, Vashivta.
I am, quite literally...
...stunned.
Devaguhya wrote:Good move sister Death.
Which brings up the question...
Vashitva wrote:When it was finished and the painful pressure eased, the goddess of earth and death had been obliterated. As the dust fell around her like steam and ashes, Calais stood no more. In her place was a goddess more evil and more terrible than even Nor Yekith could have imagined.

Vashitva
Are you still G-ddess of Earth and Death then?
Or were your domains mutated as well?
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I have always been here, O-gon-cho, but I thank you for your welcome anyway.

Earth and Death are still mine. They are a part of me and I a part of them.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

My thanks for your rapid answer, Vashitva.
When it doesn't conflict with your master's vision
it is my hope we will continue to work together.

*bows*
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

There is no work other than mine and my Lord Yekith's work.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*bows again*

So be it.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

You KNOW I'm always good for a party, irregardless of what it may or may not be celebrating!!
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Devaguha lets his mind wander. He is certain of his course, the Paragons are ready. All who oppose him will feed his hunger. He smiles when he thinks of the flourishing slave trade in his lands. Yes, this world offered tastes to be enjoyed and he would gorge himself!!

And then ... a call he sent out to the ether in the eigth season is answered!
Season 8 wrote:First, I send a Paragon to find this "high priest" of the AllFather. Second, I send out my mind … a plea into the ether of the cosmos … Life exists between the ALPHA and OMEGA. I use my power to reach out to them and ask for their support! Only their power combined may give me support should the AllFather elect to go directly against Life!
The ORDER of Narie intrudes in his thoughts! A faintly female shape appears in Devaguhya's mind. Power transcendent pulses from her form: Lord of Life, your call was heard and I have watched. You were sent to Eiran to heal. However, rather than seek restoration you have fallen low. The AllFather would have helped you. But YOU chose confrontation. I see now that even eons old, the touch of the Omega has corrupted you beyond redemption. YOU NO LONGER REPRESENT LIFE! Indescribable pain and agongy courses through Devaguhya. His essence is ripped from Haylm, denatured and reformed. He had not believed that a God could feel such agony!! Where Vashitva's pain echoed across Eiran, Devaguhya's pain is so intense that the release of screaming is withheld from him! His form is made manifest and floats helpless in the air at the center of his main temple. His mind still locked in divine dream.

Devaguhya's mind perceives the Alpha speaking: My apologies AllFather, this one will never again represent Life. Further, I am concerned that the touch of the Omega will continue to corrupt him. He enjoys the Domain of Protection at your leave, but if you wish, I will return his essence to the ALL. He will bother Eiran no more. Devaguhya hears no response; but in his mind he sees the Alpha bows and then speak. I understand; it is not you way to interfere. You desire Eiran itself to chart its own path for good or ill. Very well, I leave him to your mercy. But you may want to reform him to better fit his chosen role!! And with another bow, the Alpha fades from Devaguhya's mind.

Power fills the temple! Devaguhya's priests are shocked as hundreds of sentinal ravens, not seen since Tireela had attacked one, fill the temple. They swirl around the body of Devaguhya still wracked in agony!! Power that can create or destroy worlds pulses. The Domain of Protection is ripped from Devaguhya, for he is not worthy to protect any. Devaguhya is reformed. And when the ravens fly away, they leave a new deity. Madadeva, God of Desire and Decadence is now master of the Paragons!!
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

The scream distracted Vashitva from her work. Hmmm, I had screamed like that once. She looked up, seeing in her mind as deities can, the change.

She smiles, and returns to her work. Welcome, Madadeva.

Return to “Pantheon”