How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Cool!

Are you taking courses over the summer session, as long as your staying on campus?
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

no. They don't teach undergrad classes over the summer. Only grad school classes. I could take classes at one of the other universities in the area, if I wanted/had transportation. But I wasn't really interested.
Apparently though, Virginia Western teaches a sign language class over the summer. I might think about that for next summer, if I decide to stay on campus again.
I live in my own little world...but its okay, they know me here!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

magickmaker17 wrote:Apparently though, Virginia Western teaches a sign language class over the summer. I might think about that for next summer, if I decide to stay on campus again.
That would be cool.

Beorn's school offers American Sign Language as a foreign language option, along with Spanish and French. I so wanted for him to take it, as I would have tried learning it along with him. It would have been wonderful for strengthening his fine motor skills as well.

But Hyperception was concerned about colleges accepting it as meeting their foreign language requirements, so Beorn's now in his second year of Latin that he is taking via FLVS, in addition to his full course load at school.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

magickmaker17 wrote: Somehow I missed that information this time around.
lol, no. I'm working on campus as an RA. The office is closed today, so I didn't have to go in, but technically I'm still on duty, so if one of my residents comes to me with a problem I have to respond to them.[/quote]

I did this one summer for graduate students. It was a pretty cushy job for me. . . enabled me to work another job and take a couple of classes. Hope it is as nice a job for you. :D

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Kinda tired. I was a lazy bum on Friday and didn't go to the pool like I planned. So I ended up doing 36 laps today to make up for it. 8O I did *not* start out intending to swim a mile today. But I got to 18 laps and said, "what the heck, let's do 3 more," and just kept doing that 'til I got to 30, and at that point I figured I might as well do the last 6. And then I came home and ate half a cow. :lol: (Not really. But I did wolf down a turkey burger pretty fast...)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Ok, I really do think I'm really, actually going to get my hair cut soon. Maybe even this week. In this weather it makes me feel really hot, and I'm tired of it blocking the plughole, and it gets everywhere all the time...

I don't really do short hair though. I have a photo of me when I had hair the length I'm thinking of, but it's not on my laptop.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Cov, you know which picture makes me crazy, go with the touseled look! Hubba hubba! That look is hawt! Hawt! HAWT!!!! :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

A Jenn sighting! :wave: How's the computer madness coming?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm at the cafe on my usual Sunday laundry adventure. They have internet computers you can use here.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Nice! Tam's taking a nap and I'm getting a wicked post 4th of July buzz (don't worry I swear I won't go into the admin control panel under any circumstances :P )

...not to mention getting my ass kicked on web backgammon and making lewd comments on FaceBook :biggrin:
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Cov, you know which picture makes me crazy, go with the touseled look! Hubba hubba! That look is hawt! Hawt! HAWT!!!! :P
:o The cheek! :o

The annoying part is going to be describing the desired length to the hairdresser. Last time, they barely understood "Leave me with less hair than when I arrived." Basically, it's slightly longer than the tousled photo. Long enough that it touched the bridge of my nose if it blew in front of my face, but not long enough to tickle a nostril. :lol: As for looking tousled, that was all about having just got out of bed. :lol: It was real bed hair rather than the stylised 'bed hair' that takes two hours in front of a mirror to craft. :roll: I'm far too lazy for that kind of crap.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, looks like I probably have a job after 7 months of looking, and nearly two years since I was last officially employed. Just waiting on the paperwork to make it final. On the one hand, this is very good news. On the other, after two years of being on my own recognisance, getting back into the daily slog will not be easy.

However, since my landlord and whatnot would probably be unsympathetic to any failure of finance on my part, on the whole I am forced to conclude that this is a good thing. *sigh*

:LOLS:

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Congratulations, Av.
May you and the new position find that you suit each other. 8)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats, Av! It's like I tell the cat every morning, "Gotta go to work and make the monies, and keep us all in kibble..." ;)

EZ Board Survivor

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Smiling from good news from multiple sources...
Hopefully those who have helped make my day will post shortly. :grinlove:
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Avatar wrote:Well, looks like I probably have a job after 7 months of looking, and nearly two years since I was last officially employed.
Congratulation, Av! I hope it works out well for you.
Avatar wrote:... after two years of being on my own recognisance, getting back into the daily slog will not be easy.
After over 23 with my present employer I can say that it is not always what it is cracked up to be. Lately I have taken to stumbling into meetings hoping to trip, fall, hit my head on the table and wake up in the Land. Hasn't worked so far...
Avatar wrote:... on the whole I am forced to conclude that this is a good thing. *sigh*
At least it will keep you in books!
... nobody I know.
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

Conga Rats Av!

I've still got a migraine. But other than that, it's been a good day.
I live in my own little world...but its okay, they know me here!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Sorry about your migraine, MM. Maybe you should be the one hoping to hit your head and end up in the Land?

(Actually, I think everyone here is hoping that! :) ).
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Rigel wrote:Sorry about your migraine, MM. Maybe you should be the one hoping to hit your head and end up in the Land?

I don't know. I find their lack of toilets disturbing.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

CovenantJr wrote:
Rigel wrote:Sorry about your migraine, MM. Maybe you should be the one hoping to hit your head and end up in the Land?

I don't know. I find their lack of toilets disturbing.
Didn't you know? The people of the Land believe so strongly in completely using all available materials, and in not wasting anything.

There's no excrement of any kind with an Aliantha based diet!
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “General Discussion Forum”