Fantasy Football (US)

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Yes, you may auto-draft. I have tentatively set the keepers since the originial deadline had passed as Ryan Grant, Steven Jackson, and Marques Colston. However you could chose any you like and I (as league Commish) can set them up to an hour before the draft.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

OK, I'm in.
But keep in mind, I really have no idea what I'm doing.
I'll do a little research, and let you know if I wish to change the Keepers, Kins.
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Don't worry about it, dAN and jelerak have no idea what they're doing either.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*ouch*
I see the trash talking starts early in this league...
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Kins,

Can you post the draft order here. It doesn't show it anywhere on the site. I'm assuming it's the following:

1. Swamp Gators
2. Cleburne
3. Team Wiebe
4. New Mexico
5. Thundercrunch
6. Leviathan
7. Bunnies
8. Brinn
9. Pork Chop
10. Revelstone
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Kinslaughterer wrote:Don't worry about it, dAN and jelerak have no idea what they're doing either.
Wow, that must make your losses to us all the more embarassing.......
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Any of you clever people know what the time of the draft will be for me over here in England :?: I dont know if i,m 4 or 5 hours ahead of you guys .
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Are you currently on British Summer Time, Cleburne?

wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Then you would be five hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.
The draft is at 5:00 pm EDT, right?
Making it 10:00 pm for you...
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Thanks Menolly still in summer time here lol :biggrin: I got time to watch a film before the draft.
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

f'in thing wont let me in to draft!!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Same here, but as far as I can tell, it's my own fault in my case.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

oh well!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Kins,

What happened to the draft order? Doesn't look like reverse order of finish to me.

No offense, but that's why I asked you to confirm it according to the site several days prior to the draft.

P.S.
I'm not a big fan of ESPN's setup. Between the draft order getting screwed up and it not letting me in till the draft was 3/4ths over I am very disappointed. Seems like ESPN needs to make their interface a little more user friendly. Would a button that said "Enter Draft" be too much to ask for?!?!?!

Regardless, thanks for doing this again this year. It's a fun time.
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

I tried several times to set the order manually, considering it was set to "manually set by league manager" however it wouldn't allow it. I even called ESPN to try and resolve it but the guy I talked to may have been the single least helpful or interested person I have ever had the pleasure of speaking to on the phone.
At the end of the call he says "Is it that big of a deal?" I replied that no, it really wasn't....click.
Brinn you asked me on the 30th, ie not several days, and I don't check this that much, a pm would have been visible on my email.
Ultimately it appeared that the draft order wasn't significantly different with the exception of Christina being higher but I think we can all live with that.

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Well, Brinn may be a big fat liar, but I honestly contacted you at least 0.0013 seconds before the draft to tell you I was unable to get in due to the fact that I had forgotten my account name and password, which is unacceptable, if for no other reason than I had several months to check my ESPN account prior to yesterday's draft. So, what do you have to say for yourself now?
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

I'm sorry dAN...

*takes out sword*

I dishonor my family.

*commits seppuku*
types this with dying strength

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...oh...dear...g-ds...

jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

(knocking on wood as I type this)

Ya'll notice that his may be one of the quitest preseasons so far in regards to injuries to fantasy starters?

There always has seemed to be at least a couple of major injuries to someone's high pick that has at least sidelined them for some duration to the start of the season, but so far that does not seem to be the case this year.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Wow...this has been about the quietest FFL board that I have ever seen!

I finally managed to get an even record...but I am getting slammed by byes this week.

Ahhh...but then I saw this week's (or weak's?) opponent. There's nothing like seeing Team Weibe in my sights to cure all of my fantasy football ills.

C'mon girlie...let's do this!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Whatever you do, don't beat her by 1 point. It's just not worth it......
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Return to “Sports”