Presenting . . . a member of the Warward

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Presenting . . . a member of the Warward

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Here is a member of the Warward

2010 is when the Chronicles begin again
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Last edited by hue of fuzzpaws on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Nice Hue

I stand by what I said earlier, they should definitly get you onto the creative team for the movie when it gets going.

either that or you can slowly create the movies yourself :D
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
hyarmion
Stonedownor

Post by hyarmion »

Oh dear, oh dear, Could you please put Sexy Barbie back in the cupboard.
From LFB, describing the members of Quaan's Eoman:
The riders looked like warriors. They wore high soft-soled boots over black leggings, black sleeveless shirts covered by breastplates moulded of a yellow metal, and yellow headbands. A short sword swung from each belt, a bow and a quiver of arrows from each back...
It is further noted that Quaan, as a Warhaft, had a black diagonal line across his breastplate. And later noted that Warmark Garth had a double black diagonal across his breastplate. So it seems the rank insignia too the form of diagonals across the breastplate.
BTW - the yellow metal of the breastplates is curious, it appears to be the only use of metals by the Lords, everything else was either wood or stone.[/quote]
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Oh dear. My apologies.

I had thought of calling this image Irony
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

hyarmion
Stonedownor

Post by hyarmion »

Yes, I can see some improvement, but I still cant see the yellow headband or the bow and quiver, or the belt from which the short sword hung. You call that a short sword? How much would that thing weigh?
And, to be honest, the breastplate looks to me more like a thin modern life-jacket/life preserver, or even like a kevlar bullet-proof vest, not something made of metal.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Nice hue..what program are you using for the background? it looked like a background image at first but in the second shot its different. Vue infinite or something like that?
Caesar
Woodhelvennin

Post by Caesar »

hyarmion wrote:BTW - the yellow metal of the breastplates is curious, it appears to be the only use of metals by the Lords, everything else was either wood or stone.
Also, the heels of the Staff of Law. Not sure about the other staffs...
Scientia non habet inimicum nisp ignorantem.
Fratres, quod in vitae spatium agimus in aeternum resonat.
Vis et Honor.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The people of the Land used metal. They just didn't use it where stone or wood would do.

They had swords, for example.

During the battle of Soaring Woodhelven, they came across "a heavy iron plate nearly ten feet across".

The Second Ward was contained in "a small iron chest".

etc.

Also, it was said of the times before Berek that "the Cavewights smithed and smelted beautiful metals to trade in open friendship with all the people of the Land".
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'd surrender to the Lady in Red any day!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
hyarmion
Stonedownor

Post by hyarmion »

The people of the Land used metal. They just didn't use it where stone or wood would do.

They had swords, for example.
Yes, they had swords, but I dont think they were made of metal were they? I think they are described as being wood or stone.
During the battle of Soaring Woodhelven, they came across "a heavy iron plate nearly ten feet across".
Which was thought to have been carried by Cavewights from Mt. Thunder. Not made by the people/Lords of the Land.
The Second Ward was contained in "a small iron chest".
Good point, and yes, the Lords' staffs were shod with iron.

Also, it was said of the times before Berek that "the Cavewights smithed and smelted beautiful metals to trade in open friendship with all the people of the Land".
True, but again, not a work of the people/Lords of the Land
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

wayfriend wrote:During the battle of Soaring Woodhelven, they came across "a heavy iron plate nearly ten feet across"
Wasn't that brought by the attackers?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

Yes, they used it for cover as they got close enough to light the tree on fire

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Does anybody else believe that the new lords would have been able to smelt metal with the heat form lomilar and gravelling?

Surly the heat required would have destroyed the wood and rock, not to mention that the process would have destroyed the ore itself, in dirrect contravention of the oath of peace.

Sure they destroyed orcrest, (Trell and Atiaran's 'wedding'), but that was in emergency, I don't see war falling into the category of 'emergancy.'
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”