Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Loremaster wrote:Dragon Age: Origins. It's very good despite its flaws.
I was recently asking someone for a review of that game--a certain ornithological species. An avian variety.

A BAH BAH BAH BIRD BIRD BIRD. BIRD IS THE WORD.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

A friend recently sent me Fable 2 and Far Cry 2. I think they're Christmas presents.

It was a little annoying - gifts make me feel indebted to people, and I don't like that - but at least he chose well for once. The last few days, then, I've been playing Fable 2. It is the game Fable 1 should have been.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

GTA IV finally. Just started. My machine just barely makes it though. :D

--A
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

CovenantJr wrote:A friend recently sent me Fable 2 and Far Cry 2. I think they're Christmas presents.
Avatar wrote:GTA IV finally. Just started.
Wait, what year is this?!?!?

(Just kidding, of course... after all, I'm the one who only played Portal a few months ago :) ).

I finally got around to Arkham Asylum, and have been loving every minute of it :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Modern Warfare 2 has stolen my life.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Rigel wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:A friend recently sent me Fable 2 and Far Cry 2. I think they're Christmas presents.
Avatar wrote:GTA IV finally. Just started.
Wait, what year is this?!?!?

(Just kidding, of course... after all, I'm the one who only played Portal a few months ago :) ).

I finally got around to Arkham Asylum, and have been loving every minute of it :)
Heh. I rarely buy games when they're new. I can't justify the expense.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Uh...yeah...I rarely buy games...too expensive...especially out here. :shifty:

--A
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The Darkness. It's crap. Time to start Far Cry 2 I think.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The (relatively recent) Xbox 360 conversion of Unreal Tournament 3.

I know a lot of people don't rate it, but holy crap! This is what deathmatches used to be like when I started playing them (Turok 2, Perfect Dark, that kind of stuff). Keep moving, use whichever weapon you happen to pick up... No time for farting about, camping, sniping, strategy... In my first match (after one practice match against bots) I got 62 kills. It's insane. This is the first game in a long time that has had me laughing aloud from sheer enjoyment.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Awesome, CJ! Glad to hear UT3 plays so well on Xbox. Insane deathmatching is why I love UT. Strategy? That's for strategy games. :lol:
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

CovenantJr wrote:The (relatively recent) Xbox 360 conversion of Unreal Tournament 3.
I tried it, but it just didn't compare to the PC version for me. But then, I suck at console FPSs :)

Since I've been without a decent graphics card (and so unable to play UT3) on my PC for more than 6 months, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting one any time soon, maybe I should just grab it for the XBox. After all, it's still a great game :)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The one down side is there aren't many people playing it. Sometimes it's fine but other times it's really quiet.
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

I just got Counter Strike: Source because Steam was having a weekend deal where it was 75% off ($5) but I think I'm going to 'get' a 'copy' of Fire Emblem 4 and a good translation and play through that again

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dragon Age: Origins - stuck on the final fight in Ozrammar.
Finished Mass Effect for the second time.
Sins of a Solar Empire.
Arkham Asylum.
Left 4 Dead 2.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Uncharted 2: Among Theives

For a game that received a perfect score in Game Informer and a few other publications, I expected it to be a bit more orgasmic than it has been so far. It's basically Tomb Raider mostly outside of tombs. The controls are generally better than some of the mid Tomb Raider games, and definitely better than Angel of Darkness. It's definitely fun, but I don't quite understand the perfect rating. Then again, I've not finished it yet, and the big moment may be upcoming.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Warmark wrote:Modern Warfare 2 has stolen my life.
Me too. Also play L4D2 once in a while.

I called it first, though - Modern Warfare 3: Soap Opera.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Because it's so bargainous now, and still popular, I just acquired Halo 3.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Last night I picked up a copy of Force Unleashed. I still want to 100% Arkham Asylum, but I think I need a break from it for a while.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I switched back to my old favourite, Battlefield 1943, for a couple of days, then tonight I had three matches in Modern Warfare 2. I mention this for a reason.

The contrast brought me to a realisation. I haven't enjoyed a single moment of the time I've spent playing Modern Warfare 2, at least online. Not for even a solitary minute have I had fun. And if there's no fun, what's the point in playing the game?

In contrast, even when I had a bad match in 1943 earlier today, I still enjoyed it. I came out of badly, but the playing was still fun. But Modern Warfare 2 just...grates, continuously. I think it's safe for me to make a statement that would appall many of the hype-swayed 13 year olds: I hate Modern Warfare 2. I hate it.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

CovenantJr wrote:I think it's safe for me to make a statement that would appall many of the hype-swayed 13 year olds: I hate Modern Warfare 2. I hate it.
I can understand that. While the game looks amazing, the single player campaign pissed me off (for reasons Yahtzee pointed out here), and the multiplayer...

Well, my roommate says I should stick with it, and it'll be more fun. But I ask, why invest hours of play into something that isn't fun now, just so it'll be fun later?

(I know that attitude, if taken too far, could discourage you from learning any game which requires skill, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable in this case).

Return to “PC & Console Games”