Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

We don't need the Hymn's 'natural' healing, because if our spells are refreshed, we would have used our healing spells.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I am leary of "would have"s. Which is why I asked.

Seven: how healed are we? Just to be clear on things, regardless of the source.
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Vyn has 16, Led has 31, Laurel has 10, Sky has 10, Marrik has 3, Barak is untouched here.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

So, not fully healed, then.
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik used a LCW ebfore he realized teh scope of the porblem..and sued one point of LOH. He's tapped for spells.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Is Laurel awake then?
Did Led's Heal Check awaken her?
And the hymn is still in effect, yes?
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Menolly wrote:Is Laurel awake then?
Did Led's Heal Check awaken her?
And the hymn is still in effect, yes?
It's the next morning. We're all refreshed. We've had SOME magical healing and natural healing from your hymn and sleep. All spells are refreshed. We are NOT all fully healed. Full HP totals were listed above.

Please let's make posts in the IC thread so we can move things along.
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I've been holding off to try and slip in a new player...but they're not moving all that quickly (to be fair, never done D&D before, so slowness is understandable)..tomorrow, we'll be moving IC.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

...For me, this is final exam week, so I wasn't exactly thinking of the game...
...If I'd actually thought about it, I would have acted on what I discovered instead of reading and then ignoring it...
I probably should have done this sooner, but... I'll just quote in the game thread what Seven told me.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

w00t on level 5!

Just an FYI.
Beorn is going to visit his grandfather over winter break. He leaves Sunday, and will be back the 24th and 25th. It is then possible he will leave again the 26th, and will return New Years Eve.

He has no computer access while away.
I will keep everyone updated as to plans.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Hello, everyone, and thanks to Seven Words for letting me join the game.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Welcome Sigrid!
Pretty avatar.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Thank you. I found it on DeviantArt.com.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

'tis an excellent site for graphics.
Just ask Irian, Tänya, Laurel... ;)
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Led Pighp wrote:Led looks around the room, not quite able to accept that the dragon is dead. Slowly, the red haze recedes, and he registers what's around him.

"Oh no. Barak..."

He walks slowly to the mangled meat in what must have been Barak's robes. Slowly, because he doesn't want to accept the truth. Not yet.
Um... Marrowrime did a great deal of damage to Barak, but Seven never confirmed he was dead, right?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Vynarkus wrote:
Led Pighp wrote:Led looks around the room, not quite able to accept that the dragon is dead. Slowly, the red haze recedes, and he registers what's around him.

"Oh no. Barak..."

He walks slowly to the mangled meat in what must have been Barak's robes. Slowly, because he doesn't want to accept the truth. Not yet.
Um... Marrowrime did a great deal of damage to Barak, but Seven never confirmed he was dead, right?
Seven Words wrote:Marrorimw explodes into a frenzy of savage attacks in all directions! First, he bites at Jurgi, mauling him as well! 15 points) Jurgi collapses, blood pouring from the horrific rents left by the fangs carving through his still-icy body. Then, one claw lashes out at Barak's still form, seeing to ensure the demise of this most painful attacker (7 points) The other claw gouges at Marrik, his armor unequal to this mighty strike, able to absorb a mere third of its power. (7 points). One wing whips out, slamming into Led! (8 points). Lastly, the undulating tail flails at Led also! (18 points)
Sometimes you need to read deeper than what appears on the page...
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Fire-based attacks are +50% on white dragons..Scorching ray was 2 hits of 4d6 normally...6d6 vs the dragon...Marrowrime knocked him down and made sure he's NOT getting back up because that damn well HURT....Barak was at negatives BEFORE the claw hit.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

in the game thread Sigrid wrote:Sacred Healing: grants Fast Healing 3 to all those within 60' of me, for 5 rounds. Everybody heals 15hp.
[ooc]please tell me Healing Hymn is effective as a buff on this, like it is on Cure spells, and unlike on Marrik's touch?[/ooc]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Um, where is Healing Hymn from? I'm not familiar with that.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Sigrid wrote:Um, where is Healing Hymn from? I'm not familiar with that.
From Complete Champion:
Level:1st
Replaces: Fascinate
Benefit: If you have 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill, you can use your music or poetics to create an area conducive to healing. To be affected, an ally must be able to see and hear you perform. The effect lasts as long as you continue performing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected ally who casts any conjuration (healing) spell gains a +1 sacred (if you're good or neutral) or profane (if you're evil) bonus on the roll for each rank you have in the Perform skill. This ability has no effect on spells cast from wands, scrolls, or other magic items.
In addition if you use this ability for 1 full minute before you and your allies retire for the night, everyone in the group heals naturally as if he had completed 24 hours of bed rest (thus recovering twice his character level in hit points). If the music is interrupted, the magic of the song is lost.
Either use of healing hymn counts as one daily use of your bardic music ability. This is a spell-like ability.
*hoping we are so wiped out from the fight that we will be retiring soon, but if not, I can always sing another hymn before we do retire, if needed*

So in order for Healing Hymn to buff, your healing spell must be affected by a roll. I currently have +7 ranks in Perform (Sing), which can be applied as the buff.
That is why Marrik's healing hands, or whatever if it called, is not buffed by it. No roll involved.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”