How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I'm a bit shaken. I just got home from squash, after witnessing a 17 year old playing a game. He slipped and rammed head first into the wall. It was horrible, he couldn't get up for a while. Fortunately there happened to be a doctor there. He seems ok, but was a bit shaky and sore. It was so bad to see.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ouch. The unexpected dangers of squash... :lol:

--A
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

i am bruised up. Now that the blood has had time to settle under my skin I look like I've been beaten down and broken up. Ugh.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Workman's comp! Workman's comp!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

lorin wrote:
Kaydene wrote:I bought a car! My car troubles are over! '03 Ford Focus 77k miles. I bought it for $6k, put $3k down and bought a 3 year warranty. Whew! Feels so great to have that weight taken off of my shoulders. :)
congrats! I think the warranty was a good idea. Did you get it from Ford or a private company?
Yeah, the warranty is going to cover me for the entire time I'm paying the loan, which is a relief. I went through the Kia dealership here in town. They had just gotten the focus in when I came in. :)
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats on the new ride, Kaydene!

Jenn -- |G

Stevie G -- see, this is why nobody should ever try to stay in shape. ;)

This is ridiculous. Today is the first day since I got back from my various vacations that I feel rested enough to do anything useful. It took me three days to recover from two weeks of fun. Three days! :( Getting old sucks...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Popping in to request Watchers send healing energy Menolly's way. Over the weekend, she posted here about the high fever her son Beorn developed. Apparently he was well enough to return to school today, but she is now running a 104 degree fever.

I was chatting with her earlier today, but she just was not up to reading, much less posting to KW. When our omnipresent Menolly is too ill to be on the Watch, we know that she must be truly laid low. Please help!

Hu y'vareich et hacholim
Bless and heal those who are ill
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Thanks for letting us know, SD. To Menolly: |G -- and get those guys of yours to bring you tons of chicken soup and ibuprofen!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Sending good vibes your way, Menolly...

Stevie, I'm thinking that poor guy will be dealing with the effects of concussion for a long time, unless he's really, really lucky.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Get well soon Menolly. Sending good thoughts you way.

MM, I doubt he'll be lucky, it was a full on hit right on top of his head. We'll see...
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel like this. There's actually a lower section as well on the hip and the bruise now extends all the way to the side of my pubic bone. I made Sorus watch the video from the security camera. Image

Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

omg. =( Ouch.
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

:!!!: 8O
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

8O Far out! That is really bad! 8O
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Jenn, you need to have this seen to under the CA workplace injury program. Back in 2008, I had a workplace accident while working at a site in Northridge and and was less harmed than that, but WaMu *insisted* that I go to an urgent care facility to have it checked out.

Of course, that meant a multi-hour wait in a clinic reception area where I was place at exposure risk for much worse than what I had already experienced, then have a facinating conversation with a doctor and assistant -- neither of whom seemed to understand English, nor whatever languages each other were speaking.

I left with three stitches that I promptly removed myself, then knocked down any potential infection with self-prescribed alcohol (bourbon) taken internally.

The so-called medical care was entirely paid for by workman's comp or whatever the proper name of the program is. I bought my own damn drinks...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I couldn't even take decent pics of my arm and leg since I can't get the camera angle right. And the lower hip bruise you can't see is the most painful. Sorus saw the bruises in person. I actually called rolando before I went in to work and told him, go in the office and watch the security feed before I get there so you can get it out of your system and gave him a rundown on what happened. He called me back almost immediately and was like, OH MY GOD, HOLY CRAP! Then I got to work, dragged him into the office and showed him the damage and he was like, OH MY GOD, WHAT THE F--K are you DOING here???? Then proceeded to take pictures of my wounds with his cell camera and make multiple dvd's of the incident. He also laughed himself silly. I must admit, seriously, the freeze frame of me mid air is highly amusing looking. Also the way Jacob reacted and I reacted is pretty funny too. I had fun with two coworkers today over it. Well all my coworkers, but two that were not there last night, I convinced one that I got hit by a car and the other that I had tackled a shoplifter and got my ass kicked. Tomorrow, if Jason K hasn't already been shown the feed I am going to try to convince him I was the victim of mistaken identity and police brutality. Also, if Bill the UPS driver is working tomorrow I'm gonna convince him that Jacob asked me to listen to an engine noise then proceeded to let his foot slip off the brake and pinned me between a cement wall and his SUV. Should be fun. Also I do need to get some pictures of my wounds that aren't showing too much but I got home late from moving Navepar so I didn't call Lucimay. I need someone else to take pics since I can't do it so well myself.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Dam Jenn and carumba 8O! That had to hurt. Many healing vibes!!!

Reminds me of the time I was working at ALCO dept. stores when a teenage noob tossed me an eight foot steel truck loading ramp, when I wasn't looking-two cracked ribs and only 2 and 1/2 months of worker's comp. Took me over a year of serious pain and not breathing right at night to get over it-they wanted to let me go after that because someone had to be monitoring my every move around heavy objects and they couldn't afford that--so I, in vanity, quit thinking being fired as a disgrace-tho I later learned that my 6 month unemployment benefits would have been close to what worker's comp had been paying me. Ah well...

Menolly get better as well!
fall far and well Pilots!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Wow, Jenn, sorry to hear about that. Sounds like there's a whole lot of bad mojo going around lately... good thoughts, good thoughts for everyone!
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Healing vibes to Jenn and Menolly.
Damn...104 temperatures? My ex had that high of fever and they said to bring her to the emergency room. We did so and the filled her with two bags of liquid, and she started to do a bit better, but that's pretty damn high.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

I feel fine because I just bought a new guitar, a genuine Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Yay! :rockband:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”