Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Anaya wrote:I know a little of the Ash Lich and his army - how much more I learn depends on who escaped Virelle alive. Certain messengers sought to bring me a thing of great power that may be the key to our salvation.
May they have gotten away safely before the Midnight Armies slaughtered all that remained...

I encourage you to communicate with the many who claim to be your offspring, Sister. Undeath as a domain is new to them and may repulse you, but surely Knowledge will benefit your studies as well as theirs.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

O-gon-cho wrote:
The Numen wrote:Also, I believe that the fissures near Dagon's city are causing the water temperature in their area to get so hot the city is about to evacuate. So yeah, more than just interesting quirks of landscape.
Still, even a typical volcanic fissure in the ocean floor would be capable of doing such. Other than what might be an innate, mundane feature of that particular fissure, has anyone heard of any potential magical or supernatural harm done by these cracks in the earth?
Blinding white light is pouring out of a crack in the earth near one city, and an entity of fire and light which is inimical to creatures of the water realms is living in a newly formed undersea volcano, and the Shylan is cracking with Light that causes you pain, and you wonder if anyone has heard of potential harm? I think the answer is a resounding Yes. And The Unknowable and The Numen are going to attempt to figure out what to do, if any will donate power to them. Will any donate power to them? If none are going to donate to Unknowable and Numen, I will give to that project.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Donate power ... burning creatures ... cracked is the Maw.

Our response considerations seem more fragmented than the multitudes of ills facing Eiran. I will understand why Simjen is seeing to his own first before make sacrifice. He does not see a future for Eiran.

I have given you the insight of the Sunset Oracle.
One path alone stands for salvation;
All must unite against the final judgment,
All must abide by one deity's guidance,
Standing before the Eclipsing Gods
If all agree that the 'one' is Zephyr. The he must not ask or equivocate.
Zephy wrote:Will any donate power to them? I was intending to give power to Koel to do something about the Time Reaver. But if none are going to donate to Unknowable and Numen, I will give to that project instead. It seems to be moving more quickly than the Time Reaver.
HE MUST LEAD!!

Or stand aside in Eclipse for one who will! Pick your strategy ... and either publicly or privately assemble those who will execute your strategy. A fragmented approach will surely spell our doom. And while I am content to play while the world burns :lol: I FEEL the collective mortal and deific DESIRE to save Eiran ... it compells me to help where I can.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Zephyr wrote:
O-gon-cho wrote:
The Numen wrote:Also, I believe that the fissures near Dagon's city are causing the water temperature in their area to get so hot the city is about to evacuate. So yeah, more than just interesting quirks of landscape.
Still, even a typical volcanic fissure in the ocean floor would be capable of doing such. Other than what might be an innate, mundane feature of that particular fissure, has anyone heard of any potential magical or supernatural harm done by these cracks in the earth?
Blinding white light is pouring out of a crack in the earth near one city, and an entity of fire and light which is inimical to creatures of the water realms is living in a newly formed undersea volcano, and the Shylan is cracking with Light that causes you pain, and you wonder if anyone has heard of potential harm? I think the answer is a resounding Yes. And The Unknowable and The Numen are going to attempt to figure out what to do, if any will donate power to them. Will any donate power to them? If none are going to donate to Unknowable and Numen, I will give to that project.
Again, I must be phrasing myself badly, brother.
No surprise there, but I will again try.

Our brother Dagon told us earlier...
Dagon wrote:"Rumor has it that the volcano is now the home of an entity of fire and light which is inimical to creatures of the water realms, and which will stop at nothing to destroy your underwater civilization."

Again, if anyone has any lore or knowledge of this entity, please contact me.
Rumor of an entity, son of my liege l-rd.

I am asking if anyone has heard of any potential divine harm caused by these fissures, rather than rumors. The overheating of the seas in the area around it may be the mundane effect any undersea volcano would cause. As of now, I do believe these two sources of light coming from the earth are different in origin, but have nothing to confirm that other than a hunch which I will readily admit could be completely mistaken.

However, if there is an entity which in some way is related to The World Breaker, I find it's composition of the major domain of two of the deities of this, and the Second Age's, Pantheon who he intimately interacted with to not be all that surprising.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

O-gon-cho, all of the proposed plans in the short term are to expend power discovering the nature of each of these things. It is beyond foolishness to waste time asking us what confirmed information we have before deciding if you wish to help find out the truth. We all admit that we do not know enough about these things. That is why we seek to learn more.

Why do you inisist on debating this?
Nothing rhymes with orange!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

The Numen wrote:O-gon-cho, all of the proposed plans in the short term are to expend power discovering the nature of each of these things.

They are?
Interesting.
The Numen wrote:It is beyond foolishness to waste time asking us what confirmed information we have before deciding if you wish to help find out the truth. We all admit that we do not know enough about these things. That is why we seek to learn more.

Why do you inisist on debating this?
hmm...

I wouldn't say I am debating this. I believe I am more in your camp in saying we need to learn more, unlike the Verdant One saying, " I think the answer is a resounding Yes," when asked if anyone had heard of any actual potentially divine harm outside of rumors regarding the fissures. Merely a different approach than taking the guesses of our followers as Truth.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Very well, Madadeva. I believe many of this pantheon are too apathetic to bother, but I will lead.

O-gon-cho is taking care of the Maw's Icewall. She has power being donated to her for it. Nothing further is needed with this issue for the season.

The Numen will use his power to learn how to neutralize the Midnight Armies. They are of 2nd Age Undeath, and quite different from his "flavor" of Undeath. In addition, their origin seems to have made them immune to Magic of all sorts. Thus, they are quite possibly beyond even the Numen's power to control. Still, both are Undeath, and the Numen is Knowledge as well. None could possibly expect to have more success than the Numen in learning how to best deal with them.

The Numen (using power donated to him) and the Unknowable will determine the best way to manage the Shylan's catastrophe. Madadeva and uKulwa, please give what you can to the Numen for this.

Dagon's power, of course, will go to the Leviathan for his battle with the Worm.

Simjen is working on means to save as many of Eiran's inhabitants as possible. He needs all the star metal any can give him.

Whether unwilling or unable, I do not expect anyone else to donate power to any of these projects. If I am wrong, please contact the appropriate deity.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Zephyr wrote:Very well, Madadeva. I believe many of this pantheon are too apathetic to bother, but I will lead.

Madadeva ... please give what you can to the Numen

I will satisfy your Desire master of Eclipse!

However, I suggest bolder moves might be in order. Consider some that I have proposed if this season shows too little results!

*bows with a flourish!* :biggrin:
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

All this posturing and posing. Even with the doors closing, you deities of the world still cannot make up your minds. Fuming and fussing over what could possibly be done to help Eiran before it kicks the bucket. I liked Madadeva's first idea of just throwing a party. Why not go out in a big bang!

*Cackles*
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

The pieces fall in to place, Mad One...
...although I will continue to wish for more clarity.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

What is it, Mox?
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Hm, strange. I don't remember asking to be addressed by the a child who lives in the his father's shadow.

My dear Cho, yo
u are most likely right. It is quite likely that the pieces are falling in to place. But the question is will it be the pieces you want or the pieces you deserve? Tell something my dearest O-gon-cho... Have you come to terms with the fact that it is you who brought forth the end of the previous age and the only way of saving the previous age? Even now you somehow managed to ruin the continent of Imray and you had your prophet slain? Did it ever occur to you that all that you have done, all that you have ever been a part of is the only way of the world? It is you who is the catalyst to our cataclysm. Without you, everyone would still be living and thriving in the times of the Second! None of this destruction and chaos would ever have been wrought without you. You have made the AllFather sick of this world and he has thrown it to the dogs. I hope that you are happy, dearest Cho.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Pay too much heed to this one and you will prove his title, placing yourself under his reign. As the King of Fools, so, too is he a fool. And a tool, usually to powers greater than himself.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Well, Mox's attitude toward O-gon-cho is shared by a few others, if not all, among the weary pantheon.

And
yet, I believe there are more important things! Only saving Eiran matters!! Madadeva is behaving quite nobly, I think. Another is in touch with me privately. I surely hope this will move things along.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Tho I do like Mox's idea of a party!!

:letsparty:

After I address your stated desire verdant one, will you join the party and share with us how trees get decadent?! :biggrin:
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Oh...
Dear, dear Mox.

I deal with the mistakes I made, and most likely will continue to make, every waking hour. Healing is both a blessing and a curse; it prevents me from lapsing in to despair at what I have done in spite of my best intentions, yet keeps me cognizant of what I have wrought.

I will not ask for yours or anyone elses forgiveness; I do not deny the attitude bestowed towards me by the Eirani Pantheon has been earned.

However, I will still wish in my heart that the golden Light of Healing finds a way to reBirth you to the deity of Madness I counted among my friends soon...

*bows*
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote:Oh...
Dear, dear Mox.

I deal with the mistakes I made, and most likely will continue to make, every waking hour. Healing is both a blessing and a curse; it prevents me from lapsing in to despair at what I have done in spite of my best intentions, yet keeps me cognizant of what I have wrought.

I will not ask for yours or anyone elses forgiveness; I do not deny the attitude bestowed towards me by the Eirani Pantheon has been earned.

However, I will still wish in my heart that the golden Light of Healing finds a way to reBirth you to the deity of Madness I counted among my friends soon...

*bows*
A contest then! :biggrin:

Manifest together ... pit your stength against each other! Madness full against the full power of healing!!

It would be interesting to see!!! Does the Master of Sunrise have the courage for such a challenge!?

And what of Madness? Are you mad enough to chance this encounter!? :lol:
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Madadeva wrote:A contest then! :biggrin:

Manifest together ... pit your stength against each other! Madness full against the full power of healing!!

It would be interesting to see!!! Does the Master of Sunrise have the courage for such a challenge!?

And what of Madness? Are you mad enough to chance this encounter!? :lol:
Not at this time, Madadeva.
While I realize Decadence thrives on instant gratification,
there are more important considerations at stake in this season and most likely for many to come than a battle of deities for fun.

Besides, did Mox not already prove his prowess at deific battle against the stronger Vashitva? I will not be pushed towards such when other responsibilities hang by a thread.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

What's wrong with instant gratification?!! :biggrin:
The Unknowable
Servant of the Land

Post by The Unknowable »

It has come to My attention that a great wrongness has come into being, a cancer eating into the vitals of Imray. I intend to discern as much as possible of it, and craft a means to mend this greivous wound upon the world. Should any wish to contribute of their Power, all aid is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Pantheon”