Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ok guys, there's a hidden "Rules" forum.

Click here to request membership.

Select the "Dark Ages" group and click the "request" button. Goatkiller will be able to add people to the group.

Any probs, let me know.

(And thanks GK, for naming your theads like that. Appreciate it.)

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thanks Av.
Membership requested, StoryTeller.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thanks muchly, Av. I went ahead and added all the character Avatars to the forum, as well as any Primary Avatars I knew of (Menolly, Seven Words, etc.) I got all the rules threads moved over to the hidden forum, giving us more space here. I've changed all of the current story (Giovanni Chronicles I) to be "normal" so they'll all float to the bottom of the thread list together. The Vienna story will be "sticky" and will clump together in the middle. And I'll leave all currently active threads (Giovanni or Vienna, plus OOC and the "New Players Start Here" thread) as "announcements" so they float to the top.

Anybody who read the "New Players" thread might have noticed that I tried to do a table of contents, with links to each of the underlying threads, in the order one should read them, just to make things easier.

Of course, while I was busy moving, the group of people who'd said that the forum was too confusing for them to be able to start, and for whom I wrote that whole thread, then noticed that the Harry Dresden RPG just came out, and so they're going to go play that instead. They were looking for something in modern times more than the Dark Ages. Oh well.

So, I still haven't heard from Dante or Erick in a while. I've moved their thread down into the "archive" section, though it's still unlocked and I welcome either of them to post whenever they would like to resume the story. (hint: at this point, whichever of them posts first would likely win that conflict.)

I do hear vague rumors about Johann's continued existence, but that he's away from his computer a lot right now (and really, I can only approve of someone getting a real life), so he might come back in the future. In which case, he can play in Vienna.

And finally, I noticed Lord of the Gyre hasn't posted anything to the watch since the 20th. Both for the same of his character in my game, and for the fact that he'd offered to run one or more other games here in GT, I wish him well and recovered from whatever has taken him away.

The move is going well. I again have Interwebs in the home. Most of the stuff is out of the boxes, though not necessarily in the places it will ultimately live. This afternoon, I go over to the old apartment to pack out the final few things, empty out the trash, and do a once over cleaning. After that, I turn in the keys, and we're done.

I start work again on Monday, and I expect to have that take up a fair bit of my time in the short term. There will be continued house-unpacking activities during the evenings, and we actually have some plans for a few evenings / weekends in the next couple months. But other than that, I expect to be able to resume my duties as a GT Purist now. Thanks everyone for your patience

And, in case anybody asks, there will be no experience granted this week. Between myself, Sabine, Gedeminas, and Seska being away, it doesn't seem fair to penalize people for not posting much.
Ore-sama
Servant of the Land

Post by Ore-sama »

Goatkiller666 wrote:as well as any Primary Avatars I knew of (Menolly, Seven Words, etc.)
Do I have to post with this account now?
Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

Post by Lord of the Gyre »

I'm here! I was just moving and too busy to post anywhere.
"But a moment later Kasreyn twitched. His limbs shifted. Slowly, stiffly, he climbed to his hands and knees, then to his feet. An instant ago, he had had no pulse: now his heart beat with renewed vigor. Strength flowed back into him. He turned to face the company. He was grinning like a promise of murder."

Gamemaster of Balance of Power 1936
Casper von Hausberg in Vampire: Dark Ages
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Welcome to the game, LotG!

As I told Erick when he first started, it may be easier for you to play if you create different accounts for the PC's of the games you play, or should you choose to run a game/games. This is easier to do if you use gmail for your Watch email address, as you can then add the +<username>@gmail.com modifier on to the base gmail address when you register a new account.

Besides, if Casper looks like this...
Lord of the Gyre wrote:Human Story: Casper von Hausberg is an Austrian nobleman around age 24, sent to Vienna to study diplomacy and work near his family lands. His naturally good looks and persuasive air have led to success in this endeavor. He has pale skin and medium length, tousled blond hair.
I look forward to seeing an avatar of him.
But I enjoy the one you use for LotG as well, and hope you keep it for general Watch posting, since you are not a GT Purist, B"H. ;)
Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

Hmm, sounds kind of confusing. I'll just put the avatar of Casper in the other thread.

Edit: Although from here on out, Casper is going to have dark hair. Easier to find a picture that way :P
"But a moment later Kasreyn twitched. His limbs shifted. Slowly, stiffly, he climbed to his hands and knees, then to his feet. An instant ago, he had had no pulse: now his heart beat with renewed vigor. Strength flowed back into him. He turned to face the company. He was grinning like a promise of murder."

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Madsage / Koel does the single account; seems to work pretty well for him. Honestly, I just look at the picture anyway, not the text of the name.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Yes, but Koel posts nowhere else other than Pantheon, as far as I know.

He did have a separate account for Purgatory, IIRC...
Goatkiller666 wrote:Honestly, I just look at the picture anyway, not the text of the name.
heh.
Vynarkus in 'wood must drive you crazy then. ;)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

And Gedeminas, too.

I make up for it by inventing NPCs with their own pictures, though.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Like Lore did in Requiem.
...and TWB, Halideva, and Koma.
*wracking my brain trying to think of others*
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Nope. Like Goatkiller did in Dark Ages.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Speaking of what Goatkiller did in Dark Ages... it's time for Experience.

Giovanni
Alina: 1xp
Gedeminas: 1xp
Olaf: 1xp
Sabine: 1xp
Seska: 1xp
Taduz: 1xp

Vienna
Casper: 1xp
Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

so I'll post when I get my computer working again (today or tomorrow). at a friend's house right now.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Giovanni
Gedeminas: 1xp

Vienna
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Just wanted to apologize for the slow going so far this week. Been dealing with fallout from the move, and it's burned a lot more of my time and energy than I'd expected. Tonight I'm doing more of the same, and tomorrow morning I'm flying to Dallas. Last minute trip for work. (The best part is that the customer we're visiting has already cancelled the meetings. But the tickets are non-refundable, and we'd scheduled some secondary meetings while we were in town. So it's mostly wasted, but we can't quite cancel.) I'm not sure what my availability to post will be before Friday. There's talk of a team-building dinner / drinks event somewhere in there.

In other news, Gedeminas will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. I'll try to marginalize his character without killing him, in case he can come back to us later.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Update on where my life is (when did this thread turn into a blog?): everything is unpacked now. We have almost all of the new stuff we need to buy. Just need some shelves in the linen closet. Got some other stuff I need to cart off, and then we can get down to the minor stuff like arranging the nick-knacks on the shelves, and alphabetizing the books.

Work is once again getting busy. Mostly, I like that... it's been kinda crappy having little to do. On the other hand, it prevents me from posting at work, except for OOC chatter here and there.

Sabine and I are going to Vancouver, B.C. this coming weekend to see Cirque de Soleil's Kooza. And we're going to Ashland, OR to see a bunch of shows on the weekend of the 10th. From there, I fly directly to Detroit for a customer visit all week, and then back home for another weekend trip with Sabine. But, other than all that, I don't expect any other issues with my accessibility.

So, since I wasn't posting, some people didn't get a chance to post this week in response. That makes it a bit weird to decide how to award XP. Part of me wants to, as I've done in the past, not award XP at all. But since most everybody posted, and others IM'd me to ask that I post sooner... I guess I shouldn't penalize everybody else for my own slacking.

Giovanni

Vienna

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Note to self: do NOT try to do combat in a room with 13 NPCs. Pain in the ass to deal with that many things going on at once. Punish Taduz for instigating all this. (Yes, I'm pretty sure Olaf would have made the attempt anyway. I should punish him, too.)

I realized that I needed to spend a little more time on Vienna before I can make the next post there. But not tonight. I needs must sleep, afore I mayest think clearly enough to handle that.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Dunno if GK is going to want to bother with all the NPCs to run in this battle, but the sequence got a bit out of order as a FYI to anyone a bit lost.

Should have been:

Amisa removes Theophania's arm
Sabine goes for Gabrin
Olaf latches on
Alina talks to Casmir
Taduz talks to M.
Seska says the bit about tempers
Marchettus goes up and frenzies
Gabrin swings and misses
Other people pop upstairs

Here things get fuzzy:

(Amisa talks about watching and listening?)
(Sabine ???)
(Olaf wants to do what GK said?)

(Alina and I need to react to whatever actually happens.)
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Sure, blame me.

You put 13 lower than us generation vampires in a room with a bunch of people who see it as a baker's dozen, and are surprised when this happens?
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”