Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If there's one thing being gay has taught me - closeted fags will say just about anything to convince themselves they're not gay.
Lt. Commander Zarkov
<i>Elohim</i>
Location: En route to Prethian, Koronus Expanse, Segmentum Obscurus. 816.M41

Post by Lt. Commander Zarkov »

Back in business. Sorry for the delay, am on holiday and internet access is...not so good. I plan to write another post addressing Malachi (timewise right after my first) and post it in the next 24 hours.
Venerate the Immortal Emperor, revere his Holy name. Praise the Omnissiah, for the Machine Spirit protects.

Suffer not the Alien.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Lt. Commander Zarkov wrote:Back in business. Sorry for the delay, am on holiday and internet access is...not so good. I plan to write another post addressing Malachi (timewise right after my first) and post it in the next 24 hours.
No problem. Will hold off from replying until you do.

EDIT:

Re:
Lt. Commander Zarkov wrote:
[Forbidden Lore/Perception...Didn't want to be blatant with this. Does Zarkov recognise that Helmont was addressing a Dark God (Tzeentch, or one of his avatars, but theres no way Zarkov would know that) and does he make the connection between the artifact, the decaying area, the monstrosity, and the bird/reptile things in the corridor? How sure is he that this is the work of chaos, in other words. This will effect my next post and how he addresses Malachi.]
Zarkov would probably have never heard the word 'Tzeentch', or any other name for a Chaos God. However, you did succeed nicely in a test there, so Zarkov understands enough to suspect that the artefact, the vines, the faces he saw in them, the monstrosity and the bloated insects are quite possibly the result of the taint of the Ruinous Powers. The artefact seems the source.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Right finally back on GT after a looooong absence.

Now to remember all my passwords...
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

W00t! Malachi is back. I'd thought you were going to drop from the game. Most excellent to see you, sir.
Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

So, this weekend, I'm at SteamCon. Saw some works by an artist, James Ng. The one above both struck me as awesome and inspired in me an urge to write a story about one of Andrea's illustrious Chan ancestors. Give me about a month for classes to be done, and I'll post it up here.

(Sorry if the sizing is off. The iPhone is not excellent at large posts.)
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That's a great piece of art.

I'm just waiting on Zarkov, Garrius, and DK to post before moving things along. As I am very keen to move this along ASAP, I will do so at mid-week, even if the players haven't been able to post. Regarding Garrius's choice, I will make a 60/40 roll (40% chance he accepts the offer).
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

I am still planning on dropping. I just wanted to finish up the Exodus chapter before letting Montresor do whatever he wants with Malachi. :)
Ezra
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Well, that's right nice of you.
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Montressor Pm'd
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks for all those who have been able to post. I will update and close all threads tonight. If I have time, I will award XP and, hopefully, start the new thread of the campaign.

We have a new player joining us. I will leave it up to them to introduce themselves when the new thread begins. However, as this new section will be run and presented in a slightly different fashion, interactions may at first be minimal. This probably suits the new character's concept.

Although, I must also say that - due to Garrius's decision - the opening of this new thread may be a little more like what we have seen so far. In order to keep things moving and to advance the campaign, I will be enforcing fairly strict 72 limits for opportunities to reply. If players have difficulties meeting these, please just let me know.

Ore-sama
Servant of the Land

Post by Ore-sama »

Montresor wrote:We have a new player joining us. I will leave it up to them to introduce themselves when the new thread begins. However, as this new section will be run and presented in a slightly different fashion, interactions may at first be minimal. This probably suits the new character's concept.
Hi everyone. I'll be playing Salt. We haven't figured out where she fits. That's part of the fun.
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Im going away tomorrow and wont be getting back till sunday and will probably be shattered when i get back, so if I am absent you understand why
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Andrea speaks aloud, in the shuttle trip home. To nobody in particular. "Only the people in this shuttle would know otherwise, if we were to tell the ship that Garrius Amphael died during the attack. Of course, he'd have to actually be dead. But the details of exactly how would be unknown."

She turns to Garrius and smiles. "Of course, I'm making a very unfunny joke, at your expnse, my Lord." But then she catches the eye of Peraton over Garrius' shoulder, and makes the prescribed gesture. Gabriel and Julient turn away. They wouldn't agree to take part in the assassination, but at least Andrea and Peraton could buy their silence in the matter.

Peraton's poisoned dagger slides through Garrius' dress jacket, barely drawing blood before the Lord-Captain knocks it out of his hand. And even as the noxious mixture slowed him, it was clear that Garrius was a true son of the Amphaels. Peraton fought only defensively, and still Garrius managed to knock the man down and nearly blind him before he lost the strength to stand. But all of the action only sped him towards his death, and by the time Peraton could stand and deliver several childish kicks to his fallen Captain, Garrius was beyond his ability to torture.

Andrea pulled a pistol from a storage compartment on the shuttle, went forward, and shot the shuttle's pilot. He'd seen Garrius enter the shuttle; he could not be allowed to share that tale. The man never knew what hit him, and she struggled to pull his body out of the control chair so Peraton could fly them the rest of the way home. She shot up the pilot's body further, so that it would look like he'd died in combat, clearly a hero.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Hahaha! I'm at a loss as to what to say to that!
Garrius Amphael wrote:Im going away tomorrow and wont be getting back till sunday and will probably be shattered when i get back, so if I am absent you understand why
No problem. For the very start of the next section, we will have to assume that Garrius is sleeping in his quarters. Or perhaps I should have him visiting one of the convoy ships?

I think you'll hate me for either of those decisions, but I'm sure StoneMagnet will be happy.

Lt. Commander Zarkov
<i>Elohim</i>
Location: En route to Prethian, Koronus Expanse, Segmentum Obscurus. 816.M41

Post by Lt. Commander Zarkov »

I was just going to ask where I was going to fit in the morale check of the ship, after somehow evading Heale's men, returning to the ship, showering several times, sleeping etc. i'll be available tonight to post/msn etc.
Venerate the Immortal Emperor, revere his Holy name. Praise the Omnissiah, for the Machine Spirit protects.

Suffer not the Alien.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Lt. Commander Zarkov wrote:I was just going to ask where I was going to fit in the morale check of the ship, after somehow evading Heale's men, returning to the ship, showering several times, sleeping etc. i'll be available tonight to post/msn etc.
Just let me know of an intended course of action in the Footfall thread while it's still open, and I'll see what effect you can realistically have.

Malachi
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Malachi »

Aaand scene.

Thanks guys, for a fun time... especially Montresor for putting in the amazing effort while working on a PhD!
Ezra
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

You're welcome. I'm sorry to lose you as a player, but it was fun while it lasted.

A note to all other players - please PM me any XP expenses you wish to make, or post it in the Footfall thread before I close it.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Stone, every time I read a post by Zarkov, I see the bar get raised just a smidge higher. You managed to make "I'm home, I'm tired, I need a shower" into high art. Mad props, boy.

Also, for those with a certain moral flexibility, I have discovered the Interweb location of what is claimed to be the complete set of Warhammer 40k role-playing books. Dark Heresy (including a bunch of supplements), Rogue Trader (more supplements), and Deathwatch (with a few supplements).

I will not share, because that would be illegal. Just thought I'd tell you that I have it, so I can say neener neener neener.

Return to “Rogue Trader”