Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

JazFusion wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:
JazFusion wrote:Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is my addiction of choice.

I love Ezio.
I've still never played an Assassin's Creed game. Hmm.
The first Assassin's Creed was good, but I still think you should start with the second one. Of course, I am completely biased since the Renaissance and Italy are my favorite time period and country ever.

If you do start with the second one, read up on the Wiki entry for the first one.

I'm going to be typing up a rather long entry on Name/Job/Bye about my love for Assassin's Creed soon.

Plus, in AC 2 all the cities are modeled exactly as how historians speculate they would have looked like. In Firenze you can scale the Il Duomo and Basilica Santa Croce; in Venice you can run across the Grand Canal (though not so grand because it's the 15th century). You're an ally of Lorenzo de Medici. Leonardo Da Vinci helps make inventions for you. Machiavelli is another of your allies, as is Caterina Sforza. The Borgias are your sworn enemies.

So what are you waiting for it? Buy it! It's amazing.
Recommendation semi-taken. I'm the type of person who likes to start at the beginning of a series, and when you add to that tendency the cheapness of the original Assassin's Creed it makes sense to start there. I do this even though I've been proved wrong before (Far Cry 2 is great but Far Cry 1 isn't worth bothering with). If I think AC1 is ok, then presumably I'll enjoy the superior AC2 even more.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Been playing Silent Hill 4: The Room on Xbox after finding it in a bargain bin. I am not easily freaked, but playing this in a dark room in an empty house left me scared to go to the bathroom in case there was a big creepy tunnel in the wall.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

I've started a replay of Baldur's Gate. Someone please help me.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

I've stopped all progress on ASC Brotherhood and am playing FF8 over again.

Yes, I am insane.

I've forgotten how much I like this game.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

CovenantJr wrote:If I think AC1 is ok, then presumably I'll enjoy the superior AC2 even more.
I haven't played the 2nd one, but I did love the first one. (Except for the ending, but if you've got the 2nd one handy, that won't be a problem.)

--A
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

CovenantJr wrote:If I think AC1 is ok, then presumably I'll enjoy the superior AC2 even more.
I haven't played the 2nd one, but I did love the first one. (Except for the ending, but if you've got the 2nd one handy, that won't be a problem.)

--A
Well, Assassin's Creed seems fun enough. The first part was dull, but once I got to Damascus I started to enjoy it. I can imagine it wearing thin after a while though, since it's basically the same couple of tasks repeated. I'm already starting to tire of saving people from guards.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

CovenantJr wrote:

--A
Well, Assassin's Creed seems fun enough. The first part was dull, but once I got to Damascus I started to enjoy it. I can imagine it wearing thin after a while though, since it's basically the same couple of tasks repeated. I'm already starting to tire of saving people from guards.
That was my only complaint about the first one. The second is much better.

But the parts with Desmond still suck.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Awwww NO! I thought we might be rid of Desmond for the sequel. That whole thing seems completely unnecessary. Why not just make the game about the assassin? Bah!
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Yeeeeeeeah. That would make the most sense, no? Unfortunately, they are avid about this storyline. And in Brotherhood, you can even check your e-mail!

But despite the Desmond parts, it's an excellent game. I promise!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm losing patience with AC1. I've reached what seems to be the last round of assassinations, and it's becoming a real hassle to just walk around thanks to the combination of hair-triiger guards and a proliferation of those guys who shove you for no reason.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Just bought Magicka off Steam for $9.99. It's a decent little action-adventure, with quirky graphics & humor. It should entertain me for at least a month or two.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Playstation network was having a 1/2 price sale on the better rated downloadables of 2011, so I picked up the sequel to Deathspank and Costume Quest. Also, I noticed Rock Band 2 was extra cheap for the PS3 at Gamestop, so I picked that up as well. I had it for the PS2, but I don't think I've even turned that on since getting the PS3.

But mainly, I'm still playing Rock Band 3. I'm getting better on the pro-guitar to where I can do the Easy mode (one string at a time plucking) at nearly 5 stars each time now. Next I progress on to chords once I go through the songs one more time.

So far, Deathspank is essentially the same, but with guns and such, while Costume Quest is funny and entertaining with a bland fighting system. It kinda reminds me of playing Okage: Shadow King, which was another game that was entertaining outside of the actual battles.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

I traded in a few things and got that fitness game for the Kinect. I will let you know if/when I survive.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Back to Oblivion. I want to continue my replay of Morrowind, but I need to retrieve my old Xbox from my mum's house for that (my save file is on the old Xbox, and as far as I know there's no way to transfer data to a 360). So in the meantime it's Oblivion.
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Playing the new MMO "Rift". I was invited to play the Beta. It's pretty amazing. They're patterning after WoW (which makes sense because, if you're going to create an MMO, why not learn from the best) but they learn from a few of WoW's mistakes. The storyline is amazing, much better than WoW imho. Anyway.... check it out. It's a genuinely good MMO and will give WoW a run for its money, I think.
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

CovenantJr wrote:Back to Oblivion. I want to continue my replay of Morrowind, but I need to retrieve my old Xbox from my mum's house for that (my save file is on the old Xbox, and as far as I know there's no way to transfer data to a 360). So in the meantime it's Oblivion.
Funny, I've been craving to play that lately. Have you seen anything about Skyrim yet? Super freaking pumped for that game. Possibly even more than Dragon Age II.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

JazFusion wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:Back to Oblivion. I want to continue my replay of Morrowind, but I need to retrieve my old Xbox from my mum's house for that (my save file is on the old Xbox, and as far as I know there's no way to transfer data to a 360). So in the meantime it's Oblivion.
Funny, I've been craving to play that lately. Have you seen anything about Skyrim yet? Super freaking pumped for that game. Possibly even more than Dragon Age II.
I haven't seen much about it. Mainly I'm curious as to how all the mechanics are going to work. Morrowind and Oblivion were quite different, and I wonder whether Skyrim will be like one or the other, or something different again.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I played the Rift beta for a couple of days over the weekend. It has a helluva lot in common with WoW, but isn't quite as polished, which is understandable when WoW is 6 years old and recently did a full overhaul of the oldest content using everything they learned on the way. The dynamic events were an interesting idea, but could get annoying. And the class system has so much option and variety it'll be a nightmare to balance.

Ultimately, it wouldn't make me switch. WoW just does it too well for me to be drawn away by a new game, even if they do improve on a couple of elements.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I suppose it's time to play Lair on PS3 at long last, since my Xbox packed up a little while ago. For the next week or two I'm going to be on a limited gaming diet. To be fair, it'll probably be good for me.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

The Dragon Age II demo has me salivating.

Return to “PC & Console Games”