Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

"Um...
"Ooookaaay...
"No-one touch that trapdoor. Destroying that last alter trapped it, and the spell on it would probably kill us all if we set it off.
"We probably need to go through there next. One option is destroying it from a distance. The spell can only affect people within 40 ft., so we should be fine if we get rid of it from a further away than that.. "
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"Is there no way for Led to disable the trap from a distance or without setting it off?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"What type of trap, is it an esplodey trap, a spelly-death trap? What type of spelly-death?"

"If spelly, can't Sigrid dispel it? If esplodey, throw something onto it until it's 'nuff make it go up. If it's touchy to make it go up, we have bodies back there of Bad Demons, toss those onto it until it goes up. Kitty should be strong enough to toss em."

"I dunno bout Leddycat, but I gotta be touching stuff to unmake traps."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik looks thoughtful, before contributing, "Given that Vynarkus has discerned the range limit on the trap on the door, we have various means at our disposal to strike from a greater range, why not simply demolish the door?"
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

"Well, that was my first suggestion..."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

SKyseeker drolly replies, "And now it has been seconded....I'll make it three."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna thinks briefly, then said "I like that idea, Trina. Led, you and I could probably hurl a demon body at it in a game of magical horseshoes. Whether it's fire or a death spell, with our strength, we could get far enough back from it to trigger it without, you know, dying horribly."
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

"It's a death spell. It's very simple: when it goes off, everyone within 40', or 60' if its been expanded, dies.
"I could just blast it, you know. I have more than enough range, and that way you don't have to exhaust yourselves throwing stuff at it."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"I kind of want to see them try. Although we should probably get out of here and make sure we have enough time to rest again before the dragon shows up."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"Are we certain there is only one trap on this door? Is it possible there may be another one with a greater range? Something mundane that Vyn's Detect Magic failed to pick up?

"But if so, how far would we need to stand back?

"Perhaps we should have Vyn blast it, since he does have the greatest range of destructive power..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

"There are no other spell traps. I'm certain of that.
"There could be a mundane trap, but I don't think it's possible to make one that can both reach further out and be guaranteed to be aimed at the right spot. Still, if either Led or Katrina could look for one without touching the door, that could be useful. I doubt they could disable one without setting off the spell, but if there is one, they should be able to tell us where it's aimed."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Vynarkus wrote:"There could be a mundane trap, but I don't think it's possible to make one that can both reach further out and be guaranteed to be aimed at the right spot."
"What about poison gas or something similar? Could that reach us at the limit of your blast range?"

The bard looks around at the party. "Does anyone have the ability to purify the air or our surroundings if such is needed?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"We're over-thinking this. Blast it."
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

After moving everyone out of the room, just in case, Vynarkus begins blasting away at the door until it fails, switching between ordinary and Brimstone blasts each round.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The second blast demolishes the door. Judging by the sounds, there is a fairly spacious area below.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

*whew*

As the warlock gathers himself from expending energy on the door, the bard cautiously makes her way towards the now open entrance and looks over the edge down below.

[ooc]Spot, Search, Listen, all Knowledge checks with Collector of Stories, plus whatever I'm not thinking of please[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali cloaks herself in darkness once more. The elfin-sized shadow carefully makes her way to the edge of the trap door to see what lies below and to look for any signs of guards.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(Are there stairs leading down or just a drop?)
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Below can be seen a large corridor...there is a chain ladder attached which can be lowered, as the distance down is 25'...the corridor is 15' wide, and runs North/south. Faint sounds come from the southern direction.

*rolling Listen checks, will PM info*
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali slips back to the party and keeping her voice very low, informs them, "North-south passage, chain ladder down. Sounds like a Glabrezu in the south passage, though I don't know if anything is with it. Highly magic resistant and will be able to see through magical concealment."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”