Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

I'm not growing claws!

Oh, and I'm not going to draw any cards. At least, not at the moment.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

I grew claws?
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

i need a declaration, now, if drawing or not. and if so, how many. now or never, please.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Separating the OOC from the player sucks. I know this is stupid. I'm likely to lose my character right as I'm obtaining the things I've always wanted. Quite likely to invalidate the RP post about Vhashik I'm still working on.

Kali draws two. (3) and (13) for my number pick.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

Hi. Sigrid is busy mooning over Anna. She's nearly useless right now. So I'll talk about what she wants to buy.

Handy Haversack. 2000
Hellcat Gauntlets (from the Magic Item Compendium). 3,200
Ring of Spell Battle (from the Magic Item Compendium). 12,000
Impervious Vestement (from Magic Item Compendium). 34,000
Wand of Dispel Magic. 50,000

Everybody benefits from the wand. You should all donate money for the cause. If you each give 10,000 gold trees, she'll buy two of them, instead.

She's going to buy me stuff too! I won't be naked anymore.

Leather armor +5. 70,000
We took the skin of the Nessian Hound. So this is very pretty, with dark fur accents. It doesn't burn. It weighs more than I do. :)

She will turn her new staff into a holy symbol, so she doesn't have to carry her mace anymore. She has too much to carry. Two rods, a staff, several wands.

She'll become an Enigma. WINGS! (No claws.) She has to cast the Miracle from the scroll, but it's worth it.

She would like to claim the Ring of Chameleon Power, please. It will hide the wings, so people don't stare. It's rude to stare.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Ooh, wings. :biggrin:

OOC: Apparently, I have a huge-ass misconception on what you all look like. In my head Vyn is a human warlock that happens to fly. Laurel is a human bard, brown hair, likes cats. Sky is a elven warrior chick. Merrick was a huge armor-clad paladin guy.

Led is a big-ass centaur-looking thing that instead of being equine, he looks like a half-lion thing with very feline features, but still human-ish looking.

I thought kali sort of looked elven-ish, but was winged and had a big metal glove with spiky claw-looking things (which is why she got grouped into the "claw" comment). I may be wrong about that. I was sort of picturing a dark fairy kind of creature.

Sigrid is tiny and lovely and ethereal, sort of dainty and otherworldly.

And Trina appears to be the one I was most wrong about. I thought she was maybe five feet tall and very small and compact human who somehow had the ability to make herself disappear into the shadows (I was picturing sort of a dark swirly smoke kind of thing)...she's got claws?

Oh, and if you're curious, Anna is mostly human, with a bit of point to her ears and tallish and muscular. Long dark hair. I didn't realize it until recently, but think Xena: Warrior Princess. *shrug*
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

...Um, where is the price of the Wand of Dispell magic from? If Seven decided that's how much it should cost, I can't argue, but the prices I can see are 12K and 23K, depending on if you go with the base caster level of 5 or the upgraded one of 10.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Annalysei wrote: And Trina appears to be the one I was most wrong about. I thought she was maybe five feet tall and very small and compact human who somehow had the ability to make herself disappear into the shadows (I was picturing sort of a dark swirly smoke kind of thing)...she's got claws?
That was how I appeared to almost all of you, if you remember Kali began ranting about my appearance and you ignored her.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Kali rants a lot.

(Actually, I have the attention span of a goldfish. I misread horribly, apparently. I have small children. They do that to you.)
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Vynarkus wrote:
Led Pighp wrote:So, we each get the equivalent of 183,504.286 gold pieces out of this. Time to go shopping.
May I make a suggestion? If anyone wants to buy anything that they don't mind letting the party know they have, have Vyn do it. Diplomacy is used for haggling, and he now has a +29 in it, even before he puts on the Cloak of Charisma and gets it upgraded (one of the things I want to do, should cost 20,000 according to the basic prices...).

~~edit~~
Hey! I just realized! Once I put on the Cloak of Charisma, I'll have a high enough Diplomacy bonus to succeed on a Difficulty 50 check (with a roll of 18, or 17 once I upgrade it), which would let me make Helpful NPCs into Fanatics! Can I, Seven?
Keep in mind that cloak is not yours yet, and you may be asking too much from the DM.

My understanding is the cloak will be more beneficial to either Sigrid as a Sorcerer or me as it will not only up DC but grant more spells per day as well. I also know I will lose out on bonus spells when I hit 5th level at the rate I am increasing charisma. The cloak will help me regain them so I am not shortened.
Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:Separating the OOC from the player sucks. I know this is stupid. I'm likely to lose my character right as I'm obtaining the things I've always wanted. Quite likely to invalidate the RP post about Vhashik I'm still working on.

Kali draws two. (3) and (13) for my number pick.
Yeah, since I had no real idea what this was, I have personally really taken this warning to heart. But...

Laurel is a follower of Cerana. She wears a pair of dice around her neck. There has been a mixed draw and a good draw. With my typical luck, I expect to draw badly. Hopefully Laurel's luck is better than mine...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

It will boost DCs. It will boost Diplomacy, Bluff, and all other Charisma based skills (more useful for me there). It will give you bonus spells (more useful for you). It will boost my saves, AC, and attack (more useful for me).

With just these things, it may be slightly more useful for one of you two to have it. However, if I can find a way around the Wisdom damage I take when using a Ring of Spell Storing, I can boost everyone's saves, AC, and attack by my Charisma modifier, not just my own. That makes it far more useful in my hands than in anyone else's.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Yeah, but turning nice NPCs into zombie thralls that worship us sounds useful, but not much fun. Just sayin' *shrug*
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Vynarkus wrote:With just these things, it may be slightly more useful for one of you two to have it. However, if I can find a way around the Wisdom damage I take when using a Ring of Spell Storing, I can boost everyone's saves, AC, and attack by my Charisma modifier, not just my own. That makes it far more useful in my hands than in anyone else's.
That's a pretty big if. Has the DM given you any sign he will allow a work around that affect of the marid's?
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Give it to Sigrid or Laurel unless you for sure have gotten around the damage.

Otherwise it's speculation and minor self buffs VS for sure more spells which will buff the group.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

...Um, so, you were looking at the fanatic part?

I'm not even allowed to do that until Epic level anyway. Seven told me that. I was mainly thinking that 1 extra first and 2nd level spell per day is not as useful as an extra +2 to the entire party's attacks, saves, and AC.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel used to look like a half-elf, but with a dark elf parent, which gave her a greyish complexion and black hair. Unlike the dark elves we've encountered, she has no signs of fungal growth, so her skin is not splotchy. With the wish granted by the Marid, she emerged from the flames appearing as an elf, but her complexion stayed the same.

What might be confusing you is she has a power which engulfs her weapon, and now her, in shadows. In this form she has sprouted shadowy wings for limited periods. In the big battle prior to entering the tower she had used disguise and quaffed several potions to make the enemy forces believe she was a succubus to sow confusion. (On top of a Natural 20 on my disguise roll, which is my best skill.)
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Heh, apparently she sowed confusion exceptionally well.

And thank you for the clarification. :D
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Vynarkus wrote:I was mainly thinking that 1 extra first and 2nd level spell per day is not as useful as an extra +2 to the entire party's attacks, saves, and AC.
Bonus 5th level spells versus an unlikely party-wide buff? I lean towards the bonus spells.

Well, you can put the stuff in rings, however I can promise you're not going to find a work-around for granting everyone that kind of power. Not without a nasty drawback. It's not like the cloak is forever grafted to one of them, either.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I withdraw my bid on the bracers.

I still want in on rings, toss my acid resist ring into the pool, or for Sorchat.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

As far as loot, I'm going to buff up my existing armor and weapon (thanks, nice Elves!) and I've got a lovely new ring (Thank you, Sigrid! is its use a free action, anyone?) and my super-awesome cloak, so as long as I get some potions, I'm pretty happy. I WOULD like the book of exercise, though.

Anna walks over to Led and hands him a small pouch with 72,000 coins. It has a lovely floppy pink satin bow on it.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”