Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"You're going to make me enchant the carpet to repel dirt, aren't you?"

Prestidigitation to clean the 'prime muck' off my carpet. Again. Then I activate Sacred Healing. [Heal 45hp over 5 rounds.]

"Maybe I can enchant a healing aura on the carpet, too?"

[Knowledge (religion) & Heal check to notice that Kalindriel took positive energy damage?]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[She is sitting in the muck. Still has a few rounds of being dazed. How far she is from the carpet may come into play in a moment.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[She's still wearing the ring. She's sitting on the muck. Clean.]
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[She has to be thinking about it to work, doesn't she? If she's all dazey then she's no thinky about it.]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[It's for walking, not getting blasted out of mid-teleport like a bat out of Hell.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Seven says the ring works.]

I don't like all of this dirt on my love nest.

I sit on the cushion by the table, and start to chant. I put my hands on the carpet itself.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

"Oh no. She's going to be doing this for a while. She's really making the carpet clean itself."

"Maybe six hours?"

I fly down to Kali. I recline on her belly.

Such nice pillows I have, until she wakes up.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks at the... substance in the water. "That's probably like the fungus, isn't it?"

He re-orients himself on the carpet again. "Okay, let's get out of here." Return to the carpet. [It's at least a 3hr hike. That's halfway through Sigrid's stupid enchantment.]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The ring works on WATER...not muck. She went splat.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Running, running, running.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Returning to the rug! Follow that Kitty!
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The night passes uneventfully....Sigrid finishes her enchantments upon the carpet.

As morning comes, distinguishable only by a slight increase in dim, wan light, a series of strange colored flashes occurs (given current facing, approximately 8 oclock...since you have no idea where any of the cardinal directions lie.)

Amidst the flashes, which last a total of perhaps fifteen seconds, a faint outline is briefly visible..an upthrust column....could be a simple rock formation, like a needle..mayhap a tower...some colossal tree denuded of branches....
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led climbs to the highest part of a tree, near (but below) where the carpet is flying. He watches the flashing light intently, until the flashes fade.

"Ah-HA!" he shouts, to nobody in particular.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Fly up below the kitty, bat at his tail while he's climbing.

At his exclamation "What's new Leddycat?"
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

When I'm done fixing the carpet, I cast cure spells to recharge the staff. Then I pray to the Unknowable. Then I cast Resonating Bolt into the wand.

I cast Status for the night.
In the morning, my sorceress spells refresh.
I cast Status for the day.
I cast Augury to ask "Is there danger if I Consecrate part of the Darkwood?" I'm worried that the spell will cause a backlash or an alarm.

The next morning we wake up in the tent, except for Led and 'Trina. There are lots of girls here, but I'm cuddled up with Anna. I see the flashes outside, and hear Led's stupid roaring and 'Trina's little girl voice.

In a quieter voice, I say to Anna, Sorchat, Kali, and Skyseeker, "I can cast Divination to ask the Unknowable 'How can we safely leave the Darkwood?' I can cast Sending to tell the elves where we are. I can cast Commune to get additional advice from the Unknowable on how to get home. I can summon a Greater Planar Ally to help us travel back. Maybe I could summon water genies, but they might be hurt by the corruption here. Or fire genies?"

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (33/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic| Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (8/8) |Sorc 3 (8/8) |Sorc 4 (5/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  3/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

"Oh, Fire Genies. They might be my cousins."

I say to Kali, "You'd like Efreeti."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(sorry, ladies and menz. Life was interrupting my play time)

I say to Sigrid,"what about asking the unknowable what our next step should be?"
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I could do that, too."
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I'm very sad. Tears of cold blue flame leak from my eyes.

"No efretti?"

I try Summon Mephit. Maybe I'll get one of my mephit cousins.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Little 'Trina. Did you see the tower in the flashes there? That's the center of the Darkwood." Led turns away from where the flashes were. "And THAT way is the way out."
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”