How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Sorus, I got some of the short fingerless gloves at the dollar store, bought the rest of what they had except the rattiest two pairs. I'll bring you two pairs tomorrow. They are warmer than our striped ones but again, only wrist length so no forearm warming.
8O

How long, in inches, do you want 'em? Fingerless gloves or just plain arm warmers? And what color?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

black is the accepted color, metallica patterns if you can swing it, up to the freaking elbow. I love you ali. Seriously, I love you.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Sorus wrote:That's awesome. I need a holiday. Not sure what an 'identity interview' is, but it sounds rather ominous. Have a great time.
Because I'm applying for my first adult passport, I have to go to the passport office ofr a 30 minute interview so they can determine I'm really who I say I am. This is in addition to checking documents like my birth certificate. Not sure what kind of questions to expect.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Murrin wrote:
Sorus wrote:That's awesome. I need a holiday. Not sure what an 'identity interview' is, but it sounds rather ominous. Have a great time.
Because I'm applying for my first adult passport, I have to go to the passport office ofr a 30 minute interview so they can determine I'm really who I say I am. This is in addition to checking documents like my birth certificate. Not sure what kind of questions to expect.
Wow, ten years ago it was all done by mail. I would bring lots of documentation because you never know what they'll ask for. Every school and immunization and baptismal record you can carry.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:black is the accepted color, metallica patterns if you can swing it, up to the freaking elbow. I love you ali. Seriously, I love you.
Can't have you guys freezing on the job, after all. It won't be 'til after New Year's that you'll get 'em -- I'm making myself a pair of gloves at the moment -- but I'll see what I can do. 8)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

deer of the dawn wrote:
Murrin wrote:
Wow, ten years ago it was all done by mail. I would bring lots of documentation because you never know what they'll ask for. Every school and immunization and baptismal record you can carry.
The guide actually says not to bring documentation to the interview, that part is sent in the post with the application.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Like this Ali...

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hmmm...maybe. I'll have to get out the graph paper...

EZ Board Survivor

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

You stretched the forum sideway! :P
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cambo wrote:Sorus, these are the no-shit verbatim lyrics of a Christmas song they are playing at my work (to be heard in cheesy Spanish accent):
Aye aye aye it's Christmas and I don't know what to do
Aye aye aye it's Christmas and I have no gift for you
I can get you aye aye aye
All you need is aye aye aye
Come and get some aye aye aye
On this Christmas night!
8O :lol:
O.o Ouch. Amusing the first time at least, or just painful?
Murrin wrote:Because I'm applying for my first adult passport, I have to go to the passport office ofr a 30 minute interview so they can determine I'm really who I say I am. This is in addition to checking documents like my birth certificate. Not sure what kind of questions to expect.
30 minutes? Holy hell. I'm still going across town to get my mail because I can't sufficiently prove my existence to a closer post office.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I just want to say for the record that 100lb. glossy coverstock packs one hell of a nasty bite AND if you get bitten on your fingerprint pad on the end of the index/pointer finger of your left hand, just between the fat part and the tip it takes a long time to stop bleeding, six band aid replacements to be exact AND there happens to be a very sensitive nerve center just at that spot AND that spot just happens to be where your finger makes contact with the keyboard keys when typing. I highly recommend avoiding this type of injury as though it were the plague and Sorus, you are never allowed to touch the glossy cover stock just to be on the safe side. I spent the rest of my work day watching the looks on the faces of customers as I handed them the receipt and they saw the band aid, the one that finally didn't soak through but managed to sport a big dark red blood blossom visible through the plastic band aid backing.

When the injury occurred, I managed to stay calm. I know I flinched hard and set the customer's prints on the counter and said, "I'll be right back, I think I need a band aid. He was very upset and worried about me being ok and I kept assuring him that I was fine and that when you work with paper all day long, paper related cuts are inevitable. He still remained worried though since I had to change the band aid twice before I finished binding his master's thesis and then headed back for another one right after I finished ringing him up on the register.

I hope everyone is having an injury free day.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

welp i am officially gainfully employed as of today! went to home depot today to fill out the w-4s and get oriented. :D it was fun and the atmosphere is very friendly and everyone i met seems very cool and i think i'm going to enjoy it! :D

i love power tools! woot!! :D
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Re Canned Muzak at Store

What you need to look out for is the H.P.Lovecraft Historical Society Christmas Album A Very Scary Solstice

www.cthulhulives.org/Solstice/index.html
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

lucimay wrote:i love power tools! woot!! :D
More power! :grunt: :grunt: :grunt:
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

lucimay wrote:i love power tools! woot!! :D
It's just an extension of your love of vibrators. 220 on the money, honey!

I kid. I'm a kidder. :D

Please don't hit me.

And congrats!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats, luci! Did I do the nanaparty before? Can't remember and I can't be bothered to look, and anyhow there's nothing wrong with another nanaparty!
:nanaparty:

Jenn -- Just in case I can't get the design to work, I'm looking for black yarn with a metallic streak through it. ;) I found some in acrylic online, but was hoping for wool because it's warmer. (If either of y'all is allergic to wool, speak up now...)

EZ Board Survivor

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Congrats on the job LUCI!!!!

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lucimay wrote:welp i am officially gainfully employed as of today! went to home depot today to fill out the w-4s and get oriented. :D it was fun and the atmosphere is very friendly and everyone i met seems very cool and i think i'm going to enjoy it! :D

Woot! Grats, grats, grats and I hope it continues to be fun. Power tools are awesome. Hardware-type stores are one of the few places I actually enjoy shopping.
aliantha wrote:Jenn -- Just in case I can't get the design to work, I'm looking for black yarn with a metallic streak through it. Wink I found some in acrylic online, but was hoping for wool because it's warmer. (If either of y'all is allergic to wool, speak up now...)
Aww... I do freight, so I can't has nice things. Nice things get torn and dirty. Also have learned my lesson about being a good drone and conforming to the dress code, though gloves aren't actually mentioned in the dress code since most stores have heat. I'm sure they will be awesome, and I will admire Jenn's.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Congrats LuciMay. :D

--A
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

lucimay wrote:welp i am officially gainfully employed as of today! went to home depot today to fill out the w-4s and get oriented. :D it was fun and the atmosphere is very friendly and everyone i met seems very cool and i think i'm going to enjoy it! :D

Congratulations! What department will you be in?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”