Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(ooc: Well, that sucked. Should I cast something else? HALP. Wait, since this thing is uh, demonic, and I have holy on my flail, does that do anything? Asking in forum rather than PM for groupthink and I know Seven is super busy with the working and the kids and whatnot.)
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[Just gonna have to keep pounding away at it, or else hope for a sign from above...]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Holy means your weapon is "good". As a demon, it's "evil". You do a small bit of extra damage to it.

But, if Siggy's spell works out the way I hope... I'll crush the thing to the ground with my ginormous kitty butt.

Led: "Guess what?"
Babar: "What?"
Led: "Kitty butt!"
Babar: "I am defeated!"
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Oops. missed the holy. editing in anther 2d6 of damage per hit....I forget..Anna, did you get the links modified to mutli-metals? if so, you beat the DR, and further edit is required....
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Yes, you said I could have silver but not silver and mithril...
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

"What a beast!" Cryak glowers as he swings again with his greataxe. The crude tanned leather and skins covering his body, and the wild greasy black hair make for a frightening apparition as he lunges at the beast, sad that the creature had been warped beyond repair.

[5 foot step and attack, I forgot to add the Improved Critical: Greataxe feat last round]

[Full Attack routine at +16/+7 to hit 1d12DMG, 19-20 X3 CRIT]
[Feat: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge]
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The maelephant is whirling in a circle, trunks sweeping wide, bludgeoning anything within reach!

OOC--like Whirlwind Attack feat...a single swat, everything within reach....15'
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led scurries away, climbs, and pounces once more! As he makes his move, the maelephant seizes the opportunity and swings a trunk at him....but misses! The wemic nimbly springs from trunk, to branch, now waiting, poised to strike, for Sigrid's spell to take hold!

Kalindriel's glaive whirls, trailing shadow-essence..but fails to connect!

The massive axe of Cryak also fails to wound the malefic pachyderm.

Trina attacks! A flurry of clawing and even biting! Her first claw manages to rend the resilient skin...even as it does, a subtle darkening of the hue of her claws and teeth indicates her magics have adapted to its defenses....though her aim is excellent, she doesn't get deep enough for her true target! (9 points). Her second claw strikes solidly, its hide now no great impediment to her talons, which sink effortlessly into the previous wound, digging deeper! (CRITICAL HIT! 38 points) Her third claw, as well as her bite, prove fruitless.

Skyseeker dashes to the north, hurling her ax once more, but it sails wide, before flickering back to her hand!

The maelephant whirls, swinging wildly at everyone within it's trunk's span!
Kalindriel is smashed! (10 points)
Anna is missed, due to her displacement!
Cryak is hammered! (16 points)
Skyseeker is battered! (18 points)
Trina is pounded! (8 points)

Anna savagely batters the fiend! Dire Flail whirling and screaming, three echoing crashes as it lands multiple blows! ( 13 phys and 2 sonic, 11 phys and 4 sonic, 16 phys 5 sonic)

Sigrid's spell causes Led to grow! the branch creaks ominously under his new mass!

Now, Led leaps onto his prey! Or at least, tries to....he misjudges, and impales himself upon a tusk! (CRITICAL FUMBLE! 21 points)
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(Damn Elephant. DIE DIE DIE, STUPID BABAR. Also, Sorry Leddychu. :( )

Another round of full attack, plz.
Last edited by Annalysei on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Slightly dismayed that her masterful plan didn't work on her first strike, but feeling the shifting sensation of attunement she thinks OOooooooo, I'm a Shiny 'Trina!

Seeing Led jump, er, fall with style and becoming impaled...

IT HURT KITTY BAD ELEPHANT POKEY KITTY WITH FACEHORN.

Growling her eyes wild, 'Trina continues her assault.

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Full attack, 4 strikes, 3 claws, 1 bite.

[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
[Total Attacks Mods: +24, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 37, 38 v Bad Elephant(Dodge), Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
[88/80 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB

SPELL: +4 Dex, Cat's Grace, already figured into Atk mods and AC mods.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Yay. My sweety didn't get hurt.]

I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Kalindriel. [4d8 +13 hp]

I fly upwards, so I can stay out of its reach.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      | Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic| Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (3/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali   48/100|Katrina 80/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Animalistic | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace | Cat's Grace |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[The map shows Led being only 2x2 squares. He should be 4x4, now. And arguably still on top of the thing spinning around, but I'll concede that a critical fumble should result in no beneficial outcomes for the victim.]

Enraged at the damage received, and further by the lack of damage given, Led tries to get enough room to charge the thing again. Behind him are some larger trees blocking his retreat for a running charge. So, instead, he chooses the nearest two semi-large trees, and scales them both at once, each one holding up half his weight, if only for a moment. As before, he then drops atop the beast with his full weight and full attack.
  • Led is now Huge.
    Led weighs 12,800 lbs.
    Led has +4 str
    Led has -4 dex
    Led has +2d6 damage per claw from size increase
    Led has +2d6 damage per claw from a charge
    Led has -2 to hit
    Led has -4 AC (and another -2 from lost dex bonus)

Attack: +19 Damage: 2[11d6+13]
    AC: 37 [[Dodge vs. Maelephant]}
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I look up to make sure Sigrid didn't catch trunk like everyone else, and once again thank the goddess for my wonderful cloak.

[Also, WHOA Led is huge. 4x4 means he's 16 sq feet. I think that's bigger than my bathroom - it's very narrow. He's going to need one hell of a litter box.]

DM Edit--no, actually squares are 5'. He occupies 20x20

Whoops. D'oh. Still bigger than my bathroom.
Last edited by Annalysei on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali makes some frustrated grunts at her whiffs, and shakes her head to clear it after the hits she has taken. Focusing once again upon her target she tries again.

[Full attack once more, shadow strike, drain. Dodge against Maelephant. 5' step to the east.]

[Siggy, I should have 58 hp. The maelephant's last hit took off the 10 temporary hp I got from impaling it on the charge.]
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

"Ha!"

Cryaks laughs at the blow he received. Angered by his missed blow, the manbeast slashes again at the monster.

[Full Attack routine at +16/+7 to hit 1d12DMG, 19-20 X3 CRIT]
[Feat: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge][/quote]
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[I forgot to description me for Cryak...]

A humanoid female struck from out of nowhere, middling height around 5'6, slender build. White hair, about shoulder length. Fingers ending in wicked claws. She has horns, pointed back and away from her face. Her caucasian skin has what appears to be odd discoloration of greenish/black along the bridge of her nose, around her dark green eyes, on her pointed ears, and on her chin. She has bat like wings that are ragged looking with bone protruding from the bottom. Her first strike was with precision, the others attacks were to harm and kill. Yes, she tried to bite it.

She is quite angry over something, and utters a single word under her breath in her next set of attacks.

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led wheels, and rapidly ascends....the maelephant seizes the opportunityto lash out at him, trunk flailing! It connects, but doesn't impede the mighty wemic in the slightest! (16 points) From above, he pounces on the suddenly undersized devil! the suddenly multi-ton predator brings down it's fiendish prey! (39 and 43 points) Unfortunately, the taking down rolls them both directly over little Trina! (failed reflex save....20 points)

Kalindriel deftly lances the downed beast, Vhashik blurring darkly once, twice...(15 points and 17 points)

Cryak's axe now bites once more! it's resilience remains, but his fell blows still sink deep. (5 points and 3 points)

Trina manages to roll to her feet...and sees the maelephant writhing to escape from Led....frenziedly, she attacks! Unable to dodge, it is utterly savaged by the frenzied waif! (36 points, 29 points, 24 points, 30 points, and 22 points)

Skyseeker's axe flashes out....and strikes! (7 points)

The maelephant commences to trumpet a horrific, note...the vibrations resonating in your very bones.....and the maelephant is shaking visibly...Those near enough have an opportunity as it activates this power....a suicidal detonation from the tone resonating with its bones!

Anna pounds upon it! (15 phys, 7 holy, 5 sonic)
Cryak's axe crashes down! (4 points)
Trina misses!
Kalindriel's blade slices deep! (14 points)
Led claws it! (16 points)

It dies, the sound fading out....

Sigrid heals Kalindriel for 38 points
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Shaking herself Bad elephant hit me with a Kitty. She spits once "Tastes bad."

Looking around, she stares Cryak up and down. You get the impression she's almost dissecting you. Then she smiles confidantly. If he's Bad, my Big Kitty can sit on him.

She then realizes the actual growth of Led. A big big Leddycat. She turns and looks up at him. Way up. With something akin to awe in her voice "Sigrid made Led huuuuuuuuuge..."

She suddenly darts forward, ducking and rolling underneath the huge wemic until she's behind him, and begins jumping and darting around in the air after the end of the huge tail. Giggling ensues.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker tries, and fails, to squelch her mirth at the bizarre contrast, from Trina's savage mauling of the maelephant to her whimsical playfulness with huge Led....laughing so heartily, in fact, she ends up needing to lean on a tree to support herself...
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led ignores 'Trina's antics, mostly because he's starting to sink into the mud between the trees. "Um. Sigrid, could you remove this? I'm sinking, and I don't trust any of the trees to hold me up for long. It worked as a tactic, but if the fight is over..."
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”