Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

This one was sheer awesome! Gonna go through it by character:

Ganoes Paran: I was just hoping we'd run into Paran again, and Apsalar met him in the very next chapter! Boy, he's become an audacious fella, hasn't he? Unleashing the Deragoth, strolling in and taking command of Onearm's Host, pinning one Goddess to her own damn throne and leaving her to die, going across town and browbeating her sister into doing what he wants, striking bargains with the god of death to save the world....he's living an interesting life. :lol: Somehow he's still managing to have that weird mixture of recklessness and self esteem issues, though.

Trull Sengar: Holy crap, I knew that guy was good with a spear, but holding his own against Icarium? Did not see that coming!

Fiddler: Is all kinds of great. Got his squad through Y'Ghatan, love his banter with his them and his old Bridgeburner buddies, and I could hear his song wafting through all the action in Malaz City. Plus: explosive crossbows. I want one.

Kalam: HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS EFFICIENTLY MURDEROUS! That fight through Malaz City had some of the best action sequences in the books yet. We got to see just about every stroke, counter, parry, thrust, disembowelment, slashed throat, broken spine, shattered cranium, and collapsed torso as Mr Mekhar slaughtered his way through over a hundred of the Empire's best assassins. And I loved every second of it. Does that make me a bad person? :lol: I really, really, hope he's not dead! Which reminds me:

Pearl: got what was coming to him, the coward. Dead girlfriends don't give you the right to be a dick of that magnitude.

Karsa Orlong: Remains Karsa Orlong. What more could you say?

Heboric: Shield Anvil?! Did not see that coming, and still have very little idea what it means.

Apsalar: After seeing Kalam take on the Claw, and the time he had of it, seeign Apsalar just mow them down in a couple of minutes...that was terrifying. 8O

More when I think of it, probably.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, this is a great one...crawling under the city...that always gets me. And Corabb, he's great.

Now Reapers Gale, then Return of the Crimson Guard.

--A
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

It was cool watching Corabb go from a brainwashed revolutionary, through his loss of faith in Leoman, to a Malazan soldier. Which reminds me, I really liked Leoman until Y'Ghatan, but that was just unforgivable!

Post by Avatar »

Yeah...I'd also liked him...but think about it...we liked him because he was a fanatical revolutionary. ;)

--A
Onos T'oolan
First Sword

Post by Onos T'oolan »

Yeah, Cambo, pretty serious book, eh?!? I also love Cotillion's appearances. He's great!
"You have no understanding of what his title of Sword signifies - he is without equal in this world." -- K'rul
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Avatar wrote:Yeah...I'd also liked him...but think about it...we liked him because he was a fanatical revolutionary. Wink
Really? I liked him because he was a faithless cynic riding the wave... :? Fanatical about self-preservation perhaps, which goes a long way to explaining Y'Ghatan.
Onos T'oolan wrote:Yeah, Cambo, pretty serious book, eh?!? I also love Cotillion's appearances. He's great!
I was surprised by his capacity for empathy, both in HoC and even more so in this book. Gives the Patron of Assassins much more depth. Those child soldiers in the cave were clearly as heartbreaking for him as they were for me. :(

PS Shadowthrone cracks me the hell up. He reminds me of John Jameson from Spiderman- always on the verge of apoplexy. :lol:

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”