Who do you hate the most?

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Ur-Vile wrote:I despise Avril Lavigne. She's a hypocrite and full of bs. Her music sux and her image is purely marketing.
Hail Ur-Vile! Your so right. Though she's not that bad looking. Well I wouldn't say no..... :twisted:
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Ur-Vile wrote:Avril was at a restaurant somewhere in Singapore and noticed that a group of guys were looking at her alot. She got upset and stormed over to them and said to stop looking at her because she was famous. They laughed at her and told her that they didn't even know who she was. Avril got embarrassed and left. LOL!
LOL! Were they actually looking at her at all though, or is she just paranoid.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

They were looking at her. I don't know why - maybe because they could see the lack of talent in her features or maybe because she was wearing expensive clothes (despite her street-girl image).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Midnight Oil.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Oh, but I love "Beds are Burning!"

'Course, that's the only one of theirs I know. ;)
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

That one's not too bad, actually. They have a couple of good songs, but some of their bad ones are given too much leeway, light "Dead Heart".

I also hate almost every band that came about from the 1990s onwards.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

80s great - 90s bad
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

No the 80s sucked--and I hate that u hate Midnight Oil!
fall far and well Pilots!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

90s-bad?! Couldn't disagree more. There were tons of great bands in the 90s.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

J-lo. [No-talent hack? Latent tacky Ho? No-calorie brain snack? Ack! Attack! Attack!]

She "sings" music in a genre I loathe. She "acts" in movies that are laughable (but not funny). She does manage to dance without tripping over herself, so it is (theoretically) possible to endure her videos, as long as you turn the sound down, and drink a lot of alcohol beforehand.

Should you listen to her music, you must seek absolution through cleansing fire----an audio caamora, if you will. I find that Slayer works well for this. :R

I don't know whether the gossip about her being a Class1000 demanding diva-bitch is true or not, but I tend to believe them, because I want to believe the worst.

But, at least she dresses better (or less) than Avril.

DukkhaWaynhim
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I do not wish to waste my time or energy on hating something unless it is important. :)
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Rivenrock
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rivenrock »

Last edited by Rivenrock on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Rivenrock wrote:My 'who I hate musically' award definitely goes to Bjork. She is the most over-rated singer in the world today. Being weird doesn't actually equate to being talented and even referring to her music as experimental is being kind. She has the diction of a drugged two-year-old and sounds perpetually spaced out. And the music is SO BORING. Apologies in advance to Landwaster (pity, I so agree with the rest of your list of great female vocalists) but I just can't stand this woman or her music.
You dare insult the wife of Space Ghost? You and I are no longer on speaking terms. ;)
Kidding. Just reminds me I need to add some Bjork to my mp3 collection.
Rivenrock
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rivenrock »

Last edited by Rivenrock on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Did I mention Linkin Park?
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Blazin Squad <slits wrists>
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Wow.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Just about anything from the 90s except Alice in Chains, NIN, the Foo Fighters, and....Hmmmm I guess that's it. I despised Grunge, I despised "alternative" (Crash Test Dummies), I despised Hootie and Dave Matthews, I loathe rap-metal like Linkin Park and Limp Bizket, I abhor whiney metal like Stained.

Good bands went to crap.....Red Hot Chili Peppers, Van Halen, and Ozzy all became jokes. Even rap went to Hell after the early 90s. Public Enemy, Digital Underground, 3rd Base, and Run DMC pretty much vanished.

Yeah, the 90s blew musically.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Cail,
Yeah, the 90s blew musically.
Great bands from the 90s: Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Pavement, Nirvana, Beck, Soundgarden, AIC, Weezer, Oasis, Garbage, and others. 90's were definitely great for music, but to each his own.

Anyway, my latest new pet peeve is Slipknot. :-x
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

OK, I forgot about Oasis and Garbage, I'll give you those two.

Loathed Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Soundgarden.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Return to “Vespers”