Saltheart Foamfollower.....You judge too quickly giant....

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

marineguy
Ramen

Saltheart Foamfollower.....You judge too quickly giant....

Post by marineguy »

I laughed when I saw you because you seemed like a rooster threatening one of the Ranyhyn. You waste yourself, Thomas Covenant.” Covenant took a double grip on his anger, and said quietly, “Is that a fact? You judge too quickly, Giant.” Another fountain of laughter bubbled out of Foamfollower’s chest. “Bravely said! Here is a new thing in the Land-a man accusing a Giant of haste.

(Illustrating important and various parts of the book)

Image[/i]
You judge too quickly giant
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Superb! Love the reflections in particular. Only...Covenant looks like he's wearing a turtleneck. :lol:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Cambo wrote:Superb! Love the reflections in particular. Only...Covenant looks like he's wearing a turtleneck. :lol:
lol, yeah. With the 3D software it's a matter of what one has in stock. I'll swap it out once I can find out what he was wearing for sure. Any hints? It says , prior to coming to the land, "he dressed himself in tough fabrics and his feet were snug in boots". or words to that effect. That's pretty broad. I can't imagine him going out to the phone company in a t-shirt. He would hide his disease and a t-shirt wouldn't do much of that.

Anyone have other clues?
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

aw I've been boiling over like a tea kettle... damnit, marineguy, I wish you could take how homoerotic I find your art as a compliment... it is really great!
I like it!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

My dear Lord Zombiac,

I accept all compliments and criticisms equally and humbly...homoerotic or not. Thanks you very much. There are many, many in the 3D world that make my art look as if I am drawing with crayons and I aspire to be as good one day.

tinyurl.com/5uku6ob
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

this one I like especially-- you capture the moment perfectly, and it is a pivotal one, because Foamfollower was Covenant's first and best friend.
Tuvor, now that's a spicy meatball!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

marineguy wrote:
Cambo wrote:Superb! Love the reflections in particular. Only...Covenant looks like he's wearing a turtleneck. :lol:
lol, yeah. With the 3D software it's a matter of what one has in stock. I'll swap it out once I can find out what he was wearing for sure. Any hints? It says , prior to coming to the land, "he dressed himself in tough fabrics and his feet were snug in boots". or words to that effect. That's pretty broad. I can't imagine him going out to the phone company in a t-shirt. He would hide his disease and a t-shirt wouldn't do much of that.

Anyone have other clues?
I mostly pictured a flannel work shirt, all things considered...they're tough, practical, match the farmhouse setting, and he still has enough fingers, just barely, to manage the buttons. Not plaid, probably a plain solid color...brownish, or olive drab, something dull anyway.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Really serious work) The reflections and everything)
A role-player, beware
Lord Verement
Servant of the Land

Post by Lord Verement »

I believe the boat was much larger, IIRC TC had to reach up to look out of the boat
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Lord Verement wrote:I believe the boat was much larger, IIRC TC had to reach up to look out of the boat
Mmmm, can you find me the exact quote and page number? Someone else said he reached up becuase he was laying or sitting down. I couldn't find it. Any help would be great, thanks!!!
agiad16
Servant of the Land

Post by agiad16 »

I too pictured him in flannel, or the sort of shirt a man who works on a horse ranch would wear...
.... not criticism, just sharing... that's an inspirational picture you've created.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

another vote for flannel over turtleneck. and Thomas should look more whiny. :)

but very good work. look forward to more. have you done Hile Troy yet?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

While in TIL Covenant is clearly described as wearing a T-Shirt, which is how I usually imagine him, in LFB his shirt is only described as made of "tough fabric", and buttoning down the front.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”