Endpathy

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Endpathy

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I'm working on an animated video for my entire new album "Endpathy."
This is an epic work of science fiction as well as music-- something which I have returned to after over 20 years of getting less into the mind bending psychedelic sci-fi concept albums I did in the 80's.
There is only one preview up for viewing until the final release:
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Click the pic to see the all new official trailer!
premiers August 15th!
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

excellent! glad to see new work from you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I sent you a link to the full movie yesterday in a fb message...
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Lord Zombiac wrote:Click the pic to see the all new official trailer!
premiers August 15th!
Glad to see new creative works here, looks like the premiere should be tomorrow, right?

By the way, did you also get "La Casa De Mickey Mouse" as a YouTube suggestion for this? :biggrin:
A role-player, beware
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

a space opera by Coz the Shroom

click the nifty pic!
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Effaeldm wrote:
Lord Zombiac wrote:Click the pic to see the all new official trailer!
premiers August 15th!
Glad to see new creative works here, looks like the premiere should be tomorrow, right?

By the way, did you also get "La Casa De Mickey Mouse" as a YouTube suggestion for this? :biggrin:
no I got some matrix thing!
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

That looks like a lot of work) And inspired work, not just any. May I ask, were the abstract images drawn manually, or generated? If not generated and you may be interested, I can suggest a few convenient generators, like Apophysis.
Lord Zombiac wrote:
Effaeldm wrote: ...
no I got some matrix thing!
When I'm on YouTube with my account, I also get the Matrix, it likely tries to sort according to personal tastes, when not - Chipmunks this time - makes me wonder what it sees so much in common)
A role-player, beware
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

yes it was a lot of work, done quickly because of my enthusiasm. Most of the images were assembled like a collage from various internet searches. Each image was greatly modified in photoshop to avoid copyright issues. some images were disassembled, modied, and re-assembled frame by frame. Some sequences are taken from stock footage and public domain film (Hercules movies are a great source of fantasy footage!)
Certain things were scanned from hand drawings and a few items were drawn in photoshop with a mouse and the brush tool (mostly as silhouettes). I'd like to find out about Apophysis, particularly if it can draw 3-d simulations-- but I can't afford expensive software. Photoshop is an old version that came with my computer and AVS editing software I purchased, even paying extra for a lifetime licence-- not too expensive and worth every penny although it crashes a lot (mostly when trying to edit an overlay) and renders rasterized text very poorly. With the lifetime licence they give you ALL of their media software, and their support has been stellar.
Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed my video!
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Damn, my internet connection is sucking!

What I've seen thus far looks like you put a lot of work into this. And it shows, in a very good way. I'll definitely have to find a better internet connection to finish watching it.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I hope you can get a good connection. Even on my cable broadband sometimes the lag places the live lip syncing out of sync. I did indeed work very hard on it... what pleases me most is that I did stunts too!
It may not look very dangerous performing pantamime on top of that escarpment, but the damned thing was made mostly of dirt and loose gravel-- almost impossible to climb up and tricky even getting back down! There were huge and deep cracks in the dirt that could easily have been full of rattlesnakes, I was closer to the edge than I looked, and the combination of fog from sweating and dust in the air obscured my vision severely in that robot mask!
The tumble down the gravel hill was fairly easy, and a pretty safe grade, but by some fluke I appear to have suffered a hairline fracture in my wrist from it!
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

This is my robot costume, which I made blue to key out for the rotoscoping. I used green for chromokeying a sort of flashing led effect. You can see that anywhere skin would show was wrapped in blue duct tape. Even as mild as our summers are here it was probably close to 95 degrees and really hot in that costume!
One surprise was that Devil's canyon-- the closest desert to us here in the mountains, had received so much rainfall with our uncommonly wet spring that most of it looked pastoral!
Fortunately there is a quarry in Devil's Canyon, so we got some great shots.
If I was using a .04/second frame rate this thing would have taken forever, but I rather like the combination of shaky animation and smooth panning/motion after effects. We are going to be doing hippy star wars the same way, but that will have to wait until Michael Holt returns to us from Cimmaron this fall!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

truly an awesome costume. i admire the work that went into it.

i only wish that more people would view your work...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

it has only been public a day and has more hits than the second karaoke vampyres vid... your wish has been granted!
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Glad for you)

Apophysis is free, available for download from SourceForge in several variants, the main site redirects there for downloads sourceforge.net/projects/apophysis/files/ That site also has a bit of instructions and samples apophysis.org/downloads.html It can be used to generate 3D and animations, though it may be a problem to make that work - I'm not sure to which extent, didn't get into that too much yet, for now the still 2d images are what I use most, though hard to say for sure about what I haven't tried.

Did make an animation attempt - a bonfire from the 2nd Chrons, a silhouette should be visible though - it was hand drawn, the flame was generated and rendered in Apophysis by separate frames, joined into an animation and used as new layer to obscure the figure to a barely visible level, I'm still not sure if it's possible to see at all on some monitors, but for now all I checked work well with it kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21103

Another of mine, an unrelated static image gyazo.com/aad58ae98533965c82c8ad6e83b49dfe.png That's about as far as it went for me with Apophysis for now, can definitely go much further. Generally, it generates fractal images, sometimes completely abstract, sometimes with semblances to things like flames, feathers, leaves, nebulae etc. Can be used for special effects and general good looks, or may be adjusted to look more like something specific. Google gives lots of samples for the program name, also combined with "animation" and "3D".

And I tend to use Gimp as a graphic editor mostly, it's also free and from SourceForge, has quite an amount of built-in possibilities for special effects and an animation option as well, including fade effects.
A role-player, beware

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”