2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Now that the Ravens are back in the SuperBowl Art Modell is a virtual lock for the HOF. The writing has been on the wall since the overblown tribute given to the man earlier this season, and there's no point in hoping that the voters will consider Art's desertion of the city of Cleveland. The League really wants this, and its not like they, or anyone else has ever given a Damn about what really happened. Baltimore fans will counter with" look at everything he did for us" "look at Monday Night Football " and that's fine , but they benefitted from our loss so what else would they say. Sure Modell made contributions to the game, but not for us. Modell may deserve the Hall , but what did we ever do to ever deserve him.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

at least the damned Falcons lost.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

null wrote:at least the damned Falcons lost.
Funny, you and ESPN rooted against the Falcons all year. Out of 18 games you were bound to hit pay-dirt sooner or later. Even better, most of the teams that were heralded by ESPN to be the new Superbowl contenders all watched the Championship games from their couches.

A few tweaks in the off season, a new TE, RB, and two good defensive backs and we will be back in it again next year, stronger than ever. Keep "hatin", the Falcons will keep winning. That's the just way we like it.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

What Atlanta needs to figure out is how not to give a won game away. They nearly did that with Seattle, and they totally did that with SanFran.

Otherwise, they looked pretty solid.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

yeah, I agree. Both of these games were ours to lose. In both games we dominated the entire 1st half. In both instances I just don't think we had a second half 'plan'. We had a plan for the 60 mins to be all the same. So the other team makes adjustments, we dont, and now what we did that worked so well in the first half, doesn't work anymore. When we are down in the first half we make good adjustments. Maybe a good lesson in coaching. Have a 1st half and a 2nd half plan. Be ready to switch gears when your 1st half is over.

One of the SF safeties pretty much said the same. For most of the first half they couldn't figure out how we were moving the ball so well. When it finally clicked for them, they were able to keep that under control. However by then they were down 17 points. Then it was a dig out from the bottom.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Ok let's have them Super Picks Ill take the 49ers 27-21.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ravens by 17. It's not even going to be close.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'm going to say Ravens 31-28 despite all the defense-focused media commentary.

But I feel like I'm way closer than normal to pure guessing than any evidence at all.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Torrey Smith just skated on an obvious offensive pass interference Ravens score next play this is already ugly. 21-3
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I find it ironic that SF was looking for a holding/interference call 4th and short at the end. That was so similar to the game against Atlanta where Atl was looking for a call that never came.

Wanted SF to win but congrats to Baltimore!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Close game! One penalty less, or one more, could have swung the game.

I wasn't even going to watch; not much interested. But my wife made buffalo wings for the game, so I figured I might as well watch. Ended up cheering on SF.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Thank goodness for power outage, made for a much more interesting game. That point on was pretty crazy. Thought for sure Ravens were done. That 1st down conversion Flacco to Boldin, w/defender all over him, unbelievable.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cybrweez wrote:Thank goodness for power outage, made for a much more interesting game. That point on was pretty crazy. Thought for sure Ravens were done. That 1st down conversion Flacco to Boldin, w/defender all over him, unbelievable.
I actually give much much credit for Ravens getting to the 'bowl AND winning it to power snatches by Boldin.

SF had their chances, early and late. [only a couple bad ref calls, and they were basically evenly split/balanced out.]

I don't think black-out made a difference. Reminds me of a game a few years ago, freezy drizzle, after an interception thrown commentator says "they [Pats] throw all the time, weather like this it will really hurt their game." 2 or 3 plays later, intercepted the other way, same commentator "these guys don't throw that much, they aren't used to it, it'll hurt their game."
Cracked me up.

Really enjoyed the game, though.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welker?!

Nooooooooo!!
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

wayfriend wrote:Welker?!

Nooooooooo!!
Yea, I was shocked.
And all my back-east friends are mad as hell...and rumor says Tom Brady is mad as hell, too.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Brady restructures. Welker walks. Amandola the brittle signs.

seems a bad deal for the Pats.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”