the stuck-in-yer-head song lyric

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

As for "serious" offenders - "I'm My Own Grandpa" from The Stupids. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXm8U0wikU

And, people, if that's not too hard, please, tell the names of the songs, not just YouTube links.

It may be interesting to know, but not like everyone would click them knowing what awaits... Also, YouTube doesn't always keep them up, may have problems loading on some connections and from some countries and it's just not always a good idea to turn it on.
A role-player, beware
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Good point, Effy. My connection is sometimes so slow I know clicking on the links is pointless anyway.

Right now it's, "We could have had it aaaallllllllll..."
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

"i'm hanging on - you're all that's left to hang on to"
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Imagine my surprise when in the middle of tutoring math, the song "White Lightning" (George Jones) comes on in my head.
?!??

"G-man, T-man, revenuers too...
searchin' for the place where he made his brew...
They were lookin' for to book him,
My pappy kept a-cookin."

I was kinda like, "Well this is a weird experience. Umm, okay, brain... I didn't even notice how you came up with that."
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

That is hilarious!! And way more interesting than "Op, op, op, Opa Gangnam Style"!!

Right now for me it's "Awesome Is The Lord Most High" which me and my pickup band rocked this morning in our chapel meeting. Overdriven Telecaster. :banana:

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Linna Heartbooger

deer of the dawn wrote:Right now for me it's "Awesome Is The Lord Most High" which me and my pickup band rocked this morning in our chapel meeting. Overdriven Telecaster. :banana:
Something I'd much rather have stuck in the brain long-term. :)

What's "Overdriven Telecaster"? Is instrument branding name?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

This bugger has rolled around my head half the day (Korpiklaani's Rauta). :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwo6bMKBaw

...ISKE, ISKE, ISKE, ISKE...
Try to solve a zillion computer problems with that between your ears.

Gaaah that Oppan Gangnam style blatherskite, it's oozing out of every crack in the space-time continuum. 8O
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:
deer of the dawn wrote:Right now for me it's "Awesome Is The Lord Most High" which me and my pickup band rocked this morning in our chapel meeting. Overdriven Telecaster. :banana:

Assuming that is a real question, and assuming Deer hasn't joined/named a band called "Overdriven Telecaster," it is just a Telecaster with everything cranked to 11 so the signal gets distorted, or an effect box/pedal to simulate/cause such distortion.
If the Lord actually sounded like Zep with a Marshall stack ripped to the max, I'd think all the tunes Awesome. [that assumes the Bible as a two-part concept album...man, that might be cool properly done.]

More on topic...I can't get the hell away from
"And it feels like I am just too close to love you-ooo.
There's nothing I can really say...ay-ay
I can't lie no more...I can't hide no more...
go to be true to myse-e-elf"
which would be fine...cuz that part of the song is cool...but the rest of it just damn blows.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

For the past several days, this crops up at odd moments, for no apparent reason:

youtu.be/VKv1nw_5A6Q

Hey, baby, they're playin' our song,
The one we used to hear when we used to get along,
Let's get back together, that's where we belong.

It's the one with the pretty melody,
It's the one that made you fall in love with me.
It made us feel so groovy,
We fell in love, just like in the movies.

The one they used to play when we used to get along,
Let's get back together, that's where we belong.

I must have heard it at the grocery store or something...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I've got that annoying Steve Miller Band song stuck in my head...

Big old jet airliner... don't carry me too far away...big old jet airliner... cuz it's here that I've got to stay...

Ugh.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Linna Heartbooger

Vraith wrote:
Linna Heartlistener wrote:

Assuming that is a real question, and assuming Deer hasn't joined/named a band called "Overdriven Telecaster," it is just a Telecaster with everything cranked to 11 so the signal gets distorted, or an effect box/pedal to simulate/cause such distortion.
Haha, yes, twas a real question. (I am actually rather musically-illiterate & know little about musical instruments & associated technology...)
That kinda makes sense though... thank you.
If the Lord actually sounded like Zep with a Marshall stack ripped to the max, I'd think all the tunes Awesome. [that assumes the Bible as a two-part concept album...man, that might be cool properly done.]
Hahah...
(and "hmm. hmmmmmm. The Bible as a two-part concept album you say?" Well, I definitely am interested if you read/finish/re-read book #6 on that list of 100 books!!)

Frostheart wrote:...ISKE, ISKE, ISKE, ISKE...
Try to solve a zillion computer problems with that between your ears.
Oh dear... that sounds.. similar in some ways to my tutoring dilemma, except waaaay more inconvenient.

Oh, right.. and my current earworm is my son's "M" song from his Kindergarten class:
(to the tune of "This Old Man")

Monkey-see! Monkey-do!
Come meet monkey in the zoo!
If you make a face,
he might make one too.
Monkeys like to mimic you!
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Dethklok - Laser Cannon Deth Sentence :D

PS: If you try to listen to any Dethklok, I recommend to keep in mind the lyrics weren't written in all seriousness. Also, the band calls grocery stores food libraries, has metal birthday pies and doesn't exactly exist in real life.
Frostheart wrote:Try to solve a zillion computer problems with that between your ears.
I usually kick such things out with something quite sticky, but pleasant for me to hear, like the one I linked above.
A role-player, beware
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Yes, Overdriven Telecaster is not (alas) the name of my band (today I was thinking we should call ourselves The Pups, but not sure if that's going to work for a Christian Praise and Worship Rock band). My guitar is a Telecaster and "overdriven" just means a nice form of distortion. :)

For me all day it's been "Last Christmas", the Wham! song. I lead the HS choir and we're doing that. Funny, I didn't used to like that song but it's actually grown on me!!

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away.
This year, to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special...

That, and a Flyleaf song (a Christian metal group):

Here's to the voices that accuse me:
(screamed) Stand back!!

EDIT: Lols, I realized later that #1 the group is Fireflight, not Flyleaf (both great bands), and #2 I had "mashed-up" two different songs in my head; "Accuse" and "Stand Up" (not 'stand back'!) Guess I was tired!! :P :lol: 8)

Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Pantera - Walk

THREE DAYS NOW
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Well....Pantera has walked out and Bodies by Drowning Pool has hit the floor of my brain. I'm clearly lost in the past a few years, and looking forward to a stretch with NO lyrics rummaging about.

Clearly, somethings gotta give NNNNOOOOOOWWWWW!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Then we're taught what is true, we're taught what is right
We're taught not to follow our heart
And then, the next thing we know, we're trapped in a place
Where the story will never start

On this trip we all bend; we bend and we break
We break all our pacts with ourselves
We merely try to survive and we drop all our goals
And put our dreams all on our shelves

Apropos, yet unhelpful. I need a more motivational internal soundtrack. CXS, maybe. Victory in the face of adversity. Can't get anything to stick though.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Linna Heartbooger

Currently have a children's song that's a guessing game about animals stuck in my head.
Plus... it has "and go around in a circle, go around in a circle..."-style choruses:

"mari kawan bermain dalam lingkaran
menyebut binatang yang ada di hutan..."

It's kinda addictive...
-Flannery O'Connor

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Is that Indonesian?

I went to a market this morning and there's always music blasting, much of it religious. So ever since it's been

You are worthy Lord, You are worthy Lord,
You are worthy Lord, You are worthy Lord...

Of course to get the full vibe you have to sing like dis:

Yoo ah wuthy Lod...
If the Lord actually sounded like Zep with a Marshall stack ripped to the max, I'd think all the tunes Awesome.
You reminded me of a college prof talking about one of the Old Testament prophets, Ezekiel I think. God's appearance is described in blindingly bizarre and surreal terms and His voice is thunder combined with trumpets and rainstorms. Imagine a New Yawk accent saying "When God shows up, it's gonna be loud and it's gonna be bright."

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

I've had some good earworms lately. "Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty, and thanks to Danlo, "Cinnamon Girl". :D

Linna Heartbooger

deer of the dawn wrote:Is that Indonesian?
Yes! [/delayed-response]

And so is my current earworm, which I bust out singing in the car all the time:
Abang Tukang Bakso (Mr Bakso* Vendor)

Here it is. (with my approximate translation)
Abang Tukang Bakso, (Mr. Bakso Vendor)
Mari mari sini (C'mon over here now)
Aku mau beli (For I would like to buy)
Abang Tukang Bakso, (Mr. Bakso-Vendor)
Cepat dong kemari (Better hurry up - I'm)
Sudah tak tahan lagi! (Starving and about to die!)

* an Indonesian meatball soup
deer wrote:You reminded me of a college prof talking about one of the Old Testament prophets, Ezekiel I think. God's appearance is described in blindingly bizarre and surreal terms and His voice is thunder combined with trumpets and rainstorms. Imagine a New Yawk accent saying "When God shows up, it's gonna be loud and it's gonna be bright."
Also, after reading this post, I somehow ended up reading most of Ezekiel this summer. :biggrin:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”