Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

StevieG wrote:
Menolly wrote: If Edge ever returns, does that make three?
I still have a PM in my Outbox that Edge hasn't read from July 2012 :(
Yeah, me too...

But I am holding out hope that the release of TLD will bring the return of many a stray Watcher.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Considering we haven't seen Vain in gods know how long, technically I'm the only active one. However, if we count Patrick, (gone these many years) there are 3 inactive ones, so that's really 5.

(We're woefully bloody under-represented.)

Anyway, Welcome to the Watch HS. Long may you participate. ;)

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

avatar - your maths hurts my head.

does anyone know the number of daily active members. just curious. even I kind of faded this past month.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
The Hidden Sandgorgon
Servant of the Land

Post by The Hidden Sandgorgon »

Thanks everyone....!! Even though i was born in the UK I'll fly the South African flag.....

Now to find something to head-butt.......HARD....!!
I have hit myself in the head many times in the attempt to transport myself into an achingly beautiful fantasy land where, despite having mostly just messed around in high school, I'm qualified to be the savior of the entire world.
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Greeting Hidden Sandgorgon.... I am not sure what the deal is, but whenever I see that name I feel a touch of anxiety. Like, "could there be a...? a hidden sandgorgon? hiding nearby? aaagh!"

As to your summoner, may I guess Orlion?
Or other participants on "the official predictions thread."
Looks like that brought you out of lurkerhood, p'raps?

Welcome, and hope you enjoy this place.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

Post by Avatar »

sgt.null wrote:avatar - your maths hurts my head.
SA Watchers:

Edge - Inactive
Patrick (or whatever his name was) - Inactive
Vain - Technically Inactive

Me
HSG

So 5 SA watchers, 3 inactive.
Null wrote:does anyone know the number of daily active members. just curious. even I kind of faded this past month.
No way to tell. We usually run between 45 and 65 members visiting a day, but not all of them always post.
The Hidden Sandgorgon wrote:Even though i was born in the UK I'll fly the South African flag.....
That's ok, Vain was born here, but actually lives in NZ. We'll take whoever we can get. ;)

--A
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

I would say that there are approx 40 members who post regularly (not counting those who only post in GT). Not a huge number (relative to previous activity) but it still manages to get lively from time to time (especially in the 'Tank :lol:) and, IMO, there is a level of quality to what is posted that means that the Watch punches well above its weight.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Hi there, I'm an old Thomas Covenant reader and was brought over to your boards by a fellow member of the Malazan board on facebook. She said that the members here are some of the friendliest people on the internet.

I'm a member of the Kenzer Co forums within the Kingdoms of Kalamar/D&D topics as well. I've read all the past Chronicles and am currently up to date with the major releases of the latest Chronicles. I'm awaiting the final book.

I have also read Reave the Just and other tales, although, I must admit it was at least 15 years ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on details.

Finally, I'm probably only a slightly active user (unless I have a vacation), as my real life consumes most of my time, money, soul, and I gotta have time to read, right?! :)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, Rexleith.
Be Well Come and True.

If you're a gamer, take a peek inside Gravin Threndor. Currently there is only one ongoing game, but it is my hope that may change.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Welcome Rexleith. I still have yet to read Reave and the other short stories. I've read The Chronicles up to date a few times, waiting for the Audiobook of Final Book (That's how I find reading time now, on my commute to and from work). I've read The Gap Cycle a couple times and just finished listening to Mordant's Need for my first time read. So, I still need to get around to the Reed Stephens Mysteries as well.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I will check out your game suggestion, Menolly.

Sindatur, I have yet to read The Gap Cycle. I'll have to look into that series.

Post by Avatar »

Rexleith wrote:Hi there, I'm an old Thomas Covenant reader and was brought over to your boards by a fellow member of the Malazan board on facebook. She said that the members here are some of the friendliest people on the internet.
And you believed her? :lol:

I jest, we are all wonderful people. We even have an Erikson forum. Now spill the beans, who was it? :D
Rexleith wrote:Sindatur, I have yet to read The Gap Cycle. I'll have to look into that series.
Do yourself a favour. SRD's best writing ever in my opinion.

Go look around, there's plenty to talk about. Hope you join in.

--A
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello Rexleith :wave:

Until I joined the Watch I'd only read the Chronicles and Mordant's Need, but with encouragement I've now read the Gap series, Reave and the other short stories. My Last Dark has been pre-ordered. :D
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hail, King Leith. Another New Englander joins! Must be the wonderful weather ... driving people indoors ...
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Rexleith wrote:Hi there, I'm an old Thomas Covenant reader and was brought over to your boards by a fellow member of the Malazan board on facebook. She said that the members here are some of the friendliest people on the internet.
And you believed her? :lol:

I jest, we are all wonderful people. We even have an Erikson forum. Now spill the beans, who was it? :D
Rexleith wrote:Sindatur, I have yet to read The Gap Cycle. I'll have to look into that series.
Do yourself a favour. SRD's best writing ever in my opinion.

Go look around, there's plenty to talk about. Hope you join in.

--A
Thanks for the laugh and the encouragement! I will be looking into The Gap Cycle today. I'll check out the Erikson forum!
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Iolanthe wrote:Hello Rexleith :wave:

Until I joined the Watch I'd only read the Chronicles and Mordant's Need, but with encouragement I've now read the Gap series, Reave and the other short stories. My Last Dark has been pre-ordered. :D
Thanks for the friendly welcome! I have yet to read Mordent's Need. Its on my list, I just haven't gotten to it yet. Did you enjoy it?
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

wayfriend wrote:Hail, King Leith. Another New Englander joins! Must be the wonderful weather ... driving people indoors ...
Its been unbearable today! I got out of work and went right to the AC! I think its great that you understood what my name means! No one ever knows gets it until I tell them!

If you don't mind, I will explain for anyone else reading this: Leith even though it was the sister river of the river styx, I actually use that to represent an old D&D character that I have, Rex simply came from knowing it meant King (from Oedipus) and wanting to be just a little arrogant! :lol:
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Rexleith wrote:

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I have yet to read Mordent's Need. Its on my list, I just haven't gotten to it yet. Did you enjoy it?
My son lent me the Mordant's Need books about 20 years ago and I enjoyed them then. Recently bought my own copies (which are now falling apart!) and enjoyed them immensely.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Iolanthe wrote:
Rexleith wrote:

My son lent me the Mordant's Need books about 20 years ago and I enjoyed them then. Recently bought my own copies (which are now falling apart!) and enjoyed them immensely.
Thank you, I will read it after The Gap Cycle!
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Rexleith.
Rexleith wrote:She said that the members here are some of the friendliest people on the internet.
So, do you trust everything people say? *makes a note in a black book with shiny green radiance* Image
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012

Return to “The Summonsing”