2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, well, happened to Bledsoe too, and I don't think Pats fans minded. He had been playing well, but he had enough of a history where you doubted he could get you a championship.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welker. Gronkowski. Hernandez.

Now this.
Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL

It's not just that Tebow can no longer play quarterback, or any other skill position, in the NFL—it's that unless Tebow switches to a strictly blocking position, he is not talented enough to play in leagues like the Canadian Football League and Arena Football League.

Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years.
Not anticipating a banner year for the Pats ... to understate things immensely.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welker. Gronkowski. Hernandez.

Now this.
Tim Tebow Not Fit for NFL

It's not just that Tebow can no longer play quarterback, or any other skill position, in the NFL—it's that unless Tebow switches to a strictly blocking position, he is not talented enough to play in leagues like the Canadian Football League and Arena Football League.

Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years.
Not anticipating a banner year for the Pats ... to understate things immensely.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

WF, what is the source for that quote? Not sure whether it is opinion or fact...but still optimistic that Tim will pleasantly surprise those who doubt him.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I'm still undecided on this years Browns, they've added nice talent, and depth to the roster, but the remaining weaknesses are glaring. If they could just go 8-8 it would be huge. For me.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Almost here.
Wide Eyed Stupid
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

BTW, Pats have officially dumped Tebow. Since he's so awesome, we will see who picks him up.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Mr. Broken wrote:I'm still undecided on this years Browns, they've added nice talent, and depth to the roster, but the remaining weaknesses are glaring. If they could just go 8-8 it would be huge. For me.
Heh...I glanced at the schedules of all the teams I remembered folk here being fans of yesterday.
I'm predicting 9-7 for your Browns.
Someone is a Pats fan? I'm seeing 11-5, maybe better cuz they have many games that all-second string could probably win.
Same 11-5 for Ravens...though with less dependence on weak competition.
Denver fan?...I think we have one? 12-4.
Seahawks...13-3
My real team [poor Raiders] 4-12.
My back-up Vikings 8-8
my back-up back-up Packers...11-5.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Mr. Broken wrote:I'm still undecided on this years Browns, they've added nice talent, and depth to the roster, but the remaining weaknesses are glaring. If they could just go 8-8 it would be huge. For me.
Heh...I glanced at the schedules of all the teams I remembered folk here being fans of yesterday.
I'm predicting 9-7 for your Browns.
Someone is a Pats fan? I'm seeing 11-5, maybe better cuz they have many games that all-second string could probably win.
Same 11-5 for Ravens...though with less dependence on weak competition.
Denver fan?...I think we have one? 12-4.
Seahawks...13-3
My real team [poor Raiders] 4-12.
My back-up Vikings 8-8
my back-up back-up Packers...11-5.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Ziggy Ansah has a probable concussion. Welcome to the Detroit Lions continued futility! :lol:
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

First game is tonight with Denver facing Baltimore. This will be an interesting match up. Baltimore is still trying to get their defense to gel and Denver is expected to be a high scoring offense this year. I think this will be a relatively high scoring game on both sides but Denver winning this game. The thing is with a first game of the year you really don't have a lot to go on. This years team is not last years team.

Denver 31 Baltimore 24
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Payton Manning with 7 td's. wow, and here I thought he would have a down year.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Injuries made the difference in the lopsided score. Ravens lost quite a few on injuries during the course of the game. Michael Oher went out, then Jacobe Jones. Those two injuries turned the tide of the game.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Loved seeing Welker muff that punt! Then I went to bed.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

I just got to quit going to bed at half-time, every time I do, whichever team I think has it in the bag gets it's butt handed to them in the second half. :evil:
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Rawedge Rim wrote:I just got to quit going to bed at half-time, every time I do, whichever team I think has it in the bag gets it's butt handed to them in the second half. :evil:
So it was YOU last season, NFC Championship game. You just couldn't stay awake for another stinking hour so the Falcons could go to the SuperBowl! :lol:
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

SoulBiter wrote:
Rawedge Rim wrote:I just got to quit going to bed at half-time, every time I do, whichever team I think has it in the bag gets it's butt handed to them in the second half. :evil:
So it was YOU last season, NFC Championship game. You just couldn't stay awake for another stinking hour so the Falcons could go to the SuperBowl! :lol:
que the Stevie Wonder music "superstition" ;)
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

...or the last five minutes of the prior game.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda been the Hawks...to be remedied this year.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Sports”