The Last Dark cover art revealed

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Hi, Peter: I'm a lurker who has been here on and off, on once many years ago, then stopped for a long time and now on again as much as I can remember to jump in. Hello. :D
peter wrote:My memory is not as it once was and I'm struggling to remember the events at the end of TOT. Did the One Tree perish then? And when it is said that the Guardian is an Elohim construct - can somebody run that by me again; I thought one of the Insequant was fought and defeated by Brinn at the Isle [nb I'm not doubting the correctness of Orlions post - I just need to be given a re run and I don't have a copy of TOT to check it out for myself]
As I wrote, I haven't re-read all Chrons in many years but IIRC, the One Tree wasn't destroyed in TOT, just that TC or LA couldn't hack off any branches or it would rouse the Worm and destroy the Land. (or the world of the Land). Not sure about the Elohim connection to Guardian (probably dealt with in LC3 or 2; or even LC1, which I barely remember. Maybe another Watcher can suggest where this is referenced (I'm 90% certain it's not in TC1 or TC2 bcos I've read that sooooo many times already, even if it's been a few years)
peter wrote:Roll on Oct 17 [in the UK at least.
I'm buying the UK export (OEM) TPB edition to match my copies of LC1,2,3 so hopefully it comes out around same time as Oct. 17 but I'm not optimistic cos last time LC3 I think came out some time later in Singapore (the region) :cry:
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

The benefit's of a Kindle perhaps? Don't have one myself, but I assume books are released to it pretty much the same as in hard copy these days. You'd still have to buy your hard copy, but at least you could maybe avoid a long wait.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I just wanted to say how astute were the posters in this thread way back when. I picked up that this was Mahrtiir, but didn't notice anything about forestal. And:
dlbpharmd wrote:Mahrtiir as a Forestal could impose the forbidding that was hinted at in AATE.
was just uncanny.

Did any one else think there was somwhat of a resemblance to the author?

Or is it just me?
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Yes - I'll buy that; a bit more flesh on the real model but the similarity is definately there. A case of art imitating life perhaps?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

wayfriend wrote:And:
dlbpharmd wrote:Mahrtiir as a Forestal could impose the forbidding that was hinted at in AATE.
was just uncanny.
Let the world take note: I called it! :biggrin:

Don't pay attention to all of the predictions that I made that were wrong.

Return to “The Last Dark”