ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Menolly and I will be there by Friday, but Dam-sel may not be able to get away from here until Friday afternoon and had been planning to arrive in time to be well-rested and ready to be sociable for a Saturday evening soirée.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

My plane will be landing at 5:30 pm on Friday, so I probably can't get anywhere much before 7pm that night. I can contribute to overall cost with whatever needs to be done.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of-we-have to stay focused on Saturday night, but that was a nice fancy option with privacy, alas--Lurch, Wayfriend and I have snapped into a venue planning committee (and like I said before I'll work to get Bob Vardeman's help here in town as soon as I can) and I'm aware of at least 4 other Watchers that really help "make things happen" at E-fest, aside from the stalwart Romeo. I have a couple of fall back plans, but I'm ready to explore other, bigger, venues, quickly. PM me if you want to be on the committee and then we can set up a communications option-like a private facebook page of something else--sorry I don't Skype and rarely text 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

If I remember correctly, without going downstairs for my diary, I should arrive on the Thursday afternoon. Assuming I get on the right plane etc. :?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

are we going to the reservation again Sunday. we have to leave Sunday about 3pm. heading to the Grand Canyon.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

What's the reservation? Jemez Pueblo and the Caldera (Andelain)...yes we always do that. It's not a reservation...looks like we'll all need to communicate simply through email and phone, and a few people have suggested a private hotel room, so I'll be looking into that tonight and Monday.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I may have come up with the perfect solution...I'll run it by you guys tomorrow when I get the email and the specs :P I'm tired...zzzzzzzzzz
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Iolanthe wrote:If I remember correctly, without going downstairs for my diary, I should arrive on the Thursday afternoon. Assuming I get on the right plane etc. :?
Er, no. I leave home on Tuesday, leave England on Wednesday 9.30 am and should arrive in ABQ at 4.30 on Wednesday afternoon. Hope there will be someone there to catch me! :wink:

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

OK so here's my best plan so far: We use the Airport Sheraton Albq.: deals.sheraton.com/Sheraton-Albuquerque ... 512_NAD_FM rent a private room: The Valle Grande (easily holds 60) 6-9PM 6-21-14 @ $300 with bartender service @ $150 and a two course buffet, prime rib and talapia (vegetarian options), @39.25 per head before tax (add tax to everything). By calling their 1800 # and saying you're part of Elohimfest you'll save $27 on a basic room rate or $121 per night. They're also going to send us a private Guess Room link where we can book directly for 121 per night).

I think this is the perfect venue-great lighting, privacy, very little outside noise, tons of parking, right next to the airport and right down the hill from my house. Yes it IS the old Wyndham Hotel where they hold Bubonicon, the annual New Mexico Sci-Fi and Fantasy convention, so Steve is very familiar with it and should be very comfortable there. Our additional cost, of course is hiring a very competent film crew which should range from 250.00 to 400.00. So after you guys pay for your drinks and meal (and, of course, we need to pay for SRD and guest) this shouild be the overall amount we need to collect:

$200 is my deposit, feel free to help reimburse me :biggrin:

$300 for Valle Grande room
$150 bartender services
$80 Donaldson & Co.
$300 possible film crew estimate

$1030 or so plus tax (1300?, I don't know) tell me what you think--I've had some fairly large contribution offers already but we need a bit more-and we need to be completely committed by the 26th
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

danlo, that sounds really good!

Well done.

I already have a room at the Staybridge Airpt Hotel, and I think some others do. But as this is about 1.1 mi / 3 min away, there can't be any complaints.

Very little outside noise? Can we have an Elohimfest without some sort of noise? :wink:
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

danlo, I'm staying at the Staybridge too. :D If you would PM me I can send some dosh via PayPal.

rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Danlo that sounds awesome. I'll stand by my offer of assistance. If you need it in advance let me know I can send something now.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Kool!! That works...
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

This will be awesome! You can count on me to help, and as others have said, PM me and I'll send an advance.
I've already reserved a room at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport, but I'll change to the Sheraton once I have the direct link.

I'm excited about the way this is shaping up!
bungleman
Servant of the Land

Post by bungleman »

New guy reporting back... I'll definitely be attending and can help some with expenses. Finances might not be as tight as I originally thought, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute a non-negligible amount. :) Let me know what I need to do. I'll book with this hotel when they get the site up.
"Do something they don't expect."
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

I'll be able to help with expenses as well, but as I'm in Australia it'd be easier for me to hand Danlo some USD cash when I arrive in the US. I assume that's ok. I haven't booked accomadation yet, so I'll look to book at the Airport Sheraton when that link is available. :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

PM me about helping with expenses ( people are already sending and I've already received one contribution, and I'm about to attempt revive my decrepit PayPal account as some folks overseas are having currency exchange problems). I just paid the $200 retainer so we're ON!!!! We have a month to change our minds, but the contract is signed. Debbie will be emailing me the Guest Room link tomorrow (see my post above about it).
Last edited by danlo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Looking forward to seeing you, duke!

Now, just be sure to bring Sea, Lore, Stevie G, elfgirl, and any others from Oz with you...
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Looking forward to seeing you too Menolly! I'll see if the other Aussies can fit into my suitcase. ;)
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

How big's your suitcase duke? Shaun won't take much room, but myself and Sea and Landwaster and Earthfriend and Elfgirl etc will ensure you won't be able to pack many clothes :)
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”