No votes
Action Adventure
67%

Total votes: 3

SkurjMaster
<i>Elohim</i>

What is SRD up to now?

Post by SkurjMaster »

Sorry Watchers. I did not know where this kind of question should properly be posted.

So, SRD has finished, for good or ill, TCTC. Does anyone here have a hint of what may come next from our favorite author?

I know that it may be soon to be asking for more output from him, and I do not know if authors like SRD need to recuperate, but almost every other author with a book out there is deadly boring.

SRD has ruined my ability to enjoy other authors!! I need more SRD.

So let's have a poll, shall we?

What genre will provide the literary framework for his next writing?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I suspect it will probably be a return to the "Man Who" books.
I also suspect...almost positive, really...that someone at Elo-fest will ask this question.
I also suspect he'll take a break first since the LC's seem to have really stressed him. [heh...though at this point, it's what? 9 months since his last bit of work on LC's?...so maybe the vacay is over/sufficient?]

Even with no break, though...it will probably be a while. He does not publish quickly.

I've said before [at least once, and pretty recently I think] I wish he'd do horror. [though as I also said, I think HE has said before that he'd like to do it, but has never had a good idea for anything horror].
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

"The Man Who" series didn't sell well, so if he goes that direction, I predict he'll have a difficult time finding a publisher.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dlbpharmd wrote:"The Man Who" series didn't sell well, so if he goes that direction, I predict he'll have a difficult time finding a publisher.
There is that, of course.
I was guessing more along what his habits/trends have been...I didn't even think about whether a publisher would buy it or not...

hmmm....

Kindle ebook: "The Man Who Humiliated his Publisher."
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Well..it seems like every one and their uncle is doing childrens books...so....Donaldson's Bedtime For Children Stories seems possible..kinda like a Jonathan Swift satire/send up of the modern human condition,,done in bedtime for children stories.....like...Lord Foul and The Choo Choo That Could Rule the World...The Unicorn and The Raver; Mokha With a Horn To Play...The Thigh Gap...Daughters of Buick Regals and Sons of The Man Who Drove Them...and..Yo Momma So Ugly, The Mirror on the Wall Jumped Off and Took the Train.
Last edited by lurch on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I want a series set in The Killing Stroke universe.

Now.

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

lurch wrote:Well..it seems like every one and their uncle is doing childrens books...so....Donaldson's Bedtime For Children Stories seems possible..kinda like a Jonathan Swift satire/send up of the modern human condition,,done in bedtime for children stories.....like...Lord Foul and The Choo Choo That Could Rule the World...The Unicorn and The Raver; Mokha With a Horn To Play...The Thigh Gap...Daughters of Buick Regals and Sons of The Man Who Drove Them...and..Yo Momma So Ugly, The Mirror on the Wall Jumped Off and Took the Train.
SRD will publish a brand new action adventure...

Lurch & Sgt.Null Chronic...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

A Cook Book!!!,,Yes!!??

..Best Recipes for Cooking With White Gold Magic..
.........One Ring and Two Ring Recipes..

..Out Door Favorites With The Staff of BBQ....

...Worm Flambeau!!!! Cooking for ALL The People of the Land..

...Gravies of The Sarangrave...

..Table Top Temptations That Make Kresh Sit Up and Beg For! You can't say No!

..Desserts of Despair! ...Lord Chocolate Summons You!
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

More short stories [if I could make a request]. SRD seemed to exel at these [remember 'Ser Visals Tale', Unworthy of the Angel etc...] and seemed to enjoy writing them as well.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Well, how about a Kerouac style generational rant,,about a group of care free youngsters leaving the uptight families and society for Colorado with dreams to start afresh..Lord Foul's Bong..??
I hear theres Big Money in Hot Fantasy Romance...
I got it..at a costume ball sweet young Linden meets and is swept off her feet ( literally) by a dark and masked stranger ,leaving her fulfilled but soon wanting more of the same..the rest of the book has her solving the mystery of who the masked lover really was..The First Dark...?
pg4 TLD
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

a series of comic books, reviving the old Centaur line.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur_Publications

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “The Last Dark”