ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Cag I was talking to Phyllie about that card game today but I forgot what it is called, what a riot! Oh and I kept forgetting to tell Eric that we used that condom he gave us from the parade last time. Too bad they did that earlier this year!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

this is remarkable and I must thank Danlo and Jenn for this. When I mentioned the war zone I left behind me in Ruidoso, I was pleased that people remembered and I didn't have to explain myself about it-- I'm not used to that. When I received the sage blessing I knew it would bring a good purification, but I wondered if it would remove the terrible hate that has so driven me for years, pursuing me, from one disastrous trouble maker to another. It has been like a relay race of catastrophically insane psychic vampires-- one of them made me think I was under a curse, and this last one was far worse. The more my mother in law kept refusing to change her situation the more driven I became to take action myself-- often wanting cruel and violent personal satisfaction. Getting away from that and being among those whose souls that have known the touch of earthpower in one way or another made me feel empowered. I felt as though I had connected with a great and blazing pure light. This illumination I received from all of you there suddenly made the darkest threat I had ever faced seem suddenly so small and powerless I felt that I could let go and then the hate vanished.
It was after I was able to let go of hate that my mother in law suddenly decided she could just walk away, that he is not her responsibility and that she could just get her stuff and come stay here as we had asked her to do many times.
Now this is astonishing, and I think there is so much that we can become capable of in our lives when we partake of great friendships like ours.
I would not have believed it would happen like this. It is a lesson in the power of peace, and peace is the greatest gift I could have ever left Andelain with!
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

To clarify this-- Danlo and Jenn both performed a smudging for me-- I want to thank EVERYONE!
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Poor it into word and music sir, and let it come out the other side purified.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Yes, Rob, I truly feel that this is leading to a great fruiting of my powers. I had envisioned much today regarding my place in music, for many reasons. I can see a way for me to attain my goals. The staff of vision has as a centerpiece a bass player who once played with who recently made a very powerful restoration of my musical/spiritual vision by reaching out to many people at the time of his death. I told the story to many, but am uncertain if I told it to you. His wife was murdered as a Katrina refugee and even as he secretly drank himself to death, he made a grand gesture to those who he loved, and his insight and encouragement to me was the most grand gift of pure love I have ever received. By no small coincidence did I begin the staff of vision with his name, add the light of so many souls, then finish it with the white gold and a cross drawn very sincerely by Donaldson, who made this mark while apologizing that he "could not draw." That is a terribly personal and humble thing to say to a fan like me, so that was very moving too. Your mark was that quarter note (I think-- I play by ear, although I have attempted to learn sheet music) .
David Brownstein resolved many issues that had clouded my vision, but what few people understand that all I ever wanted to do with my life was change the world with my music. He made me believe in my destiny, if you want to get corny about it, but the reality is far more complex than I could convey in mere words. I think I have become what I was meant to become, but I had to be forged in the fires of adversity in order to unlock the full meaning of what I was meant to do with my songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0uEuhCCgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIquYmjwpe8
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

The card game is called "Cards Against Humanity." You can even download and print it off for free from the site.

cardsagainsthumanity.com/
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

:lol:
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

It took me about 28 hours, but I finally made it home. Just wanted to say:

Tom: making this happen is great, but not the greatest thing about you by far.
Leslie: your hospitality is boundless and wonderful.
Jenn: you have the attitude and the smarts, go make something happen.
Don: congratulations again on your prestigious pharmaceutical position; you are a lord among pharmacists -- a Drug Lord.
Rob: if your literary career goes like your engineering one, it will be great.
Satu: nothing toughens one up like a trip to the States, eh? You are a Giant on the inside.
Lynne: you are just all sweetness and amiability - despite being a struggling author even.
Luci: Hugs. And shit.
Earl: what's a journey without one little bit that's harrowing?
Will: you are an ineffably effervescent owl-wrangler - as rare a critter as any you might rescue.
Mike: your pride in your Irish heritage becomes you -- even under that hat.
Mike: okay, that really -was- a nice catch.
Mike: it was nice to meet the real you, after knowing the surreal you.
Herbie: dream cars, like dreams, come with hard work and sacrifice, but I can see you behind the wheel.
Coz: Very few people chase their dreams as hard as you. Rock on.
Ann: Sensible shoes!

And to everyone: It was awesome to meet or re-meet you all, I wish I had had the time to know you all better.

Sorry the pictures above were too big and a bit blurry, I can see that now. I am sure better pictures will be delivered by everyone else.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Looks like you all had a fabulous time and I've heard a rumor that the GoH also had a great time.

Wish I could have been there with all of you but, unfortunately, there were many reasons why I couldn't make it. Hoping maybe next time.

As Cyn would say: "Hugs and shit!"

Sea xoxox
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

I missed you Sea..Be sure to have a look in the Group fest Album..I'll be adding to the album daily. I'm sure others will as well.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Just a quick post from Santa Fe. The 'Fest has continued for me with lorin, ali, Frosty and Iolanthe. We've had some mighty crack (Irish-style not Breaking Bad-style :lol:) and there'll be a few funny stories to relate anon :lol:

It was great to meet everybody and, as has been said, Lady Tam and danlo's hospitality was beyond praise. Thank you both so much!

I'll post more when I'm home. Do not believe anything anyone has to say about my waving hands or excessive enthusiasm about the Chronicles :biggrin:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

It occurred to me that I hadn't properly thanked Danlo and Lady Tam properly! I was tended to in especially thoughtful ways, and the fruit of this is peace and positivity.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

ussusimiel wrote:Just a quick post from Santa Fe. The 'Fest has continued for me with lorin, ali, Frosty and Iolanthe. We've had some mighty crack (Irish-style not Breaking Bad-style :lol:) and there'll be a few funny stories to relate anon :lol:

It was great to meet everybody and, as has been said, Lady Tam and danlo's hospitality was beyond praise. Thank you both so much!

I'll post more when I'm home. Do not believe anything anyone has to say about my waving hands or excessive enthusiasm about the Chronicles :biggrin:

u.
Totally cool meeting you sir! I found your enthusiasm contagious...
Rob

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I've promised lorin that I'll visit the Watch more often. So I guess I should add my two cents to this thread.

It goes without saying (but I'm going to say it anyway) that this has been a fantabulous trip. Lady Tam, danlo and Jenn are the best hosts and party planners/executors anywhere. The dinner Saturday night was awesome as ever, SRD was gracious as ever, the company was spectacular as ever, and I'm running out of superlatives so I guess I'd better quit while I'm ahead.

These last few days with lorin, Io, u. and Frosty have been great, too. Nothing like traveling with a congenial bunch of people. I said earlier today that you know you've had a great trip when you don't want to go home. I wish I wasn't going home tomorrow.

But I have Efest 5 to look forward to. I suppose I'll have to be content with that.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

What an amazing group of people I had the privilege of hanging out with this past week. I always think that no elohimfest can top the last and I am always wrong. I learned so much and loved learning so much that it made me think, I can't wait until the next fest and see what it brings. I can't be as eloquent as Wayfriend was with his messages but I read his post and felt every thought. Wayfriend, thank you for not punching me when I claimed to be the real Cail. Yes, Cail if you read this, take it up with me if you dare. Thank you to everyone for making this a really monumental experience. I'm still wishing we had actually done the "YOU SUCK AVATAR" sign group pic that we were laughing about since he didn't bother coming. ANyways, WOW. That was more amazing than words... mama.

Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I will post an entire travelogue some point after getting home.

But some hilights so far...

Texas Stonehenge. Carlsbad Caverns. Carlsbad Living Desert Zoo. E Fest. Grand Canyon. Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. Petrified Forest. Painted Desert. And more that I'm forgetting.

And we ain't done yet. Up in the air. Definitely Lubbock. (Buddy Holly)

But most of seeing my friends again.at the risk of excluding anyone...

Coz! Lord Zombiac to some. My soul brother. Not enough time. I will get to your mountain one day. Give Phyl and Zappa my love.

Jenn. I love you too.

John (Damelon). Who I have been texting this entire trip. Thank you. You are Julie's favorite Watch member.don't tell her I said that. We hope to get up to Chicago one day.

George. Sorry we didn't get to visit more. Hoping to get to Seattle one day.

Tom & Leslie - thank you for being g the perfect hosts.

Cyndi & Peter - sorry also that we didn't see each other enough.

Lorin - ditto. Not enough time to visit. Thank you for the awesome pins. I will figure something to return to you.

Lurch - you have inspired me to dust off the James sequel. Thank you.

Cags & Bossk you make a better threesome. Nice to meet the Cag hag.

Irish Mike - awesome to meet you. Pm an address and we will mail you a return.

Duke - sorry we didn't get to talk.

Kevin (WF) it was great meeting you. Just as I knew it would be.

Lynne - looking forward to reading your series. I hope to have a book of poetry published one of these days. Can you pm me on how you did it?
Last edited by sgt.null on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

wayfriend wrote:It took me about 28 hours, but I finally made it home. Just wanted to say:

Tom: making this happen is great, but not the greatest thing about you by far.
Leslie: your hospitality is boundless and wonderful.
Jenn: you have the attitude and the smarts, go make something happen.
Don: congratulations again on your prestigious pharmaceutical position; you are a lord among pharmacists -- a Drug Lord.
Rob: if your literary career goes like your engineering one, it will be great.
Satu: nothing toughens one up like a trip to the States, eh? You are a Giant on the inside.
Lynne: you are just all sweetness and amiability - despite being a struggling author even.
Luci: Hugs. And shit.
Earl: what's a journey without one little bit that's harrowing?
Will: you are an ineffably effervescent owl-wrangler - as rare a critter as any you might rescue.
Mike: your pride in your Irish heritage becomes you -- even under that hat.
Mike: okay, that really -was- a nice catch.
Mike: it was nice to meet the real you, after knowing the surreal you.
Herbie: dream cars, like dreams, come with hard work and sacrifice, but I can see you behind the wheel.
Coz: Very few people chase their dreams as hard as you. Rock on.
Ann: Sensible shoes!

And to everyone: It was awesome to meet or re-meet you all, I wish I had had the time to know you all better.

Sorry the pictures above were too big and a bit blurry, I can see that now. I am sure better pictures will be delivered by everyone else.
Glad you made it home safe and sound... til next time!
Rob

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Anne . It was great meeting you. Thank you for the pins. We will come up with a return.

Pam - so nice to see you again. Not enough time visiting.

John & Julie - two very class people.great what time we spent together.

Don - I regret not getting to talk with you more.

Vickie - other than hi, we didn't talk. Sorry.

Anthony - again, sorry we didn't talk.

Jeff & Allison - a delight meeting you two. Jeff' get on the board!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Satu - a joy meeting you. I so wish we could visit your homeland. I am so glad you came.

Jon (Red leader). - great talking with you more this time. Julie will call my aunt to see if we can track down where my English ancestors came from.

Will - as an honorary southerner... howdy. Lol. Great meeting you.

Jennifer Stone - you will likely never see this, but great meeting you.

Mrs. Null - thank you for this amazing road trip. I love you, now and forever.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

What everyone has said.

Since my translation back to the real world, I find myself wishing I was back at E'fest.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”