The Best Terrible Movie Ever

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I've mentioned this before in other threads but I actually like Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Something about the evil super villain plot that I find appealing. And that damn Silver Shamrock jingle. But yeah, Halloween purists seem to hate the departure from the Michael Myers story line.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

Hands down:

<b>Death Stalker 2 </b>(not 1 or 3)

There are no words for how much fun it is to see the set, which burned to the ground in the 1st installment, being used for the set of the second send up of itself (a bad B fantasy flick with no redeeming value -- except as the source of this gem). And the outtakes are even better.

Got it on Amazon awhile back, and can't wait to see it again. John Terlesky stars, but don't trust the credit's list as:

"In the closing credits, after the main cast credits, there is a list of 87 fake names, most of which are characters from other films: Deke Rivers (Elvis Presley's character in 'Loving You') Roger O. Thornhill (Cary Grant's character in 'North by Northwest') Virgil Hilts (Steve McQueen's character in 'The Great Escape') ... " (IMDb)

That should tell you how awesome it is...referencing Preley/Grant/McQueen/etc. in CREDITS. Best bad movie EVER!!!!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Heh, Doc....if I ever even heard of that film, it has slipped my mind. And that is weird cuz it's the kind of thing peeps I know WOULD tell me about, and I would watch it if they did.

So, given your post, I HAVE heard of it now, and I will hunt it down and watch.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

aTOMiC wrote:I've mentioned this before in other threads but I actually like Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Something about the evil super villain plot that I find appealing. And that damn Silver Shamrock jingle. But yeah, Halloween purists seem to hate the departure from the Michael Myers story line.
We seem to have similar tastes in bad movies. I also am a fan of the Halloween 3, and honestly, I never saw the appeal of Michael Myers. Then again, I'm Jason's bitch. But I did like this creative, but dumb, little story, and yes...that jingle....every year singing it before I even realize I'm doing it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

Vraith, I came across it by accident when I was in college. Had a night to kill and rented all three of them at SunCoast Video. Watched the first one, and thought...CRAP! If the other two are as bad as this one just was, I am going to be Soooooo mad.

#2 made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. And thus, I was disappointed by #3, which tried to make a decent sequel to the first (instead of the second, which would have been much better!).

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you ever get to see it.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Devil's Rejects was great.
Here is the chicken fucker scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVO65I50RB8
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Devil's Rejects is an excellent film that does not belong in any worst movies thread. imho.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I just re-discovered two of them, oddly starring the same guy.

Dead Heat. A bad movie starring Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo as cops hunting rich zombies. Oh, and Treat Williams is dead. And his name is "Roger Mortis". Great fun.

Deep Rising, an Aliens clone also starring Treat Williams that leans hard into camp that's way less stupid and a lot more fun than it should be.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Plan 9 From Outer Space
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Oh man. So many bad movies, so little time.

Hot Stuff -- I remember this, back in the days when I was less discriminating. But I still laugh when it comes on. Is that nostalgic?
Tremors -- I have always loved how they never find out where they come from.
Ice Pirates -- space herpes?
Deep Rising -- in the elevator "what's that?" "girl from epanema."
Big Trouble in Little China -- "what won't be back??"
Money Pit -- "I'm in the floor behind the chair."
Burbs -- "I've never seen someone drive down to the curb and beat their garbage to death."
ItisWritten
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Did a 1984 Terrible Movie Double Feature last night.....

The Ice Pirates: Did not age well. It's played surprisingly straight at the beginning, and then the insanity creeps in. The effects are terrible, the acting is questionable (you can literally see the Princess's eyes tracking the cue cards), and the story jumps all over the place. There had to be literal tons of cocaine involved in the making of this film.

Top Secret: While it'll never have the laughs of Airplane!, it's still a solid movie. I lol'd enough to make re-watching it worthwhile, and I'd forgotten a fair number of the jokes, so it still seemed reasonably fresh.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I loved Top Secret. :D

--A
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

Ultraviolet 9% rotten tomatoes 30% audience score.

I really like this film. Right from the opening credits your inside a living comic. Slick, glossy, mad futuristic devices, invented languages, with lots and lots of Gun fu. And of course, Milla Jovovich.

I found this movie in my local DVD shop bargain bin.
What more can you ask for at 75p. :D
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Vizidor wrote:And of course, Milla Jovovich.
She makes any movie she is in worth watching.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Postman - Kevin Costner starred in it. The acting is not all that good but for some reason I end up watching it every time I happen to see that its on.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

SoulBiter wrote:The Postman - Kevin Costner starred in it. The acting is not all that good but for some reason I end up watching it every time I happen to see that its on.
Bite your damn tongue!

The Postman kicks all sorts of ass. I love every sappy second of that movie.
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell
highway to hell

see the damn movie.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, horrible ending, but man so many good lines....................
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Anchorman 2 should have been :roll: stupid, but I found myself laughing anyway. Go figure.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

Actually, I think The Terminator should be in this thread.

Some of the models are so bad like the toy soldiers in the crashing vehicle, that you force yourself to ignore so as not to ruin the thrill of a great story being told.

Return to “Flicks”