Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Regarding going down into the tunnel...

Beorn should be finished with his Math AICE paper by now, so hopefully if he did learn anything using Detect Magic in the bakery he can update us (should he choose to do so) before we move beyond...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

There is nothing magical in there except for the purple stuff.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Unless anyone has something they want to accomplish, I was planning on skipping ahead (after Jauron relates his information) to the evening.......
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I have nothing I wish to do, aside from track down my horse and claim ownership. If you say Jauron put the horse in the Inn's stable already, then we're all golden.
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

I'm fine with that.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Vynarkus wrote:
Laurel wrote:The bard's brow furrowed in recollection...

Do you mean similar to the end of The Death-Pride of Skurrak, Most-Violent-Of-Men?
Vynarkus raises his eyebrows. "The end of what?"
Oh fudge...
...now I have to compose the tale on very little detail.

...I hate writing...

mmm...
Me thinks the Watch game masters have decided to team up against me regarding my hatred of composing.

Give me a bit and play on.
I have an idea, but...

...ugh
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Barring anything else, I'm advancing to following day....Yurian and company arriving.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

200-OK
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Seven Words wrote:Orc Priest--17
FellSpears--12
Orcs--10
Ogre--9
What to attack, what to attack...
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Vyn,

Since my attacks get better if I can get a running start, it would really help me if we can kill these two Fellspears this round. So I don't get Attacks of Opportunity when I try to back up.

If you can snipe whichever one of them I don't kill, it would really help me.
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Laurel wrote:Once the spell is cast, Laurel moves rapidly at a sharp southeast angle towards the burning building to the south of her and dives through a glass window to take cover [ooc: move one square southeast then one square south, finishing by diving through the window into the building].
Why the burning building?!?!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Closest?
Dramatic effect?

...it's just a teeny fire anyway...
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Seven Words wrote:The deathly-looking elf with the doubled sword strides forward, a cold, hungry look upon his face. His chain shirt gleams, and flows almost like liquid around him, even as his weapon is whirled about, whistling through the air, edges gleaming an odd blue.
That's Darth Maul... guess I'm Wolverine.
Geek the mage, first.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Laurel wrote:[ooc]
spell craft and knowledge: arcana checks on any and all magic items lying around please, but especially on the double blade sword
[/ooc]
I make my ouchie check. 'Cause it hit me and scored a critical hit.

Icy burst. +2

That said, I claim this thing. I had to drop the halberd. I had to give Marrik the axe. All these things that have touched my spleen, they should be mine, but it's more useful for them to belong to someone else. But THIS sword is completely useless to everybody in the party. So there's no reason that I can't keep it, as a souvenir.

And I shall rename it Spleenripper.
Geek the mage, first.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Led Pighp wrote:
Laurel wrote:[ooc]
spell craft and knowledge: arcana checks on any and all magic items lying around please, but especially on the double blade sword
[/ooc]
I make my ouchie check. 'Cause it hit me and scored a critical hit.

Icy burst. +2

That said, I claim this thing. I had to drop the halberd. I had to give Marrik the axe. All these things that have touched my spleen, they should be mine, but it's more useful for them to belong to someone else. But THIS sword is completely useless to everybody in the party. So there's no reason that I can't keep it, as a souvenir.

And I shall rename it Spleenripper.
I have no problem with this.
But let Laurel sing Identify over it on the morrow.
I suspect Led will be very close at hand as a new day begins which will enable her to do so... :twisted:

I have much to describe to the party as a whole regarding magic items. I have asked the DM to get us to The Winding Way as soon as possible so all can be briefed. Oh, and as long as Laurel was doing the checks, she'll gather up all the items and bring them with her. I'll edit her post to say that.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I will be moving across the country, so will not be available to play Led Pighp for the next couple weeks. Will return once I have Internet access, hopefully around July 1st.

Feel free to send Led on some kind of solo mission to get him out of the storyline, or NPC him as you see fit, Seven.
Geek the mage, first.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Sorry for the double-post, though this is weeks later... okay, I'm not sorry. I have no regrets at all, really.

Anyway... I recently discovered the whole "Items" concept on the Watch, and how many of the players of Pantheon and Vampire: The Requiem have items themed to their games. Would someone more versed in the creation of these items be able to create some for this game as well?

I'd like to be able to list species, nationality, and character class, if possible. It might also be useful to include things like weapon of choice or what kind of mount a person has (for determining speed, etc.)

Anybody able to do such a thing? I don't know how complicated it is, but if someone can show me how, I'd be willing to make some myself.
Geek the mage, first.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

As the creator of the items for V:tR, I can say it is easy with the proper tools. The main thing is having patience with manipulating the graphic into the size of the item template.

However, then you or Seven has to convince ~jay (kevinswatch) to open a store for the items and upload them. He is the only one able to do so. At the same time I created the V:tR tags, I made some for Aesir as well, and both Odin and I requested they be made available.

*shrug*

As you can see, we're still waiting.

Also, Loremaster had requested only the clan tags be available with the red border, and the rest be available only in black, although I created full sets in both. That's not what was made available. I think Loremaster was going to request the Vampire store be adjusted, but so far it has not been done.

So, there is a little frustration involved with creating user items. But if you still want the details, contact me. :)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Oh. Then I'll just let you do it. I'll help find pictures for you to squeeze down, once I have a real Internet connection at home.

I'm a champ at delegating.
Geek the mage, first.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

'cept I don't wanna...
:cry:

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”